• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TT R5 Hurricanes v Reds Friday 5:05PM

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Reds are gunna be up shit creek if Hegarty goes down. I figure one of Thomas or Sorovi is in as backup 10.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
With all the backs changes I missed that Richie Asiata is getting a run at hooker. It'll be good for him to get some game time against the kiwis, need to see who will be ready to step up next season with BPA gone. Have not really been convinced by Nasser at hooker so far.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Has anyone in the 23 actually played 10 for any extended period at Club or Schoolboys even?

This is such a messed up team?!

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sorovi can cover Wing

Henry and Creighton I imagine can cover 10, but a bit surprised they went with Hudson over actual 10 Lawson.

Did Droasese get injured? I cant remember, would have thought he would have started at wing with flook on the bench if he was fit.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Mm, I don't feel like he's shown any of that in his two games yet. Still feel like Stewart would have been really nice to have in the 23 for one of those halfbacks (likely Thomas).

Fleuressence

Frank Row (1)
Droasese appears to be on the plane to New Zealand looking at the Reds instagram. It would nice to see a list of the complete touring party.

The Phoenix

Sydney Middleton (9)
It's been frustrating all season that there are no explanations when they release the teams. The information about reasons for selections and omissions seems to be drip-fed slowly. Just say who's out and why when they release the teams.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Would imagine they would take the full squad to NZ to cover any late injury issues and to have bodies to train against.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Seems to depend on who you are and/ or play for: article accompanying Clan team naming says ASmith missed last week due to mandatory rest; Razor on Saturday said he had no option but to rest Mo'unga & Whitelock; but AL-B hasn't had a rest since Tribe's last bye, six games I think.

And Jordie been named for this week, hasn't missed a game all year!! There was never a compulsary rest, players may of made Razor do it but NZR didn't !! Whitelock etc have played only 4 games at most I think.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I disagree actually. Australian teams should get better and win more against the NZ teams if they want to be at the top of the log.

Conferences and stuff have always been a poor solution and have ultimately led to this situation where the Australian teams have been artificially elevated in the overall ladder.

Really hope the Reds can win one away over there, but it'll require a monumental turnaround from how they have been playing.

Points from one half of the domestic season would not equate to a conference Gel. It would simply be a full, single round season between the NZ and Aussie sides where, under one suggested structure that half domestic season would count towards both the TT and the domestic ladders.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Can't yo all read the f&*king title to this thread. Go create a thread titled 'TT comp effecting Aussi sides', or whatever.
Where oh where is the moderator.
Whether the Reds win on Hurricane home turf depends on the latter having a good game day or bad game day. They are a volatile bunch.

A bit like you Emu, judging by the tone of your post. But you are right of course. Game day threads for game day posts

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Sorovi can cover Wing

Henry and Creighton I imagine can cover 10, but a bit surprised they went with Hudson over actual 10 Lawson.

Did Droasese get injured? I cant remember, would have thought he would have started at wing with flook on the bench if he was fit.

Was it just last week that Droasese butchered a try by going himself with a couple of unmarked supports on his outside, all within the 22m area. I presume some coaches would have no hesitation dropping a player in those circumstances.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Was it just last week that Droasese butchered a try by going himself with a couple of unmarked supports on his outside, all within the 22m area. I presume some coaches would have no hesitation dropping a player in those circumstances.

That's the first thing I thought of.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
That was the week before in Townsville

Even after that mistake Droasese was still named for reds for their game in Brisbane against the blues

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
I have that unfortunate feeling that this game will be a pantsing. Hurricanes hurting from last week, particularly Jordie. With a NZ jersey on the line I can see him stepping up and having a blinder.

Odd Reds selections in the backs. Very concerned they will run rampant through / around our 10-15, particularly later in the game. Worried about Hegarty at 10 if he is straight in from injury with no real 10 coverage in the 23. Is Stewart injured? Surely he must be. A bloke on the wing who isn't a winger, a bloke on the bench who isn't an outside back and a rookie at fullback. Mac was very solid last week but playing over in NZ is a different beast. I get the impression he is a kid who can step into whatever level he is put so fingers crossed he continues and builds from last week.

Piggies look good though.

Reactions: dru