• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The quotes sound made up.

Everyone knows he's motivational and this has diminishing returns. Hes a fairly poor tactician.

The reason he still has a job, as everyone has pointed out ad infinitum, is because there are no better candidates and the ARU can't afford to either pay out his contract or pay out an alternatives contract from elsewhere.

So unless you can magically fix those two problems i don't get the point in banging on about it.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
They're friends who knwo what they're talking about with rugby and are well connected. Of course it's FB, but the point is that how Cheika is described sounds pretty accurate int erms of what we're seeing.

I know we're stuck with him till the WC, but I don't reckon we'll get past the quarters.

Realistically, we shouldn't have last time either.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
They're friends who knwo what they're talking about with rugby and are well connected. Of course it's FB, but the point is that how Cheika is described sounds pretty accurate int erms of what we're seeing.

I know we're stuck with him till the WC, but I don't reckon we'll get past the quarters.

Realistically, we shouldn't have last time either.
Really you think his in there eye gouging grabbing peoples nuts and rucking the shit out of them..and not one of them have punched him in the face..sounds like next claim will be it was his fingers that ended Benn's career.

Also you saying the assistant coaches, wouldnt tell him to pull his head in.

I can see him being a motivator who has a short self life..but come on, thats a load of crap..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Issues with anonymous FB mates aside, I do buy that description of Cheika.

It seems to be a common thread between a lot of our coaches - their motivational tactics work wonders in the short term, but tend to have a diminishing effect over time.

Eddie Jones is the captain/coach of that club, but it happened with Link as well. Makes sense to me that it would happen with Cheika too.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Isn't the problem that we don't seem to have any coaches, at all, that can build long term success?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Issues with anonymous FB mates aside, I do buy that description of Cheika.

It seems to be a common thread between a lot of our coaches - their motivational tactics work wonders in the short term, but tend to have a diminishing effect over time.

Eddie Jones is the captain/coach of that club, but it happened with Link as well. Makes sense to me that it would happen with Cheika too.
Hes also good at identifying weaknesses in his own team and finding players to plug holes. He just needs someone to help him with the tactical side of the game. NZ clearly have a team who do this.

It doesn't help that Larkham can't run a backline and Grey a defense. The only good assistant he had in Ledesma left.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Mate, in the olden days I you would play noughts and crosses on the back of someone who had "fallen" on the wrong side and then get pissed with them afterwards

What happens on the field used to stay on the field
No one ever got a career ending injury from good natured rucking though (I'm discounting a boot to the face here). Hard to have a beer with the team when you can't lift your head.

In my view neck rolls are a different level to rucking.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

B

Bobby Sands

This youtube and the comments seemed pretty devastated they lost Samu. Clearly highly rated over the ditch.