• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tip TRC, Win TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
12th= place after round 3.

Two points of correct margin in both games last night. Bugger.

Very tight at the top of the comp.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
12th= place after round 3.

Two points of correct margin in both games last night. Bugger.

Very tight at the top of the comp.

Same, I was two off in both. Two points under the end result courtesy of two ridiculous touchline conversions. One in windy Wellington and one where Berrick somehow injured himself kicking at goal.

I wish they had a slightly more active (or accurate) "points off" system, rather than just being within 5 points for a bonus.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Same, I was two off in both. Two points under the end result courtesy of two ridiculous touchline conversions. One in windy Wellington and one where Berrick somehow injured himself kicking at goal.

I wish they had a slightly more active (or accurate) "points off" system, rather than just being within 5 points for a bonus.
I think if you get the margin exact there's an additional .5 bonus

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reminder to get all the tips in for the big games this weekend.

Many people could be forgiven for forgetting that there is still plenty of footy left in the Rugby Championship.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Sitting in 13th and just made my tips. Noticed unfortunately that I've made the exact same picks as someone above me and the others are very close too. :(

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Sitting in 13th and just made my tips. Noticed unfortunately that I've made the exact same picks as someone above me and the others are very close too. :(

Yeah don't you hate it when you think the results could go any which way (meaning lots of different tips) and then when you make your tips every other bastard has tipped the same.

Currently sitting in 6th. Only 0.5 off the lead but I think that will be much to much to make up in one weekend's tipping. I'll have a crack though! It is a damn fine lookin' TV!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tipped with the heart not the head last round and consequently rocketed down 17 places.

Have recommenced browsing JB Hi Fi and Harvey Norman letterbox drops for the next TV, cause my chances for winning this one are gooooooone.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
13 players ahead of me so I've made some big calls going for South Africa and Argentina. I've shrugged off all of the tippers above me except for runningrugby, same pick for Argentina and a four point difference for the SA match. At least if SA get up and by a few I'll have hedged my bets. Almost everyone above me has picked NZ.

Should I make some space for that TV?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well I picked against NZ, so if I had the choice of a shiny new tv or a win over the boks,,,

let me get back to you on that one.
First leg of the Daily double was not kind to you.

As you drop 18 places to 32nd staying on 11.75 with a doughnut so far, I rocket up the rankings 24 places to 31st on the back of Darkness by 15 pick.

Leaders are on 14 points, and impossible for the TV to be addressed to Chez Jarse.

Men in Gold by 8 points is needed for some bragging rights.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Is there a rule splitting people on equal points? JonoMG & -eke have both picked the Wallabies so it could happen.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And the Chicken counting rule is invoked.

eke called it Gold by 6 and wins my &*^%$ TV.

Any chance I had was blown with a poor round 5.

SuperBru is very punishing/rewarding with the points allocated to the Margin.

Apart from the draw which every one missed calling, I only got one result wrong - Saffer vs Gold.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Just spoke to -eke- to congratulate him on his win and he's stoked. Apparently he returned from hospital after his first child being born earlier this week to cheer on the Wallabies who nailed it by 6, exactly the margin he'd picked and the clincher for him to replace his old CRT with this 47" beauty from LG.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Congrats to -eke-, mrs -eke-, and -eke- junior.

Welcome to Club Parent. Stuff the TV, make sure you just love and enjoy little -eke-.

As well as the usual stuff, make sure that you teach them to pass to both sides with soft hands and to have confidence under the high ball.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just spoke to -eke- to congratulate him on his win and he's stoked. Apparently he returned from hospital after his first child being born earlier this week to cheer on the Wallabies who nailed it by 6, exactly the margin he'd picked and the clincher for him to replace his old CRT with this 47" beauty from LG.

If that is the case, then I bear him no ill will. Quite clearly deserved the new tele, and I am glad that he won it! I hope it brings him some joy during the long, sleepless nights!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

So he's channeled some sort of Berrick Barnes/Archie's Dad thing of seeing the birth of his first child then going on to produce a MOTM performance.

I bet Berrick didn't get a 47" LG TV for winning MOTM against Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.