• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Cyclo - please delete the above.

If people want to express their views on subjects such as these, or comment on others who have expressed their views, they should do it elsewhere.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Let's stick to rugby focused topics that we all agree on people so this forum doesn't descend into ad neusum posting of the same opinions over and over.

Anyone have an opinion on Quade Cooper vs Bernard Foley?

Pandora's Box Numero Duo.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Meh, shit point. He played musical chairs to find his best options and Coleman and Arnold stuck their hand up and established themselves as the go to pair for Australia. He still rotates the secondaries a little but primarily relies on Simmons from the bench. He dropped Simmons for a while to light a fire under him and gave Carter a shot which he failed to take advantage of.

The idea that he primarily picks NSW players or NSW youngsters is bullshit parochialism.

And that certainly lit up a bonfire didn't it? Simmons found difficulty then getting a start at the Reds and Was jettisoned by the Reds before the end of the season. Spent quite a few weeks in limbo before the lifebuoy was thrown out by the Tahs. And at no stage since he lost his Wallabies' spot has he shown form to earn a recall.

Yeah - agree, bullshit parochialism on the part of the national coach. How else would Hanigan, Dempsey, possibly Robertson, last year Mumm, Horne at al get their gigs in the national side?

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Is it just me or does anyone else not give a shit about rugby anymore? I'd rather watch F1 and AFL Finals over the Aus v Arg game

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is it just me or does anyone else not give a shit about rugby anymore? I'd rather watch F1 and AFL Finals over the Aus v Arg game

Last year I would've said yes to the AFL finals (which were incredible) but the Doggies didn't get there this year.........

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
And that certainly lit up a bonfire didn't it? Simmons found difficulty then getting a start at the Reds and Was jettisoned by the Reds before the end of the season. Spent quite a few weeks in limbo before the lifebuoy was thrown out by the Tahs. And at no stage since he lost his Wallabies' spot has he shown form to earn a recall.
Wait. So you're saying that Rob Simmons is back in the Wallabies side because he's now a Tah?? LOL. Your hatred of the Tahs has no limits. I'm not saying he's been great, I think the thing is he's the least worst of the available options, that can also run a lineout.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Simmons had plenty of much more lucrative offers from Japan and England than he is receiving from the Tahs. Bloke, for some reason or other (and its probably the other), wanted to stay in Aussie.

Good on him

T

TOCC

Wait. So you're saying that Rob Simmons is back in the Wallabies side because he's now a Tah?? LOL. Your hatred of the Tahs has no limits. I'm not saying he's been great, I think the thing is he's the least worst of the available options, that can also run a lineout.

Nah... Sam Carter was in much better form all year, selecting Simmons sends the wrong message, likewise with Douglas

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Actually KOB, my comment wasn't directed at the Tahs at all, but entirely at the national coach and his foibles. For your info, I don't hate the Tahs, I have very little patience for the supporters of the Tahs on this site who see everything through their blue glasses and apologise for every poor decision (and there are plenty) emanating from that coach. In truth, I don't yet even consider Simmons to be a Tah. In my mind he is and will be a Red until he actually dons the blue of NSW. I concede I am anti-Rob Simmons and always have been.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Nah. Sam Carter was in much better form all year, selecting Simmons sends the wrong message, likewise with Douglas

Agree, also Simmo was, from what I saw, pretty soft around the b/down. Hanigan looked far better and it was late in the game. I think he needs a good break, maybe he is carrying injuries.