• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TT Rd 5: Blues vs Force

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Date: Saturday June 12, 4:05pm
Venue: Eden Park, Auckland

Auckland Blues Match Day Team GIF:

OsIP.gif

Cyclo, seen here imploring his 2nd team onto greater heights.

Western Force Match Day Team GIF:

giphy.gif

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Am I right in thinking that Karl T & both Ioane bros have been in the 23 for every game so far? If so they'll have to be rested if the NZR rest protocol Razor referenced post-WA match is actually a rule & not just a guideline.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Am I right in thinking that Karl T & both Ioane bros have been in the 23 for every game so far? If so they'll have to be rested if the NZR rest protocol Razor referenced post-WA match is actually a rule & not just a guideline.

Yep that's what Paul Cully is reporting.

Ofa T is being rested too (knee).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

There are no rules on protocols only recommendations.ALB has been in all Chiefs games hasn't he?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^ I guess we'll find out when teams get named.

Edit: just read this on stuff.co.nz:

"[ALB] is a likely absentee from Saturday night's final-round clash against the Waratahs in Sydney due to All Blacks rest protocols."

Then goes on to quote ALB: ".......I guess it’s probably up to Foz [Foster] and New Zealand Rugby what they want to do with load management. And I know other teams have been doing it as well, so you’ve got to be fair, and even, and we’ll see what happens this week.”

So maybe it's somewhere between a requirement as implied by Razor & a suggestion as implied by ALB?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ton-lienertbrown-found-his-extra-yard-of-pace

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
redklan.jpg

"So sorry Blues, NZRFU rules stipulate you have to rest all your key All Blacks now".
--Wylie, Hayes, Deans, Thorne, Mccaw, Blackadder (NZRFU Rules Committee).

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Leon MacDonald comments on these All Black rest and rotation shenanigans that have suddenly materialised now the Evil Empire is in danger of failing to make a Super Rugby final:

pzp6k7ykosg31.png

The hosting of the final at Eden Park shall continue as planned.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Force focused on Blues
June 9, 2021
The Western Force will be looking to finish their Super Rugby Trans-Tasman campaign on the winners list as they take on the Blues in Auckland this Saturday at 3:05pm AWST.
Read more....

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
BLUES (1-15): Alex Hodgman, Kurt Eklund, Nepo Laulala, Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Patrick Tuipulotu (c), Tom Robinson, Dalton Papalii, Hoskins Sotutu, Finlay Christie, Otere Black, Mark Telea, TJ Faiane, Rieko Ioane, Bryce Heem, Zarn Sullivan

Reserves: Ray Niula, Karl Tu'inukuafe, Marcel Renata, Josh Goodhue, Akira Ioane, Jonathan Ruru, Harry Plummer, AJ Lam

INs: Marcel Renata, Josh Goodhue, Ray Niula
OUTs: Ofa Tuungafasi, Jacob Pierce, Soane Vikena

That's a rather strong looking Blues team. Force will have to put in an outstanding performance to get the win, especially over there at Eden Park.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Pleased to see Blues not mucking around too much with selection. Good 23 (except for Ruru).

I think this is Ray Niuia's second appearance in the second year of his Blues deal.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Michael McDonald set for his Force debut off the bench. Good team named. Hope the coach's and team have learnt how to best use Olowofela's speed after last week's showing. Give it some air and let him run run run. If the Force show up with the same guts and determination as last week it should be a cracking game. Lets end this tour of middle earth with a W. Go the Force!

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
A Force win and we could be the top Australian team in TT. Could the establishment stomach such a travesty. LETS GO FORCE!