• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The TV Broadcasting of Australian Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Another factor, the Asian Cup is exclusive to Fox, meanwhile the Lions tour is FTA.

Problem for us is still no FTA exposure of Super Rugby.

That's why I believe people getting behind Tens broadcast of Rugby over the next few years. If we can prove it as a potential revenue stream for the station they may in turn look to pick up Super Rugby in the future. Alternatively, I'd like to see the ARU work with Ten to look to launch their own subscription based Rugby channel. I think it could be a real winner for both organisations and the game itself.

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm a big fan of this repeat the next morning. Apart from the fact it's a bit early for a beer, I quite like watching the overnight international at 9.30 am.

next week, Aus v Italy, 9.30 am on Channel 11. Aww, I can't watch the bolt report!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
He's baaaaaack.......

ESPN has beefed up its rugby union coverage with the hiring of former Fairfax Media journalist Greg Growden as a writer and analyst.

Growden, who recently took redundancy from Fairfax after three decades reporting on rugby and other sports, will appear on television as well as online and provide southern hemisphere expertise to ESPN's coverage.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ About time too.

What would Radio think about the QC (Quade Cooper) drama?

Is the QC (Quade Cooper) story being broken on CH nein somehow related to the fact that CH 10 now has ARU rights?

Perhaps part of a pre-season talk up for their Ch nein Mungoball "investment"?

Time to take the Tin Foil Hat off?

Happy to have our old mate back in the media though.

ESPN really needs to review their spellcheck programme. It is either "writer and gossipmonger", or they may be in for some disappointing times if they actually meant "analyst".

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
^^^^ About time too.

What would Radio think about the QC (Quade Cooper) drama?

Is the QC (Quade Cooper) story being broken on CH nein somehow related to the fact that CH 10 now has ARU rights?

Perhaps part of a pre-season talk up for their Ch nein Mungoball "investment"?

Time to take the Tin Foil Hat off?

Happy to have our old mate back in the media though.

ESPN really needs to review their spellcheck programme. It is either second rate"writer and gossipmonger", or they may be in for some disappointing times if they actually meant "analyst".

Thought I'd just add that little bit in there, HJ.

T

T.Rugby

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
This tread originally started off as giving crap to channel 9. For those with a stronger business understanding than myself, what are the implications for nine based on this article. Could they still end up in deep crap?

ATTEMPTS by the Nine Entertainment Group to reduce its multibillion-dollar debt have hit a serious hurdle after some of its creditors refused on Monday to agree to a new scheme of arrangement.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/lenders-baulk-at-rescue-plan-for-nine-20121217-2bjna.html

Could they default on the NRL broadcast rights which would impact on Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.