• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial: Reds vs Chiefs - Sunshine Coast QLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Should have gone up the coast, but love my boxing as well and was given tickets....

Cooper was a slow start but got a good hit in which all you need. These bloke need to fight real boxer, not a kick boxer and a 40 year saffa to have some credit.....

Look like the reds were lost a bit after the big changes in the second half

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Form what i saw on the news Cooper was dropping his shoulders and guard and a good opponent will take advantage of that, ok punch though. SBW copped some good hits for the first time and had to work for his win. Hopefully he realises where he stands now and puts this behind him. Not likely while Nasser is in the picture.

No clips of the game unfortunately.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Form what i saw on the news Cooper was dropping his shoulders and guard and a good opponent will take advantage of that, ok punch though. SBW copped some good hits for the first time and had to work for his win. Hopefully he realises where he stands now and puts this behind him. Not likely while Nasser is in the picture.

No clips of the game unfortunately.

They really couldn't turn Cooper into a Technical boxer in just a few months, if he comes up against some like Trent Broadhurst he would be in trouble. But these guys will never fight a young,strong and fit technical Boxer.

Anyways not long now until Super Rugby, all the best for the Mighty Red and for the Brumbies come in 2nd again but get themselves into the Finals.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Speaking about boxing and to bring this thread back on topic a bit, who was involved in the big stink just before full time?
It looked like Browning and maybe he got some help from O'Donohue?
Whoever it was, man they threw a lot of good punches and seemed to land plenty also. Not sure what it was about but.
If they review it he could be in some trouble but they seemed to be taking a fairly relaxed approach to the rules all night for both sides.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well went to game last night and stayed up there , so just got home and got on puter. My thoughts without reading to many others. For Reds, have to be bloody happy with set piece, scrum (specially on Slippers side) looked bloody good, though to be fair I not sure how I rate Toby Smith from Chiefs. Lineouts went good to, Simmons ,I think was main one winning Chiefs throws. All in all Reds were not bad, but looked a tad shy early at trying to tackle the big right winger of Chiefs. For Chiefs, they didn't get a hell of a lot of ball first half hour, and looked a bit fragmented in backline. specially through 12-13, although when Aki came on at 12 for Ngati and Horrell moved to 13 they looked a lot sharper, but could of been that forwards were going better. Definitely pleased I went to match,and one of best preseason games I have been to.

Status
Not open for further replies.