• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Mario Ledesma must have been absolutely chuffed to get the two wins over Aus sides in Aus, to go with the earlier win over the Tahs. Maybe we should have kept him here and sent a couple of others from the national setup over to Argentina.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
21-10 to hurricanes now - at least my world is back in its place . See Toby smith ex rebels doing a good job for hurricanes

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
After the so-called high tackle on Beaugan, ASav could be in trouble here. Nup, penalty only. I've never really rated Skeen as a TMO but that's two pretty average calls in about five minutes he's made.

EDIT: the forward pass he called in the third minute was correct inasmuch as it was forward, but not sure it's within the TMO protocol for him to just jump in like that. Bloke must think he's Sethfricken.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well that's a game I probably won't have to watch again in a hurry. Real scrappy affair and think perhaps the Sunwolves came out a bit harder than expected by some. I not too sure Jamie Nutbrown will remember the game as one of his best, he looked a little lost a few times, and almost seemed to get in the way of play more than once.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
earnest yet impotent Swolves took about 60 minutes to put the condom on, the bored bride wandered next door to the Canes' suite and within 10 minutes she was pregnant about 8 times.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Third time lucky for Aso, BP restored.

But there was a definite off-side in the lead up, maybe two or three phases earlier. Ball went forward from the half back's hands and taken by another Canes player in front. Movement should have ended there and then.

Have to wonder if Nutbrown has anything like 20/20 vision. So many knock ons, forward passes, ruck infringements, off sides that he missed.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
^^^^^^^^ must be why Skeen took over the refing duties..

yeah jeez what the hell was that guy up to.
"Nutty, I've got some CCTV footage I'd like you to look at, a potential gathering of delinquents taking place as we speak in an alley just off the Onehunga mall..."
"NOT NOW Ben."
"Nutty, some more footage coming through, someone in the crowd has just dropped their chips....."
"Ben....."
"Nutty, I've got some footage of potential foul play from the 1905 All Blacks tour I'd like you to take a look at..."
"Yeah Ben, put that one up on the big screen..."

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
But there was a definite off-side in the lead up, maybe two or three phases earlier. Ball went forward from the half back's hands and taken by another Canes player in front. Movement should have ended there and then.

Have to wonder if Nutbrown has anything like 20/20 vision. So many knock ons, forward passes, ruck infringements, off sides that he missed.

Par for course for Super Rugby officiating though. Can you even say Nutbrown is worse than the others? Can't believe last week Gardner didn't at least check his held up call when the ball had clearly gone nowhere near crossing the line. Seems to be getting a bit big for his boots.

The refereeing standard this year has arguably been worse than the standard of Australian Super Rugby teams.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Bloos become Jaguares first NZ scalp. At Eden Park. After leading at half time. C'mon Dismal, that's gotta be worth that epic Hitler parody you've been working on these past few years......