• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
There is definately a lack off passion. Developing Into the All blacks game. No doubt about it. They just think they can win any game by showing up and once a team all of a sudden gets a lead and a few things go there way they wake up and realised they could lose

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Might've been a forward pass from Fafita's offload, but it's enjoyable watching the All Blacks being directed by a proper first five.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Might've been a forward pass from Fafita's offload, but it's enjoyable watching the All Blacks being directed by a proper first five.

Reckon they'll promote Lima off the back of this and shift Barrett to the back or to the bench?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Getting a bit sick of NZ commentators going crazy over the ABs comeback. The Argentinians are ranked 10 in the world below Fiji even. Credit to the Pumas but surely this isn't a performance the ABs should be proud of--you'd hope they could come back against the 10th best team in the world.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Reckon they'll promote Lima off the back of this and shift Barrett to the back or to the bench?

As long as Hansen is coach I imagine Barrett's selection criteria goes something like: "can you walk Beaudy? If yes, then get out there and give 'em hell, slugger. If no, then IDK. Guess there's that Llama bloke from the Highlanders".

Would be delighted to be proven wrong, mind.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
As long as Hansen is coach I imagine Barrett's selection criteria goes something like: "can you walk Beaudy? If yes, then get out there and give 'em hell, slugger. If no, then IDK. Guess there's that Llama bloke from the Highlanders".

Would be delighted to be proven wrong, mind.

I've always felt Barrett isn't as complete a 10 as Sopoaga. He's good when they're going forward and he can use his pace but seems to get a bit lost when he's under pressure.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Getting a bit sick of NZ commentators going crazy over the ABs comeback. The Argentinians are ranked 10 in the world below Fiji even. Credit to the Pumas but surely this isn't a performance the ABs should be proud of--you'd hope they could come back against the 10th best team in the world.
The commentary in the last 5 minutes was cringeworthy. At least NZ rugby supporters have something to be embarrassed about.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I've always felt Barrett isn't as complete a 10 as Sopoaga. He's good when they're going forward and he can use his pace but seems to get a bit lost when he's under pressure.
Barrett's a good 10 but hes a better 15. They play him at 10 so they can put those other freaks up the back

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Highlights:

Fifita (not Fy-feeta as Marshall (?) called him last night) was awesome, he's looking very much like the guy they were hoping Luatua might have become but bigger & on last night's evidence quicker (was mentioned that at one stage thought was given to converting him to wing).

As for the Beaugan, it wasn't just his place kicking that was crap (albeit he had some tough ones) a coupla restarts weren't too flash either. We've really gotta find a way to get a reliable goal kicker out there: with Jordie B injured that means either DMac starts taking the shots or he gets benched, Sopoaga plays 10 & Barrett 15.

Joe Moody dislocated his shoulder & is likely gone for the year, meaning we're probably stuck with Ofa & that worries me.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11920408

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
another fairly dogshit performance. Took Cane to come on at 60 mins and wake the precious pups up. Suppose this means that the 2007-2015 team was A Thing and now we've gone back to being good but not great. Rebuilding phase. Nonu and Conrad, no, now its Lienert Browns and league passengers and busted Crottys. Carter, no, its Beaudy and his shitty kicking days and if the crosskicks not working oh shit. Has to go to FB.
And Mccaw. ffs MCCAW. missing him. he bailed them out of so much shit. Now we’ve got these Ardies and squires and the contrails of whatever it is 32-year old SBW & Dagg do and they’re just not as fucken good as before. Yes, takes time, blah blah but

14.Dagg
15.DMac

FUCK THIS. the little fella can't catch and the other bloke can only kick.
The commentary in the last 5 minutes was cringeworthy. At least NZ rugby supporters have something to be embarrassed about.

as soon as match started I thought oh fuck no it's cantab cheerleader and noted anti-Auckland rhetoricist Tony Fucking Johnstone. wft. Nisbo out to pasture? Tony fucking Johnstone. Fucking great. Braced on either side by Justin Fucking Mrshall shrieking his tits off with a spastically spartan grip on anything approaching sageness and on the other side, the fat guts cricket guy trying to sound like a rugby knowitall in between tongue-dart lashing at delicious hairy swathes of Izzy Dagg's ballsack

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Kaino back at AB training today but will be released back to Auckland for their trip to Invercargill Friday night (too soon to call it a cripple fight but geez if those Aucks don't get their shit together soon they're Championship-bound for sure). Fifita sat out training with a dicky shoulder, call will be made tomorrow whether he or Squire plays 6. Foster also adamant that Beaugan won't be benched (nothing said either way about a move to 15 so I guess that possibility remains).

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well any chance of an upset just went out the window with the confirmation Jaco Kriel is returning home with a shoulder injury. He must be devastated. Can't imagine his disappointment.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Dagg concussion symptom-free but now in doubt with his knee playing up again. Crotty will be back, though, which will help sure up the midfield.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well any chance of an upset just went out the window with the confirmation Jaco Kriel is returning home with a shoulder injury. He must be devastated. Can't imagine his disappointment.

Terrible news for Kriel and the Boks. He has had a superb year. Anyone else coming into the squad or just use the cover they've got?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Dagg concussion symptom-free but now in doubt with his knee playing up again. Crotty will be back, though, which will help sure up the midfield.

Hopefully Crotty can last the 80. Start him and Sonny and I wouldn't mind seeing Crotty and Laumape finish the test together.

Status
Not open for further replies.