• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TT R5 Hurricanes v Reds Friday 5:05PM

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Some interesting rulings from the official this match.

I’m still adamant that kiwi teams are allowed to get away with murder at the ruck, Hurricanes this match have consistently got away with not releasing the tackled player, not staying on feet when competing for the ball and coming from the side. Ardie Savea must have taken ownership of Richie McCaws cloak of invisibility

Could not agree more. Makes the viewing experience very unpleasant.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Genuinely didn't know that. So if the ball hits the ground in the tackle you cant then place it back either, right?

I not sure, don't think so, but you cannot promote the ball when it touched ground. One of these confusing ones, if you arm under it you can reach forward.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I not sure, don't think so, but you cannot promote the ball when it touched ground. One of these confusing ones, if you arm under it you can reach forward.
Sounds like nonsense to me. Players promote the ball after it hits the ground in every second tackle. Or does 'promote' mean push it forward?

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
What?? You can reach out in one movement IF THE BALL hasn't touched the ground!!

Is this a new global requirement or just limited to games in New Zealand. Just had a look at the Laws on World Rugby website and it doesn't mention anything about ÏF THE BALL hasn't touched the ground. Is it captured in another Law?