• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Big changes for @ChiefsRugby tonight. Sam Cane (ab strain) and Lachlan Boshier (appendicitis) out. Luke Jacobson starts at No 6, Liam Messam from No 8 to No 7, Pita Gus Sowakula off bench and to No 8. Brodie Retallick no rest and on bench, with debutant Jesse Parete

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Jaguares are on top here, up 20-12 with a two-man advantage and pushing for more. Relentless. Great to see, and despite my own opinions regarding the time difference and lack of genuine rivalries stifling Super Rugby in Australia with teams in SA & ARG, from a Rugby perspective they are demanding everybody sit up and take notice as they look to make it a 4-0 Australasian tour!

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Good stuff Charlie. Such a shame about all the concussion troubles he's had. But I was hoping that it was Brodie who was going to collect that kick with an open run to the line. Would've been glorious.

EDIT: Wouldn't say there's conclusive evidence there.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It’s not a question of whether that was a knock on. The question is how the ref missed it (a) in real time, and (b) not asking for a review. And the AR? Happened right in front of him.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Huge tour from the Jaguares, with 4 wins on tour they've got to have a hell of a lot of belief to take with them if they make the finals. 3/5 remaining games at home gives them a decent chance of taking a wild card spot.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
That will have them brimming with confidence and also going into the internationals I reckon. Pity the South African contingent have been so inconsistent.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Chiefs game was so boring my stream cut out and instead of spraying the screen with the usual enraged tsunami of spittle I just got up and wandered off.
All that damage control plop and flop shit doesnt suit the Chiffs, whereTf was the jailbreak shit? Incarcerated themselves with all that stodgy stuff. Maybe the Jags orange jumpsuits fucked up their prison break mentality

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Good stuff Charlie. Such a shame about all the concussion troubles he's had. But I was hoping that it was Brodie who was going to collect that kick with an open run to the line. Would've been glorious.

EDIT: Wouldn't say there's conclusive evidence there.

The lack of a decent replay in any of the highlights packages is fairly telling imo. I'm still trying to isolate a shot that shows it, but based on where Harris & his 12 are standing I'd say there's pretty much zer0 chance Harris knocks it on. Jags deserved the win but that try should've stood.

EDIT: just read the stuff.co.nz match review which describes the Allardice YC as "contentious" lol the only thing contentious about it was whether it shoulda been a Red.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By gee, I know the Chiefs didn't play well, but I think the Jaguares deserve some of the credit for that, they certainly looking a fairly reasonable team at moment!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^ gives them 24 points so depending on result & margin between Bulls (20) & Stormers (18) overnight they'll head home in either 7th or 8th & with 3/5 home games left you'd have to back them to at least hold that position or maybe get up to 6th (or even 5th if the Tribe implode under the weight of their injury toll). In saying that they've got ~30 capped Pumas so you could argue they should be challenging for a Conference winners place not a Wildcard.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The lack of a decent replay in any of the highlights packages is fairly telling imo. I'm still trying to isolate a shot that shows it, but based on where Harris & his 12 are standing I'd say there's pretty much zer0 chance Harris knocks it on. Jags deserved the win but that try should've stood.

EDIT: just read the stuff.co.nz match review which describes the Allardice YC as "contentious" lol the only thing contentious about it was whether it shoulda been a Red.

WOB, I called it a knock on in real time, and I reckon the replay shows that, in relation to the 22m line, the ball was propelled towards the goal line. As an interested but impartial onlooker, I believe the right call was eventually made.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Are you talking about the non-try where he over-ran the ball, pawed at it like a cat to try and stop it from going out propelling the ball towards himself now being slightly in front of the ball having over-run it. Yeah no evidence eh.

Jags now my team because it would be swell to see someone other than the Crusaders or Hurricanes win it.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
JBarrett a late scratching so NM-S starts at 15.

BLam with the early try, Beaugan converts from touch, 7-0 & Lions have lost Marx at least temporarily.