• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
I don't think Williams and Laumape will be in the same XXIII against serious opposition. The risk of Crotty going down, and stranding the AB's with a midfield of Williams and Laumape, is too great.

Crotty/Lienert-brown would be my preference, with one of Williams or Laumape on the bench.

Akula

Herbert Moran (7)
Really would like to see Lima at 10 and Beaudy at 15 but I can't see Hansen doing that.

Guessing Beaudy will go back there at around 55-60 minutes when Lima comes on as a sub.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^ hopefully at that point we're not two or three missed conversions and/ or a penalty or two in the hole...............

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well question answered, Hames starting a surprise but was interested to hear Shag's reasoning, and I have to say it a bit hard to argue with any picks or why they are doing things etc.
ALL BLACKS: Damian McKenzie, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Ryan Crotty, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Beauden Barrett, Aaron Smith; Kieran Read (capt), Sam Cane, Liam Squire, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Nepo Laulala, Dane Coles, Kane Hames. Reserves: Codie Taylor, Wyatt Crockett, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Scott Barrett, Ardie Savea, TJ Perenara, Lima Sopaga, Anton Lienert-Brown.

Dagg out with dicky knee

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^^^^^^& Fifita not considered due to his shoulder injury.

Very seriously doubt whether Fifita was ever in with much of a chance, I think he will be bought along as most players with Shag and co, they like to make sure players are pretty set before giving them to many starts, especially in pressure tests!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Very seriously doubt whether Fifita was ever in with much of a chance, I think he will be bought along as most players with Shag and co, they like to make sure players are pretty set before giving them to many starts, especially in pressure tests!

Agree he wasn't going to start given Squire was rested last weekend. But it would've been tempting to have him on the bench if he was fit. I like the bigger ball carriers against the Boks.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Springboks: 15. Andries Coetzee, 14. Raymond Rhule, 13. Jesse Kriel, 12. Jan Serfontein, 11. Courtnall Skosan, 10. Elton Jantjies, 9. Ross Cronje, 8. Uzair Cassiem, 7. Jean-Luc du Preez, 6. Siya Kolisi, 5. Franco Mostert, 4. Eben Etzebeth (captain), 3. Ruan Dreyer, 2. Malcolm Marx, 1. Tendai Mtawarira. Substitutes: 16. Bongi Mbonambi, 17. Steven Kitshoff, 18. Trevor Nyakane, 19. Lood de Jager, 20. Pieter-Steph du Toit, 21. Francois Hougaard, 22. Handré Pollard, 23. Damian de Allende

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I thought I'd read that Kriel was heading home with an injury?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Boy I have to say I really looking forward to this test. Just slightly behind the Lions' tests for me on anticipation for this year!! Not downplaying Wallaby tests but I'm an old codger and ABs/Boks gets the juices flowing, especially with this Bok team. I think the Boks have recruited very well in their coaching staff!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Crazy, don't know who set those odds, but not sure he or she has watched the Boks this year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Crazy, don't know who set those odds, but not sure he or she has watched the Boks this year.

They're paying $7 on the site I used and have a 17.5 point start.

The Wallabies were paying more than that in the 2nd Bledisloe (and had a bigger start).

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^ TAB are just reacting to where the punters are sticking their money but, as Dan alludes to, many of those punters clearly don't appreciate that the Bokke are much improved this year compared to last so to that extent I'm not sure I'd call it a fair reflection.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It isn't parimutual betting. The house can lose.

They are offering fixed odds. If the weight of bets is too heavily in one direction indicating they framed the market wrong then they will adjust the odds but there is no automatic movement of the odds as per a parimutual system at the tote.

My guess is if the All Blacks opened at much higher than $1.10 there would have been huge money placed on them from serious gamblers as they would see it as incredible odds for an almost sure thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.