• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trans-Tasman Super Rugby 2021

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pretty bloody excited for all games. Might just watch the highlights of the Hurricanes v Tahs but then again it should be entertaining, ‘Tahs can run it from anywhere. Unfortunately, I think Aus are likely to win 1/5.
Hurricanes to beat Waratahs
Blues to beat Rebels
Chiefs to beat Force
And one of Reds/Brumbies to beat Highlanders/Crusaders.
I think Reds & Crusaders will be rotating a lot of players after winning and will both be playing well below their standards so ripe for the picking.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Pretty bloody excited for all games. Might just watch the highlights of the Hurricanes v Tahs but then again it should be entertaining, ‘Tahs can run it from anywhere. Unfortunately, I think Aus are likely to win 1/5.
Hurricanes to beat Waratahs
Blues to beat Rebels
Chiefs to beat Force
And one of Reds/Brumbies to beat Highlanders/Crusaders.
I think Reds & Crusaders will be rotating a lot of players after winning and will both be playing well below their standards so ripe for the picking.

Interesting, Breakdown last night Izzy Dagg thought the Force would beat Chiefs, can understand a fair trip week after final. You would imagine it fairly tough for Reds to week after final, a shorter trip, but having to get back up will be quite hard.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I was having a look at the draw for the 5 rounds, I surprised they haven't gone for Sunday games. I actually think it could of been made a little better.
Round 1
Highlanders v Reds, Friday 14 May, Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin, 7:05pm
Waratahs v Hurricanes, Friday 14 May, TBC, 9:45pm
Crusaders v Brumbies, Saturday 15 May, Orangetheory Stadium, Christchurch, 7:05pm
Rebels v Blues, Saturday 15 May, AAMI Park, Melbourne, 9:45pm
Force v Chiefs, Saturday 15 May, HBF Park, Perth, 11:55pm

Round 2
Hurricanes v Rebels, Friday 21 May, Sky Stadium, Wellington, 7:05pm
Force v Highlanders, Friday 21 May, HBF Park, Perth, 9:45pm
Blues v Waratahs, Saturday 22 May, Eden Park, Auckland, 4:35pm
Chiefs v Brumbies, Saturday 22 May, FMG Stadium Waikato, Hamilton, 7:05pm
Reds v Crusaders, Saturday 22 May, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, 9:45pm

Round 3 - Super Round**
Brumbies v Blues
Hurricanes v Force
Rebels v Highlanders
Reds v Chiefs
Waratahs v Crusaders

Round 4
Crusaders v Force, Friday 4 June, Orangetheory Stadium, Christchurch, 7:05pm
Reds v Blues, Friday 4 June, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, 9:45pm
Chiefs v Rebels, Saturday 5 June, FMG Stadium Waikato, Hamilton, 4:35pm
Highlanders v Waratahs, Saturday 5 June, Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin, 7:05pm
Brumbies v Hurricanes, Saturday 5 June, GIO Stadium, Canberra, 9:45pm

Round 5
Hurricanes v Reds, Friday 11 June, Sky Stadium, Wellington, 7:05pm
Brumbies v Highlanders, Friday 11 June, GIO Stadium, Canberra, 9:45pm
Rebels v Crusaders, Saturday 12 June, AAMI Park, Melbourne, 4:35pm
Blues v Force, Saturday 12 June, Eden Park, Auckland, 7:05pm
Waratahs v Chiefs, Saturday 12 June, TBC, 9:45pm

Games highlighted in Red are all on during afternoon in Australia while you would have a lot of your hoped for audience at Club rugby in NSW and Melbourne. Waratahs ,Crusaders is afternoon too, but I may need to check it could be Saturday.
Also hope you all noting that Perth game against Force is on midnight.
yep it saturday. I just think it a missed opportunity for better viewing ?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I was having a look at the draw for the 5 rounds, I surprised they haven't gone for Sunday games. I actually think it could of been made a little better.
Games highlighted in Red are all on during afternoon in Australia while you would have a lot of your hoped for audience at Club rugby in NSW and Melbourne. Waratahs ,Crusaders is afternoon too, but I may need to check it could be Saturday.
Also hope you all noting that Perth game against Force is on midnight.
yep it saturday. I just think it a missed opportunity for better viewing ?

Agreed. I love a good Sunday game. That's a shame.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
There will be more capacity for Sunday games in next year's 12 team comp, particularly on the weeks with 6 teams playing

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
There will be more capacity for Sunday games in next year's 12 team comp, particularly on the weeks with 6 teams playing

I agree, I agree for this year they didn't avoid afternoon games in Aus on a Saturday is all.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Million dollar multi on all 5 AU teams to win this weekend. You’ve gotta believe

Have also done one excluding the horrortahs

Attachments

• 8A69EC67-7A6F-4257-98B8-861934C2B95D.png
    8A69EC67-7A6F-4257-98B8-861934C2B95D.png
    120 KB · Views: 141

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I put a tenner on this and its still paying 100k. Crazier shit has happened eh.

I think all 5 Australian teams are massively undervalued for what they should be this weekend.

Reds Highlanders - Reds bench looks very strong, highlanders without frizzel, no skudder - should be even money but Reds somehow at 4.05??? brain dead odds

Tahs Hurricanes - $13.50 - clearly the game least likely to be an upset but still 13.50 is pretty generous. I'd put it more like 8 bucks.

Brumbies Crusaders - $8 - will be difficult for the Brumbies but the Crusaders have been used to getting quick ball all season and just pinging it around. How will they go against a Brumbies side that also hasn't been on the piss all weekend and is pretty upset about losing?

Rebels Blues - As Dan54 says the Blues occasionally play as if they've been lobotomised, Rebels have hit patchy form sometimes.

Force Chiefs- Chiefs are flying 7000km, without their two best locks, against a side that loves frustrating them, a week after they've played a huge game.

All these games have been priced as not the slightest chance of happening when they're actually going to be close. Super Rugby 2019/2020 had the Aus sides still behind their Kiwi counterparts, but by nowhere near the margin of 2016/17. I'd still say we're odds on to lose these games, but gee i think some of them will be closer than the bookies / kiwis think

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I with spikhaza, I in no way understand how they worked the odds. There is not that much differnce between NZ and Aus rugby. As I said on Breakdown the likes of Izzy Dagg was pretty confident in picking the Force to beat Chiefs , and most were really looking forward to the start to actuall see where both countries were at. Noone there seemed to think there would be any onesided games etc. I not all that convinced that Clan will do Reds, but being a week after the final will help. The Crusaders I think will beat Brumbies as both teams come off final. Blues/Rebels and Canes/Tahs I think without being sure will go maybe the way of Kiwi teams, and can't decide about Force and Chiefs. I also said a couple of years back I reckoned Reds would be a good enough team to win a Super title in a couple of years, and think they are at that point now, or close as, and will get better over next year or so.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I really think having home games will maybe a fairly good advantage as will know the refs interpretations too, but not a dig at refs, they human and have had a different things to concentrate on.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I with spikhaza, I in no way understand how they worked the odds. There is not that much differnce between NZ and Aus rugby. As I said on Breakdown the likes of Izzy Dagg was pretty confident in picking the Force to beat Chiefs , and most were really looking forward to the start to actuall see where both countries were at. Noone there seemed to think there would be any onesided games etc. I not all that convinced that Clan will do Reds, but being a week after the final will help. The Crusaders I think will beat Brumbies as both teams come off final. Blues/Rebels and Canes/Tahs I think without being sure will go maybe the way of Kiwi teams, and can't decide about Force and Chiefs. I also said a couple of years back I reckoned Reds would be a good enough team to win a Super title in a couple of years, and think they are at that point now, or close as, and will get better over next year or so.

Odds are worked out by where the money is going.