• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC2021 - All Blacks v Springboks @ Townsville 25/09

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
IMO the Boks will simply be run off their feet. Can't see that backline giving the ABs any concern at all. Didn't fire a shot against the Wallabies. ABs by at least 25.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Nail biting or not, 2013 Ellis Park, I still think the best test I have seen in professional era. Had absolutely everything!
Even a stuff up on the team sheet! That was the test where Mealamu was named on the team sheet but Coles started!
One of the great team performances. Kieran Read in beast mode and running like a centre.
Barrett’s chase down and try saver, Messam prominent, 2 AB YC’s, Gear playing like an extra forward.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting that SA are starting Smith & going with a 5/3 bench, suggests they're going to take AB on a bit wider than "straight up the guts". But bringing Steyn in? Really? Dude's well past it (& will now probably nail the match-winner from 55m into the wind).

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Interesting that SA are starting Smith & going with a 5/3 bench, suggests they're going to take AB on a bit wider than "straight up the guts". But bringing Steyn in? Really? Dude's well past it (& will now probably nail the match-winner from 55m into the wind).
1632267797933.png

Look at that mane, though. Majestic.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
At least one SA writer has got the Boks to win, and he has his reasons as outlined, among them is that regardless of all else the Boks have best winning percentage of any team against ABs, 40%. Also interesting his take on Wallaby tests etc.

Up to a point I see what he says, Boks will be up for this big time.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ winning % in the pro Era would be somewhat less, I think (I'll look it up after work & post result if zer0 or someone else doesn't beat me to it).

I'm really thinking AB could be walking into a shit storm here, buildup has a Wellington 2018 feel about it, hopefully the players & coaching staff aren't buying into the "boks are toast" narrative.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
^ winning % in the pro Era would be somewhat less, I think (I'll look it up after work & post result if zer0 or someone else doesn't beat me to it).

I'm really thinking AB could be walking into a shit storm here, buildup has a Wellington 2018 feel about it, hopefully the players & coaching staff aren't buying into the "boks are toast" narrative.
Twice in 7 yrs IIRC - 2014 and 2018.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pretty bloody good side. I’m excited for this. Initially I wanted NZ to spank SA to justify us always losing badly, but that’s faded and I gotta back the underdog. Doubt it’ll happen but it would be a great spectacle. Just hoping for some good rugby

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Like the look of the team, I guessing Papali'i and ALB still not real fit. Bridge obviously in because he tends to be bloody good under high ball, and has played pretty well the last games anyway. Tupaea on bench confirms ALB's status I would think. So I all ecited even if a little nervous.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ At 36% all-time, comfortably so. Australia are 45/173 (26%) with eight draws, England 8/42 (19%) with one draw, France 12/61 (18%) also with one draw. ESPNscrum have unconscionably killed off StatsGuru & I can't be arsed doing the pre- & pro-era numbers for you lot, Ringinland & Les Frogs right now.

Edit: Lions are 7/41 (17%) with four draws all-time.

Last edited: