• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Who gives a shit about wingers?

Let's be real here. We don't beat the ABs because our wingers had great games. It's all about the blokes with the low numbers on their backs.

And even after the last few weeks they aren't getting enough attention. We are sorely behind the Boks and ABs in positions 1,2,3,6 and 8. I genuinely believe our locks are up to it, and Hooper. But after that it gets ugly.

Codie Taylor scored a try for the ABs out wide where he caught a long pass on his toes, and showed enough speed to dot down before the Lions winger caught him. Could Moore/TPN/Latu do that? Never in a million years.

We have a serious lack of hard-edged, raw-boned big blokes. We need guys with Hanigan's attitude but Timani's build. And I'm not sure where they are coming from.

The problem is there's so little point of difference between our options at 6-8 that there's not really a clear solution.
But our backs all bring different skills to the table.
For some years we won with a forward pack that at most had parity and was probably actually slightly below the standard of our opposition. We won due to our ability to make the most of the ball we got.
So I do give a shit about our wingers, and the rest of our back line.
We had enough ball, territory and possession to beat the English last year and Scotland this year despite our forward deficiencies.
If we select the right back line, get our defence right, capitalise on our line breaks, and fix our bloody kicking and exits from our 22 then we can be back to no 2 in the world with the forwards we've got - maybe even give the ABs a scare or two.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
We look like doing nothing to address those deficiencies. RHP didn't get a look into the Wallaby squad when he could very well be a long term Wallaby 6. The younger hooker in the Wallaby squad didn't even see game time in the tests just gone. We just rolled out two hookers at the back end of their careers with one of them not even playing well enough to justify starting in his super rugby side. The promising number 8 in Australia has been playing super rugby as a lock. Props are not that bad though.

General ball skills across the park are shit and there is not a shred of evidence to improving this. NZ look good because all their players do the basic fundamentals well. Where not competent at that basic level and it is a wicked problem ingrained in our lack of basic player development.

We are piss weak in both strength and conditioning and it friggin' kills us when decisions need to be made on the field. In plain speak, we are soft.

The national coach is underwhelming and there is an absolute baron wasteland of coaching talent in this country.

Just to cap it off, the code is administered by useless spivs that you wouldn't trust with a chook raffle.

I love rugby but I loathe the c#nts that have run this game into the ground.

Rant over.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
The only issue I have with the selections are the consistency.

e.g.

Are we trying to win every game now and pick our best team?

therefore pick Genia, Moore and Fardy

Or are we building for the future

therefore pick Powell/Gordon, Latu and Hanigan/RHP

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
The only issue I have with the selections are the consistency.

e.g.

Are we trying to win every game now and pick our best team?

therefore pick Genia, Moore and Fardy

Or are we building for the future

therefore pick Powell/Gordon, Latu and Hanigan/RHP

Why does it have to be all or nothing? A mix sounds fine to me.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Who gives a shit about wingers?

Let's be real here. We don't beat the ABs because our wingers had great games. It's all about the blokes with the low numbers on their backs.

And even after the last few weeks they aren't getting enough attention. We are sorely behind the Boks and ABs in positions 1,2,3,6 and 8. I genuinely believe our locks are up to it, and Hooper. But after that it gets ugly.

Codie Taylor scored a try for the ABs out wide where he caught a long pass on his toes, and showed enough speed to dot down before the Lions winger caught him. Could Moore/TPN/Latu do that? Never in a million years.

We have a serious lack of hard-edged, raw-boned big blokes. We need guys with Hanigan's attitude but Timani's build. And I'm not sure where they are coming from.

This.

Are you listening Cheika??? Solve this. First. Primary. Now.

Everything else, for now, is secondary.

Get over your personality thing with Fardy - and anyone else for that matter. No don't select him if he isn't the right answer, but get over it enough that he can be on the list being considered.

Sort out the pigs - you are ahead already with the locks, finish the job.Get your head down in the dark places and build the pack.

Moon Dog

Stan Wickham (3)
Is Sefa the fastest man over 100m in any of Australia's football codes?

No he was moving when he caught the ball which helps to score, he doesn't have the explosive speed from a standing still position and he couldn't catch that nifty Italian back that scored

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I guess my main issue is that there is no justification in picking Horne if he refuses to pick Fardy when both are heading overseas

This one's going to keep getting wheeled out for years to come. It's probably a pertinent exercise to go through the circumstances that led to Horne being recalled into the squad and then apply them to what might have happened if it was an experienced back rower instead of Kerevi that was injured.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Is there anyone here who thinks the Wallaby performance is, say, half just half, what we are seeing right now from the [oh edit, depression leading to Kiwi confusion, not Chiefs but] Canes playing the Lions?

What odds on the Wallabies beating, I dont know, the Blues? Ottago? Whykickamoocow high school? Second 15?

I think MST got it perfect in the front page blog today. And it really is time for the one-eyed thinking to stop and questions to get firm.

Under this coaching team the Wallabies are a rabble. Players or coaching? Dont care, the players are what we've got. Cheika, like the ARU, I have tried to be supportive, really have.

I'm over it now.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Anyone have an idea what Nathan Grey is announcing at tomorrows media conference

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
Is there anyone here who thinks the Wallaby performance is, say, half just half, what we are seeing right now from the [oh edit, depression leading to Kiwi confusion, not Chiefs but] Canes playing the Lions?

What odds on the Wallabies beating, I dont know, the Blues? Ottago? Whykickamoocow high school? Second

I think MST got it perfect in the front page blog today. And it really is time for the one-eyed thinking to stop and questions to get firm.

Under this coaching team the Wallabies are a rabble. Players or coaching? Dont care, the players are what we've got. Cheika, like the ARU, I have tried to be supportive, really have.

I'm over it now.

lo the canes would beat fiji scotland and italy and the wallabies if you started supporting them at 50 minutes