• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The wheels are falling off

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cs_cowboy

Just wanted to put this out there and say, bahahahaha the wheels are falling off this 'mighty' All Blacks team

conceded the late tries to the Wallabies at Eden Park, and but for a forward pass who knows what might've been.
now a loss against the Saffas when the were favourites.

good luck Kiwis, you're not even gunna make the semis again...

whats that george ? "four more years boys, for more years"

Scotty

David Codey (61)
cowboys posting going downhill fast!

Yes, I'm sure they are concerned their 'b' team couldn't be the saffas at their home.

Lets wait to see after Brisbane before commenting on the world cup favourites further?

sjg

Frank Nicholson (4)
they are still the no1 team...and by far. the wallabies are no2 and are still ritualistically flogged (depressingly, but were on our way back...hopefully..crossing fingers...just fucking do it already boys...anyway). the loss to the saffas could hardly be counted as the all blacks loosing, it was clearly their 2nd string team playing a near full strength bok outfit in SA. all for piling it on them, little respect though?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just wanted to put this out there and say, bahahahaha the wheels are falling off this 'mighty' All Blacks team

conceded the late tries to the Wallabies at Eden Park, and but for a forward pass who knows what might've been.
now a loss against the Saffas when the were favourites.

good luck Kiwis, you're not even gunna make the semis again...

whats that george ? "four more years boys, for more years"

oh dear.

TOUCH WOOD TOUCH WOOD TOUCH WOOD

(and I can cause I am rooting for the Wallabies ;) )

ScepticalScotty

Stan Wickham (3)
Indeed Groucho, no worries yet but lose this weekend and they look remarkably human. And The Fear may start, that it will be another 4 years. Some of the fans posting on here were not even born when the ABs last won the Cup. They have been under absolutely no pressure as yet. Its all a lark in one form or another. The pressure starts with the first knock-out games. And that pressure will be 10x more than anything any of thier players have faced so far in thier career. Why? Becasue the younger ones will not have been under that sort of moment by moment pressure that 4 years of preparation is about to go down the gurgler, and the older ones like McCaw will realise this is last chance saloon for history.

My own reckoning will be that the ABs will win the Cup. No idea who they will face in the final, its too open at the moment. And if they win 3-0 with a last minute penalty from Carter they will be happy with it. And why not? Winning is winning. They will be up there with the big boys on 2 wins, and happy.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
A surprising stat: in a recent online national survey, only 37% of Kiwis were "looking forward to the RWC"!! 29% were "neutral"....... is this as a result of the earthquakes, the slow start to the tourist (skiing) season, or their Carbon Tax?! Any suggestions from our Kiwi members?

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Just you wait and watch the All Blacks smack the Wallabies at Suncorp this week in front of lot kiwis. It can easily happen if the Wallabies are 1% off their game.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Is this really the quality of posting we can look forward to over the RWC tournament?

Pick up your games, fellas.

Your didactic comments are not appreciated daz! ScepticalScotty and I were simply commenting on the fact that the sucess of a team representing a host-nation in a major sporting event depends, to a great extent, on "local" support. I also asked for comments from our NZ members, who may be able to explain the survey results, unless you, "the font of all wisdom", can enlighten me!.......get more sleep, and you may become a better person!

slydare

Frank Nicholson (4)
I wouldn't be getting too carried away yet. There was plenty of firepower out there for the ABs - they just fell into the trap that we often do. They wanted to go wide too early or they went for low % kicks. With a bit more direction and discipline it would have been a different story. Now if DC and/or Richie pick up injuries all bets are off!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Jnor, thanks for your thoughts. If daz identified those to whom his comments were directed, it would remove any likelyhood of confusion. Though we don't all agree with all the posts, those making them must retain the right to do so.... they will soon become aware that their views are unpopular or inappropriate in the eyes of the members! As an example, look at the latter pages of the JOC (James O'Connor) thread!

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I don't think the Brisbane game will indicate much. Aussies to win narrowly.

With Higginbotham coming in, Samo at 8 and Horwill as captain, I think the Aussie and ABs are very close to each other, with home advantage being very important.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
I thought this thread was about the Wallabies when I saw the title.

Wouldn't it have been great though if we could just keep our heads down leading up to Brisbane and the WC (having gone through prior to Eden Park thinking we can shit ice cream and pee cordial)?

Squad was announced, a bit of controversy re captain but that would settle, now we can move on and focus. But no. Now lo and behold, we've got our own Gavin Henson to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.