• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TYS Player of the Year ABs (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
3 Smith
2 Moore
1 Horwill

Mentions
-10 pts - Burgess
Turner had no chances, but did well with what he got.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was good too. Could have given a point there.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
3 Robinson
2 Smith
1 Horwill

Special mention to Brown and Barnes for their first half performances.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
I see I am the only one so far not to give points to Smith. He had a couple of pilfers but didn't help us much as he played too loose, handled poorly, and slipped off tackles.

Palu actually had a cracker - I was surprised how well he performed in his first test back from injury. He got through a terrific amount of work. Hopefully his fitness picks up and he can lift his physicality.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Scotty said:
Special mention to Brown and Barnes for their first half performances.

Special mention for Barnes bombing 2 try scoring opportunities ? Okay... :eek:

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I was seriously hoping that you would give Burgess a point, naz. Sometimes you just have to hook a guy at 20-30mins.

3. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
2. Smith
1. Fat Cat

If I watched it again I might figure out who was most responsible for our dominant lineout and give them a point but let's go with this for the moment.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
naza said:
Palu actually had a cracker - I was surprised how well he performed in his first test back from injury. He got through a terrific amount of work. Hopefully his fitness picks up and he can lift his physicality.

But just how stupid is he?? His free kick with 3mins to go is simply inexcusable!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
3. Horwill
2. Moore
1. Turner

No points to Smith because he gave away two very stupid penalties, and a couple more at the ruck. Played too loose in a game we lost at the ruck.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I am struggling to find players to reward with points.

I can't give any to our tight five, they were simply dominated at the breakdown and scrum for most of the game. Work as a unit guys and hits those f*ckin rucks

Burgess suffered badly from that and had a shocker

Our backrow got no support, so many turnover opportunities were just nullified by a more committed pack.

Our back three couldn't catch a f*ckin high ball, Barnes was solid until wounded, he was then a passenger. Mortlock did nothing.

So

3 Gits
2 Smith
1 Palu

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
3.james Horwill
2.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
1.Benn Robinson

lachie Turner looked good but didn't see enough ball, Stephen Moore was very good also.

Don't know what Barnes was thinking when he skipped Mortlock that was 7 points lost right there & eventually the game.

Good thing for Barnes is that JOC (James O'Connor) did exactly what I knew he would do when he got on "turn to shit" in a big game.

I agree with NAZ, George Smith is like an ex-girlfriend when you only remember the great sex & forget the reasons you broke up.

We had very good field position in the 2nd half & for some reason Smith tries a miracle pop pass in traffic when the better option was to go to ground & present good front foot ball then to top it off he gives away a stupid penalty off the scrum.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Are you guys awarding points to Horwill for the lineout? Why not Sharpey?

Because Sharpe didn't make line busts, crunching tackles & pilfers like an openside as well.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
3. Moore
2. Sharpe
1. Brown

That was difficult to do.
Obviously our tight five were dominated so the rest of the team were under a lot of pressure and cracks appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.