• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Thurston for Wallabies' Kicking Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You come from a country where people can goal kick.

We're still trying to work it out.

What exactly happened after Matthew Burke and Elton Flatley? You were going pretty solid up until then.

Oh, hang on. I know. There was no twitter and being a metrosexual was considered to be worse than being gay.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Really don't get what the fuss is about. Loads of kickers use this as a drill and many of them are quite good at it.

League bogans laying on the "look how good our bloke is." Big deal.

Exactly, it's not actually hard to kick from dead in line and curve it in, any kicker can put a natural curve in, just adjust the power each time.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Exactly, it's not actually hard to kick from dead in line and curve it in, any kicker can put a natural curve in, just adjust the power each time.

Ok show us the footage...what's impressive about this is he has to get the fade spot on for angle + distance cos he can't "see" the gap he's shooting for.
Dont they say a fade in golf gives you more control?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
What exactly happened after Matthew Burke and Elton Flatley? You were going pretty solid up until then.

Oh, hang on. I know. There was no twitter and being a metrosexual was considered to be worse than being gay.

Actually I think it was about then that coaches started trying to impose their styles on kickers instead of augmenting and refining a kickers natural comfortable style. That and a lack of practice in all conditions. To support this view look at the changes in our kickers set ups (all bar Cooper) and the concurrent decline in their percentages. Barnes and Giteau are especially startling in their decline from high 80% success rates to 60s.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)

Along with Twitter we worked focused on our defence. Which happened to get us into the semi finals of the World Cup. Will try harder on goal kicking for future. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.