• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial: Reds vs Chiefs - Sunshine Coast QLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It's a handy team the Chiefs are putting out. Should be a good game. Hopefully they get good numbers. If it's a success the Sunny Coast Rugby Union should get a bit of money into the bank. Someone told me they need 3,500 to break even.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Any idea what the popular options are with regard to parking Scott Allen ? I checked the Stockland Park website earlier and the match info isn't coming up any more.

Whenever I've played there you could always park there. Never had to 'public transport' it to the place!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Any idea what the popular options are with regard to parking Scott Allen ? I checked the Stockland Park website earlier and the match info isn't coming up any more.

Whenever I've played there you could always park there. Never had to 'public transport' it to the place!
I noticed that too, it was on that website that I read there would be no parking at the event - and now the page is gone :(

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Just found some info gel from the SCRU page. Link here

Special Event Buses to Stockland Stadium for St.George QLD Reds v Chiefs game will operate and pick up passengers at all stops along the 600 bus route.
The Special Event Buses displaying Stockland Stadium will drop off at Sportsmans Parade – directly in front of the Stadium.
Special buses will depart Mooloolaba at the Wharf on River Parade at the following times:
17.37, 17.57, 18.07 & 18.25
Currimundi at the Currimundi Market Place at the following times: 17.45 & 18.15
The regular 600 route services operating from Maroochydore & Caloundra will pick up at regular stops and set down passengers at – Nicklin Way stops
Timetable enquiry number – Phone 13 12 30.
Please note: Special event buses are chartered services not Translink services
The regular 600 route services operating from Maroochydore & Caloundra will pick up at regular stops and set down passengers at – Nicklin Way side of Stockland Stadium. Please check your local Sunbus timetable at www.translink.com.au or call 13 12 30 for information.
All 600 routes service will drop o on the Nicklin Way side of Stockland Stadium
If you wish to catch a bus directly to the Stadium, Sportsmans Parade – please ensure you only take a bus displaying Stockland Stadium on the destination. Buses labelled ‘Stockland Stadium’ from Mooloolaba at the Wharf and Currimundi Marketplace will be FREE buses to and from the event.
Bus Services from Stockland Park
Bus Services will depart from Sportsmans Parade 15 min after the game, travelling along the 600 route to Maroochydore & Caloundra

I'd say I'll probably head up to Currimundi Marketplace (Cnr Bellara Dr and Nicklin Way) and park there. If I miss one of the two buses leaving from there then it's about a 100m walk up Nicklin Way to the next stop on the 600 Route. The ground is only a few km from there so that minimises the time spent on a bus also! :D

Reactions: gel

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
If you see me there say G'Day! I'll be the tall bloke in a 2013 Reds jersey with a big No '8' on the back and SCOEY written across the back thanks to the missus at xmas. She know's I played lock and I always wore 5, but she also knows I always wanted to wear the number 8 and now I can. ;)

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
If you see me there say G'Day! I'll be the tall bloke in a 2013 Reds jersey with a big No '8' on the back and SCOEY written across the back thanks to the missus at xmas. She know's I played lock and I always wore 5, but she also knows I always wanted to wear the number 8 and now I can. ;)

Talk about the perfect wife.
Although I played, coached, & reffed, and had 3 sons who played, my wife had never been a rugby fan (actually that goes for any sport)

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)

I'd say I'll probably head up to Currimundi Marketplace (Cnr Bellara Dr and Nicklin Way) and park there. If I miss one of the two buses leaving from there then it's about a 100m walk up Nicklin Way to the next stop on the 600 Route. The ground is only a few km from there so that minimises the time spent on a bus also! :D
Fantastic, thanks for the information :)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Talk about the perfect wife.
Although I played, coached, & reffed, and had 3 sons who played, my wife had never been a rugby fan (actually that goes for any sport)

Yeah she's a champion! My wife maintains that she isn't a Rugby fan (loved the cricket before we met but) but loves how much I love it. So as a result, she loves coming to games and supporting me supporting my team/s. Having said that though, she has been known to get upset when she spots the opposition coming in from the side, albeit it on rare occasions. Not many non-Rugby fans would even know what that means! Either that or I yell it out to much?

Personally, I reckon she's coming on board, but if she ever came out and said that she liked Rugby then she'd have to stop rolling her eyes when I set the alarm to the middle of the morning to get up and watch a game!

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)

Thanks Scoey - that saves me searching for the answer - might see you on the bus

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Getting away from car parking and wife topics for a bit, I'll be very interested to hear how
Nigel Ah Wong performs on the wing.
Apparently he is the fastest player in the Reds, especially from a standing start.
I'm sure Links will be watching him very closely to see what the after burners are like against opposition.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Getting away from car parking and wife topics for a bit, I'll be very interested to hear how Nigel Ah Wong performs on the wing.
Apparently he is the fastest player in the Reds, especially from a standing start.
I'm sure Links will be watching him very closely to see what the after burners are like against opposition.
Looking at the only highlights clip I could see of him, he does seem to have some pretty incredible acceleration!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well, maybe no parking at the event strictly speaking, but quite a bit around the venue. Great evening ahead, nice cool breeze. The field looks incredible.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Reds at Stockland Stadium, pics via twitter from Reds_Rugby:

itvJdwFh97T7S.jpg

ifrptPvhHKW0N.jpg

iTsD3Ebv349Mr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.