• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tri Nations squad named - NAMED ON PAGE 3 - GENIA IN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
A Queenslander agreeing with?

Do you think that reflects well on him, or just poorly on you? ;)

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm gonna rip my hair out if QC (Quade Cooper) even so much as brings oranges to the bench during the 3N.

I don't believe Deans thinks he can train him to tackle Bakkies, Spies and Burger.. Maybe we'll get lucky that way and he'll get taught a lesson he'll never forget, much like Tahu got his schooling in Joburg.

I was hoping for more rotation..

Kimlin for Mowen... wouldn't have hurt. Tahu is probably lucky Rob Horne wasn't 100% too.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Its all pretty exciting though isn't it? This is our RWC squad in the making?

Plenty of time for new faces too - possibly the likes of Ione (obviously), Morahan, Mowen, Lucas, Caldwell, Horne, Beale, Lealif, To'omua, Timani, Fairbrother, Cummins. Hell, possibly even Blake and Heenan.

Nice.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Noddy said:
Its all pretty exciting though isn't it? This is our RWC squad in the making?

Plenty of time for new faces too - possibly the likes of Ione (obviously), Morahan, Mowen, Lucas, Caldwell, Horne, Beale, Lealif, To'omua, Timani, Fairbrother, Cummins. Hell, possibly even Blake and Heenan.

Nice.

Yeah, add Vickerman and Iaone and a decent THP (maybe Palmer or Dunning or Fairbrother) and you end up with a strong side.

O

OZGOD

Looks a decent side IMO. I'm afraid (being marooned here in the Land of the Seppos) I haven't really seen Genia play. Is he any good?

S

Spook

Number 2 THP Sheperdson who was in form should be in and another genuine 6. Delighted that Genia is in.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
OZGOD said:
Looks a decent side IMO. I'm afraid (being marooned here in the Land of the Seppos) I haven't really seen Genia play. Is he any good?

Yeah, he made us all sit up and take notice this year, though he looked bloody good last year too, I thought. He's fast, is a tough little rooster and has a nice pass on him; loves to snipe too. Doesn't take too many backward steps and got suspended in the S14 this year (for 4 weeks IIRR) for spear tackling a large opponent. Looked stronger this year.

He is going to be a valid competitor for Burgess' spot sooner than we think because he was superior in the S14 this year IMO and his pass is better.

At the start of the Super 14 this year a lot of people were looking at how well young Lucas would do for the Reds at 9 but Genia left him behind, just as he has 3 Oz Schoolboy scrummies from 4 years ago. I reckoned he was a chance for an EOYT spot but with the suspension and the hand injury he got at the end of the S14 I thought that he hadn't played enough to impress Deans. I didn't consider him for 3N because he was supposed to be out for 5 months after the operation to his hand; so he went off my radar, but fortunately that report was too pessimistic.

Geez, I'll be excited to watch him play but he will be rusty.

He came over for high school from PNG; so I wonder if the press over there will give him much of a mention.

R

rugbywhisperer

Lee Grant said:
OZGOD said:
He came over for high school from PNG; so I wonder if the press over there will give him much of a mention.

I think his family are now in Bris, younger brother in the reserves for Qld schools, behind - you guessed it - another Lucas.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Lee Grant said:
OZGOD said:
Should be front or at least back page news up there, an outstanding effort!

Have to give TOCC points, he was the first to suggest how well Genia might go this year.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
ts all pretty exciting though isn't it? This is our RWC squad in the making?

Nice.

With all the extra ca$h Lote has freed up I'm even hopeful MMM may hang around.

Go Will Genia, He's a brilliant little player great defender & I'm so pumped to see him in the squad along with Pocock I'm gonna to myself some damage.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
disco said:
ts all pretty exciting though isn't it? This is our RWC squad in the making?

Nice.

With all the extra ca$h Lote has freed up I'm even hopeful MMM may hang around.

Go Will Genia, He's a brilliant little player great defender & I'm so pumped to see him in the squad along with Pocock I'm gonna to myself some damage.
What, for Qld? With his breakability and recent attitude, he seems a worse investment to me than Lote from an Aus point of view!

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
What, for Qld? With his breakability and recent attitude, he seems a worse investment to me than Lote from an Aus point of view!

Yeah your probably right but I like to think of the good times, you know every 2nd season when he plays half a season.

F

formeropenside

cyclopath said:

Attitude? He wants to turn out for Qld in 2010, and the ARU wont let him. He's still doing stuff for the Reds - I think someone here said they saw him serving burgers at a function and looking happy.

I don't see the attitude myself.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
cyclopath said:

Attitude? He wants to turn out for Qld in 2010, and the ARU wont let him. He's still doing stuff for the Reds - I think someone here said they saw him serving burgers at a function and looking happy.

Calm down fos, I probably expressed myself poorly. I was referring to his bailing out to go OS rather than persist in Aus at whatever ripe old age he finds himself now. I thought it was a bit soft.
As for playing for Qld it sounded more like having the cake and eating it too - get an extra earner in between Japanese shifts rather than for the greater good. I'm sure his intentions were purely noble, proud Qlder that he is! ;)

T

TOCC

cyclopath said:
formeropenside said:
cyclopath said:

Calm down fos, I probably expressed myself poorly. I was referring to his bailing out to go OS rather than persist in Aus at whatever ripe old age he finds himself now. I thought it was a bit soft.
As for playing for Qld it sounded more like having the cake and eating it too - get an extra earner in between Japanese shifts rather than for the greater good. I'm sure his intentions were purely noble, proud Qlder that he is! ;)
he said he would play for free......

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
TOCC said:
cyclopath said:
formeropenside said:
cyclopath said:

he said he would play for free......
So he agreed to get paid only when he was on the field...

T

TOCC

well not quite free, but a base contract none the less

QRU chairman Peter Lewis intends to appeal directly to ARU chief John O'Neill for McMeniman to be granted a dispensation. Certainly it could not harm his case that McMeniman, who is believed to have commanded a top-rung contract of $150,000 this year, is prepared to drop back to a virtual rookie contract next year. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25558152-5015656,00.html

He has been quite active behind the scenes still representing the Reds, I could never blame someone from chasing almost double there salary, if i knew my career was only 12years long max then i would be chasing the highest return for those 12years.

S

Spook

I fear rugby politics is the only why Phil Waugh keeps getting selected. Deans clearly doesn't rate him. How many minutes has he given Waugh? Bugger all.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
waugh is there on his super form which he deserved. i also think he is there with a view that if smith or pocock get injured we need a speacilist 7 on the bench.

the way we play these days i think he also likes to finish with two 7's out there, he is very keen on turnover ball. i would actually think, waugh and smith work better in tandom than smith and pocock at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.