• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tribe v Brumbies at FMG 7/05/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I know but I right! And I no it's bad when I proved you wrong, so I need to remind you!;):D
1. Incoherent, contradictory rambling proves no one wrong. Particularly me, as I deliberately avoid engaging with you for that reason.
2. Except of course I’m engaging with you here. Which is a mistake I won’t make again.
3. Who gives a shit if you think you’re right about some silly point anyway? This thread is about the Brumbies and their excellent victory, not some ego boosting moment for you.
4. Good tip Derpus. It’s time - my own filter isn’t cutting it anymore clearly.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Such a nice contrast seeing the graft, tactics, and level headnessness of the Brumbies vs the Reds of the last few week. Brumbies were great tonight. Reds right now would’ve totally bottled that.

I love seeing Valetini bash people.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
A lot of good performances for the Brumbs, but 2 fellas were particularly good: Nic White and Rob Valentini.

And the contrast between White & Valentini with Ratima and Jacobsen really highlighted the difference between the 2 teams.
Both White and Valentini were so much more committed defensively. There is an intensity and appreciation for the physical side of the game.
Most importantly, they both made the game so much less complicated.
For White - this was effective kicking. None of this flailing about, put ourselves under pressure rubbish. 1 good kick, and the complexion of the game changes from defence to attack, from under pressure to applying pressure. NZ scrummies don't kick enough. Even Dupont, who is by far, by far, the best ball running scrummie, kicks and kicks well.
For Valentini - this is alignment, urgency, impact with ball carrying. Valentini isn't worried about freeing his hands to offload in the tackle or keeping the ball alive first and foremost. His priority is to make the advantage line, hopefully sucking in more than 1 defender. He regularly did, trampling over some half-hearted defence.

2 simple things. Kick when under pressure to alleviate pressure. Do the most important thing first - align quickly on attack to get options, run onto the ball, carry hard. That's all there is really.

Yet everything the Chiefs did looked so complicated - yes occasionally there was a good offload and occasionally you see one of the guys - Lowe, Nankeviell etc put on the dazzle and beat 3 or 4 defenders. So what? The next phase the scrum half fucks up the pass, the Brumbs turn the ball over, the Chiefs gives away a penalty - a promising attack ends in their own Red Zone, defending a big Brumbies pack when they are not physically or mentally in shape to compete with the Valentinis and Samus. For all their natural acumen, players like Lord and Finau are not ready for the highest tier of rugby. They are built like volleyball players.
It was a little sad watching, at the end of the game, Chiefs players not involved in the game smiling and pointing at the camera as their faces came up on the big screen. Fellas - you lost. convincingly. at home. Get a grip.
Jeff, out of interest, what NZ team do you support?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Why the fuck would the Brumbies want to merge with that basket case.. also why would you fuck with your most successful team..

It won't happen, Rebels, like the Tah's need to find a decent coach..

They wouldn't. If it were to happen (not that I think it would or should for the record) I'd imagine it would be more an absorption of the territory. Essentially no more Rebels. I was just mucking about in response to DCTarget's comment.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Great performance by brumbies and bringing some much needed respectability back for oz in super rugby circles.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
1. Incoherent, contradictory rambling proves no one wrong. Particularly me, as I deliberately avoid engaging with you for that reason.
2. Except of course I’m engaging with you here. Which is a mistake I won’t make again.
3. Who gives a shit if you think you’re right about some silly point anyway? This thread is about the Brumbies and their excellent victory, not some ego boosting moment for you.
Yes I need to stop taking Dan bait as you end up going down into rabbit holes on minute points

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Why the fuck would the Brumbies want to merge with that basket case.. also why would you fuck with your most successful team..

It won't happen, Rebels, like the Tah's need to find a decent coach..
I am guessing there was a fair bit of taking the mickey in DC's post Tomikin.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
A lot of good performances for the Brumbs, but 2 fellas were particularly good: Nic White and Rob Valentini.

And the contrast between White & Valentini with Ratima and Jacobsen really highlighted the difference between the 2 teams.
I would argue that Valentini is presently the best 6 in the whole comp too Jeff, and White not far off and is certainly up there with any other 9s.
Can I add Noah is coming on real well at 10, beginning to look very assured. I think Brumbies are a well balanced team in general with bloody good depth semingly in critacl positions.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
3 years and counting now on my Ignore List of 1. Comprehensively comprehensive incomprehensible comprehension fails no longer on my radar.

Back on topic goddamnit the Bumbreeze are a well-oiled pro outfit basically playing test match style rugby.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Brumbies were clinical list night. I know the Chiefs were there or thereabouts for a long period, but the Ponies just did all of the fundamentals well and in the end could have won by more. I thought their back and second rows were particularly good. Bobby V and Samu had storming games and were just dominating in contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.