• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

U16/U19 Competition 2023

knicolle

Frank Row (1)
I get you're likely his father or brother and you're supporting him and I respect that.

You previously said he played every game onwards, yet he didn't, and you just said as much, 1st incorrect statement.

It appears he did not start getting picked until round 12 (so quite a while and already enough games to be 2s finals eligible it seems, 2nd incorrect statement). When Bird wasn't available, McCrea on representative duties and Di Staso spending some time in grade.

Infact going back even further he played round 1 in 3rd grade colts, got promoted to 2nd colts for round 2 and then got dropped for round 3 back into 3rd grade colts. So, at times he wasn't even deemed good enough to be in the second-best forward pack at Easts Colts. All of which would count as games towards 2nds colts for finals eligibility.

Fully healthy forward squad available for finals yet didn't have these 3 players available; Dalrymple, Sheppard (assume back in England or injured) and no Bird.

So there alone are 3 players who would have been likely in and around that pack so again it was not 'fully healthy' as you had incorrectly indicated, third time now you have been incorrect and needed to be corrected in support of your son (again who I think is a solid player). Well done to him for improving and taking advantage of people missing some time / being unavailable.

It's a shame Easts never have their full compliment of forwards together to see what their best pack was especially when the cheat code Darby Lancaster came back into the backline.
I have to step in here and ask you to stop please (I am the Father - no one else on this Forum). Oliver informed me of this website, and I am amazed at the length you are going with character assassination - a whole section above to try and discredit a single player, Oliver, who wasn't even selected for the 1st game and a reserve for the 2nd game; he played 2 games for the 3s, no he played 1 game for the 3s, no he got dropped from 2s to 3s, blah blah blah etc.....it is toxic.

Being English, I don't go trawling things green and gold, so this site is new to me, but my Australian Wife and myself are extremely supportive of Australian Rugby, but you have to think - if this is the level of backstabbing the young boys at U19 level receive....it is no surprise the top level of the game is where it is now, and trust me I believe world rugby needs a strong Australia for the good of the game.

I don't like guess work, but you may be a close family member of Kaia Gate; I can't tell from your username. You have an issue with him being overlooked then pick up the phone to the head coach and ask him yourself, rather than try and assassinate those you personally think are unworthy in the positions he competes with. If the coach won't take your call, and explain his rationale, he shouldn't be in that position.

That is it from me, I am not here to defend or promote Oliver; the path he takes, and the outcomes for his rugby are greater than backstabbing venues. I shall not be replying, and I shall be deleting my account, but I had to speak up after reading this law and order episode of dig and counter dig; point scoring against each other to prove one person has read certain tables more intently than the next; move on.

Last edited:

Shuteshieldfan

Frank Nicholson (4)
Nicolle is a good player

(again who I think is a solid player)
Apologies if you feel that way.

I would hardly call compliments above about the player 'character assignation', calling him a good and solid player!

Referencing the games / grade that some individuals played in this season, is factual and isn't targeting anyone, it's public knowledge and is easily accessible to all on fuse sports.

He was solid when he came on, as myself and others would have expected him to have been. Again, sorry if you felt that bringing up games that someone has in was akin to 'character assassination', obviously I have mis executed words along the way if you felt such a way. I will keep his name out of this forum moving forward.

I'm not okay with the Uni coach picking Uni second Graders over quality first graders from other clubs (notably Woods, Rats and Souths).

Let's get back to the rugby, better performance from the Tahs.

Main things I noticed.

- Geez Finau is a great player but he needs to work on that throw because he is so so good around the field!
- Di Staso is the best on ball presence they have, should be at 7!
- Dickens had himself a good day
- The wingers for the Tahs are quality footballers.
- Talaieva was awesome when he came on, instant impact (should be starting but plays for the wrong colours)

Last edited:

Rippa

Peter Burge (5)
Sorry Gentlemen there’s only one player No13 who seems to have some quality all the rest are average players for the U19 tahs
What is disappointing is that the Rebels are no academy team there standard was so low, any Sydney colts team would have demolished them .
The sooner this game gets centralised the better need whatever talent spread around also we need favouritism abolished and Dan Parkes to be called out for his Uni biases. Everyone can see this bullshit and
It needs to stop .

Rippa

Peter Burge (5)
I have to step in here and ask you to stop please (I am the Father - no one else on this Forum). Oliver informed me of this website, and I am amazed at the length you are going with character assassination - a whole section above to try and discredit a single player, Oliver, who wasn't even selected for the 1st game and a reserve for the 2nd game; he played 2 games for the 3s, no he played 1 game for the 3s, no he got dropped from 2s to 3s, blah blah blah etc.....it is toxic.

Being English, I don't go trawling things green and gold, so this site is new to me, but my Australian Wife and myself are extremely supportive of Australian Rugby, but you have to think - if this is the level of backstabbing the young boys at U19 level receive....it is no surprise the top level of the game is where it is now, and trust me I believe world rugby needs a strong Australia for the good of the game.

I don't like guess work, but you may be a close family member of Kaia Gate; I can't tell from your username. You have an issue with him being overlooked then pick up the phone to the head coach and ask him yourself, rather than try and assassinate those you personally think are unworthy in the positions he competes with. If the coach won't take your call, and explain his rationale, he shouldn't be in that position.

That is it from me, I am not here to defend or promote Oliver; the path he takes, and the outcomes for his rugby are greater than backstabbing venues. I shall not be replying, and I shall be deleting my account, but I had to speak up after reading this law and order episode of dig and counter dig; point scoring against each other to prove one person has read certain tables more intently than the next; move on.
Sorry that you feel this way but these men ain’t schoolboys anymore
The obvious point is that the selections are a concern the top teams in colts week in and out where Warringah , Eastwood , Easts Uni had a bolter towards the end of season that’s all
And Uni in 2nds colts where very average
What concerns me is the tahs has quite a few Uni 2nd colts in the squad who don’t cut it
There’s a lot of observes out there who can see the bullshit biases out there and in this forum it’s fair to call it out
I would have picked the warringah lock any day of the week .

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Sorry Gentlemen there’s only one player No13 who seems to have some quality all the rest are average players for the U19 tahs
What is disappointing is that the Rebels are no academy team there standard was so low, any Sydney colts team would have demolished them .
The sooner this game gets centralised the better need whatever talent spread around also we need favouritism abolished and Dan Parkes to be called out for his Uni biases. Everyone can see this bullshit and
It needs to stop .

Number 13 is an average player. Certainly not the best on the team.

Jack Barrett and Finau are quality players despite their flaws. And the number 14 seems to be a bloody good player too. Saunders is showing flashes as well.

Everyone else was average at best.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
I think we need to remember that this is under 19s while colts is under 20s, so it’s likely a number of players don’t qualify.
Let’s be thankful that kids are getting these opportunities because the league system will swallow them up

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Number 13 is an average player. Certainly not the best on the team.

Jack Barrett and Finau are quality players despite their flaws. And the number 14 seems to be a bloody good player too. Saunders is showing flashes as well.

Everyone else was average at best.
Saunders reminded me a bit of Joe Roff. Hope he is just as good in time.

Shuteshieldfan

Frank Nicholson (4)
we need favouritism abolished and Dan Parkes to be called out for his Uni biases. Everyone can see this bullshit and
It needs to stop .
I mean if you use logic and a bit of basic common sense, no one actually disagrees with this statement, surely?

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Think this competition highlights that 5 super teams are too much. Must be so demotivating for the Rebels Academy to score a total of 14 points in both the u16 and U19 games. How do you expect these players to develop when you play them in a team that gets destroyed week in and week out.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Disappointing to see Prass has gone West, he's an absolute talent. Fairly understandable move though, with Lynagh and McLaughlin-Phillips signed (and the general youth of the backline) it was going to be tough finding opportunities in QLD.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Can’t fault the Force recruiting.

Got plenty of boys that would be in the NSW & QLD sides.

Think this competition highlights that 5 super teams are too much. Must be so demotivating for the Rebels Academy to score a total of 14 points in both the u16 and U19 games. How do you expect these players to develop when you play them in a team that gets destroyed week in and week out.
Maybe. But as bad as it sounds they surely expect it… don’t get better not pushing yourself. Victoria is producing more than it’s fair share of Pros as well.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Connection through the Qld backline has been diabolical, hopefully just rusty having started with the bye and having players off with the Aus schoolboys.

A lot to like about the 8 Sowerby though, he's been in everything.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Wow - hats off to the Reds for staying in the game when they were under the pump and taking enough chances to get home.

But I do feel like we’ve dodged a bullet here.