• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tri Nations Game 6 - Wallabies vs All Blacks - Saturday 27 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searsy

Herbert Moran (7)
Just posted in smh: http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/barnes-keen-for-trinations-callup-20110825-1jc2q.html

So it looks like the bench spot will remain TBA until Saturday and they will pick someone who has played for the Baa Baas.

I had assumed that they'd withdraw someone from the Baa Baas game to sit on the bench for the Wallabies but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Im guessing this is because whoever is likely to come in (Horne or Barnes) would benefit more from 90 minutes of rugby rather than 10.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
SBW been dropped from the squad this weekend....Only news out of the AB side of things, that will make the Brother in law very happy and few other close kiwi mates....
NIce to see the rain hold off for the game as well, but really looking forward to the game and the Reds in the team will get a great welcome back to.

biggsy,sadly the latest forecast is "showers increasing to rain"!...... But as we know, the folks at the BOM don't always get it right.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
jeeesh i wonder if sonny bill getting shafted might lead him to look elsewhere asap>>
i cant see him being the type to take this as motivation>>> more as he'll take off t france>>> i know hes contracted to nz next year... but this fact doesnt seem to hold sonny like it holds most players

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Being a renaissance man, Rocky could cook it, and serve it up with a cheeky Burgundy and a nice cheese souffle before he ran on.
Rocky can now turn it up a notch or two having had the weight of the captaincy lifted from his shoulders. Despite still being the captain in Durban he made sure he let Botha know he was there.
Expecting big things from Rocky in the next month or so.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
jeeesh i wonder if sonny bill getting shafted might lead him to look elsewhere asap>>
i cant see him being the type to take this as motivation>>> more as he'll take off t france>>> i know hes contracted to nz next year... but this fact doesnt seem to hold sonny like it holds most players

SBW rejected the highest contract ever offered to a Rugby player, $6million, to instead pursue this World Cup with the All Blacks. If that doesn't give you an indication of his motivation I don't know what will.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Rocky used to have it, I'd say Vickerman and Horwill are the hardmen of the side now. Moore is a tough bastard but doesn't have that mongrel about him that our locks do.

I think Horwill softened after he got the Reds captaincy, he could be a nutcase at times before that and had to ensure he would stay on the field

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think Horwill softened after he got the Reds captaincy, he could be a nutcase at times before that and had to ensure he would stay on the field

If there is one thing Mooney should be remembered for it has to be giving Kev the captaincy. Stroke of genius.

R

Rev Spooner

Just read that there's a ? over Genia. Apparently he copped another head knock at training from Rob Simmons and they think there might be some concussion. Let's hope he's ok.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
According to The Rugby Club Genia was seeing a doctor tonight and again tomorrow to monitor the potential concussion. Genia thinks he'll be right to play but he definitely isn't a certainty.

It would really throw the game into limbo if he can't play. Burgess is short on football and Phipps would have to come onto the bench. Neither of them have anything like the combination with Cooper that Genia has.

He's a tough little bastard so let's hope Genia is alright and can play on Saturday night.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I hope Will is good to go. I can hardly remember back to the times we won the Tri-Nations comp they were so long ago now. Some of our current squad would have been primary school kids....

Stirling kicking a goal from the sideline in Durban in 2000 and Kefu crashing over in 2001. So fucking long ago now. It's high time we won it back!

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Benn Robinson raised a good point on the rugby club tonight. Our young side got killed in the first 20 minutes at Eden Park. What we need is guys like Samo/Vickerman who are experienced, have cool heads (wont get very overhyped or nervous), and they are tough as nails. Their presence in the forward pack will add a lot to the team in that sense. Maybe for once we can bash the ABs around the park early on.

If they work their arse off for 50 minutes and keep us in the game. Hopefully things will open up when we start bringing the youth (Simmons, Higgenbotham) on the field.

Or it could just be wishful thinking. Can't wait to see how it goes anyway.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I wonder who is going to call the line-outs? Probably not a big deal but I thought thought Sharpe was the caller with the Sharpe/Vickerman lock pairing and Simmons was the caller for the Horwill/Simmons pairing. Hopefully it does not affect our line-out ability.

R

RuckinGoodStats

According to The Rugby Club Genia was seeing a doctor tonight and again tomorrow to monitor the potential concussion. Genia thinks he'll be right to play but he definitely isn't a certainty..
Players are the worse to listen to on whether they are concussed. You are either concussed or you are not. There is no potential or delayed concussion. It like being pregnant, you are either one or the other, there is no middle ground. The tests which he can't fake the result will tell if he is o.k. which is the outcome (short term or long term) anyone wants.

S

Sebby

I wonder who is going to call the line-outs? Probably not a big deal but I thought thought Sharpe was the caller with the Sharpe/Vickerman lock pairing and Simmons was the caller for the Horwill/Simmons pairing. Hopefully it does not affect our line-out ability.

Vickerman obviously, before vickerman left to study, he was regarded as the best lineout caller in the world with matfield.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I'll hopefully be watching this game from a pub in Malmo, Sweden at 12.30pm local time. And I will try and imagine the glow and roar of Suncorp Stadium.

I actually brought my signed poster of the 2011 QLD Reds with me overseas and it now is stuck to my corridor door. Looks fucking awesome.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
According to The Rugby Club Genia was seeing a doctor tonight and again tomorrow to monitor the potential concussion. Genia thinks he'll be right to play but he definitely isn't a certainty.

It would really throw the game into limbo if he can't play. Burgess is short on football and Phipps would have to come onto the bench. Neither of them have anything like the combination with Cooper that Genia has.

He's a tough little bastard so let's hope Genia is alright and can play on Saturday night.

Jesus that's no good. Tough little bastard or not, if he's got a concussion, he shouldnt' be on the field. Bigger things at stake than the 3N.

Fingers crossed (for you lot) that the doctors clear him.

Status
Not open for further replies.