• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC2021 - Wallabies v Pumas @ Townsville 25/09

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Except for a scintillating Wallabies victory, the main thing I want to see out of the match this weekend is for all of the Wallabies, from 1 to 15, taking every opportunity to get up Nicholas Sanchez. I want to see that little hot head swing punches!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Except for a scintillating Wallabies victory, the main thing I want to see out of the match this weekend is for all of the Wallabies, from 1 to 15, taking every opportunity to get up Nicholas Sanchez. I want to see that little hot head swing punches!

I thought Sanchez was out for an extended period?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Leota is probably the most like for like replacement for Swinton - right?
Agree, and I think it is telling. As I have mentioned earlier, I think the template for the back row for Rennie is becoming apparent, insofar as what he wants them each to be able to do. And that includes the bench. He clearly wants 3 solid lineout options, with the option of an OK fourth if needs be. That's my theory. I think McMahon is competing with Samu mainly, although he might punt on him for 8. Maybe.
Of course, I could be completely wrong, for which there is plenty of evidence on these boards!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I hope Feleti Kaitu’u gets more game time. For the last few years the hooker position has been picking the best of ordinary options for the Wallabies. Kaitu'u may be able to step up to a level Fainga'a, Uelese and BPA haven't.
I think this kid has a big future. There seems to be a maturity in his play where he does the little things right, plus the dynamic play around the field.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
They showed the states before the game that Valetini had the most or 2nd most post contact metres in the RC.. The guy grows an extra leg at 8 no idea why it makes such a difference..

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am sure we will see McMahon next week. Rennie did a similar thing with Cooper and held him back that extra week.
A lot of the fringe players will get to run out against Japan you would expect.
Was thinking the same - making wallaby jersey not too easy for them and making them a bit hungrier for it When they get it. Also does not send right messages pushing them to front of the queue

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
They showed the states before the game that Valetini had the most or 2nd most post contact metres in the RC.. The guy grows an extra leg at 8 no idea why it makes such a difference..
Agree with That. I thought he was ordinary against France, better but not great in the first two Kiwi games, but really stool up against the Boks.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think this kid has a big future. There seems to be a maturity in his play where he does the little things right, plus the dynamic play around the field.
Will be 27 at the end of the year. Hardly a kid, and really now at the age he ought to be producing his best.

According to Wiki, Fainga'a 6 months younger, BPA a year younger, Uelese 2 years younger and Lonergan 4 years younger. Just putting it in some perspective.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
I hope Feleti Kaitu’u gets more game time. For the last few years the hooker position has been picking the best of ordinary options for the Wallabies. Kaitu'u may be able to step up to a level Fainga'a, Uelese and BPA haven't.
Playing for the Force I thought his only real negative was his sometimes wayward lineout throws but he seems to have done alright so far. Just being involved in the Wallabies camp will help him hone his skills.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Well that article was pretty way off

Yeh, it was just one of the Fox Sports ones. To be fair it was only the Muirhead comment they were way off about, maybe I misinterpreted it. I think most predicted team lists had McMahon featuring somewhere and not Leota, that surprised everyone.

Excited to see what the team can do. Hopefully Townsville come out in support, they’ve had some great footy games played up there as a result of COVID and seem to be embracing it all.