• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC2021 - Wallabies v Boks @ Suncorp 18/09

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I feel like Reece Hodge coming off the bench and being poor last week held the wolves at bay.

If Hodge had been as good as he was the week before then maybe we'd see a change this week.
Quite possibly, hence why we've all been scrambling for another alternatives during the week.

Anyway, he's there again this week, bring it on.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The two I don't get are FF (Folau Fainga'a) and Banks, I guess it's just a lack of viable alternatives, although Rennie was singing Bank's praises during the week, I just don't see it, that's all.
Slipper must have just been given a rest last week, he had previously done nothing to get dropped, and nor had Bell this week. Tom Robbo's an interesting one, however he first came into Super rugby as a tight head, and moved to loose head because the Tahs had Kepu, so it's certainly not new to him. Tate may be a little hard done by, however I'm quite happy to see White starting.
Tate's darting runs may be better suited being targeted at tiring giants rather than fresh, angry giants

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I like Robertson and am not opposed to seeing him at tighthead, but I think the plan will probably be for Tupou to play deep into the second half, as long as the boks bench doesn't get too much of an edge over him. It'll be interesting to see how his 80 minute games in super translate to test match rugby.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I like Robertson and am not opposed to seeing him at tighthead, but I think the plan will probably be for Tupou to play deep into the second half, as long as the boks bench doesn't get too much of an edge over him. It'll be interesting to see how his 80 minute games in super translate to test match rugby.
I would still prefer Tupou being a unplayable beast for 50 minutes, than managing his effort too much for 65 or 70

THPs get worked over, he is a wonderful explosive player, I what to see that explosiveness

I keep thinking of coaches trying to get extended minutes from TPN or Kepu, they both needed to manage their efforts too much

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
BAC57824-D63A-4AA8-BC5A-4D02492EB274.jpeg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Was Rassie ever censured or punished by WR (World Rugby)? If not, its a smart ploy to put pressure on the ref and they'll keep doing it as long as they get away with it.

WR (World Rugby) should throw it in the bin and let them discuss it with the referee per the usual process. I believe one exists.

Last edited:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Is it arrogance or stupidity?
It's something.
Coaches all get in the ear of the refs one way or another. Some do it on the quiet, but don't be fooled into thinking it is any less questionable. It just doesn't attract the press. Some do it like this. Some did it like Cheika.
It shouldn't surprise or shock anyone.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
“Then obviously that will influence selection. You will look at a player and say you conceded three, but they came back and said two of those weren’t penalties, and that ‘play on’ would have been a better call. That’s what we want from coaches and our team’s point of view.”
The weird justification they have for whinging getting 'alignment' with WR (World Rugby) is truly outstanding. They seem to only focus on the penalties they got against them and ignore the ones they got away with.

Amazing.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The weird justification they have for whinging getting 'alignment' with WR (World Rugby) is truly outstanding. They seem to only focus on the penalties they got against them and ignore the ones they got away with.

Amazing.
Its just a ploy, it isn't amazing.

It also plays into the 'us against the world' shit they have going

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I just think that's a pisstake. Someone seeing how many he can suck in with a tweet? May have hooked a few if it is?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I guess he’s probably been packing at THP at training but wasn’t Robertson almost exclusively a loose head at the force ? Holmes and Medrano and sometimes Longbottom the THPs?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I guess he’s probably been packing at THP at training but wasn’t Robertson almost exclusively a loose head at the force ? Holmes and Medrano and sometimes Longbottom the THPs?

Correct. It's been a fair while since he's consistently played THP at any level.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Robbo came to the Tahs as a THP, he was moved to loose head because they had Kepu at tight head. To my knowledge he's played loose head pretty much ever since.