• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Apparently Crotty passed his HIA & Assistant Coach Brad Mooar reckons he's likely to be "available for selection".

Reserve hooker Seb Siataga won't be there, though, as it's been confirmed that he, too, broke and arm Saturday night. With Ben Funnell & Andrew Makalio already out injured that means Sam Anderson-Heather, who got a six-minute run v Bloos recently, will be wearing 16. I strongly suspect he won't be risked while Marx is on the field & Taylor may even have to go the full 80.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Apparently Crotty passed his HIA & Assistant Coach Brad Mooar reckons he's likely to be "available for selection".

Reserve hooker Seb Siataga won't be there, though, as it's been confirmed that he, too, broke and arm Saturday night. With Ben Funnell & Andrew Makalio already out injured that means Sam Anderson-Heather, who got a six-minute run v Bloos recently, will be wearing 16. I strongly suspect he won't be risked while Marx is on the field & Taylor may even have to go the full 80.
Codie probably should’ve played the 80 on the weekend

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Opening odds at tab.co.nz are Crusaders $1.09 - $7.50 Lions & they're giving the Lions an 18.5-point start. Long-range forecast is that it'll be dry but chilly, ~9C at kickoff. Ticket sales going OK but I think a lot of people will wait until later in the week & there may even be walk-up tix available if the forecast worsens (it's a pretty exposed ground if cold and/ or wet plus the facilities aren't that flash. Shit they can't even use the big screen if the wind is above ~10kmh in case the crane it hangs from goes over).

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Opening odds at tab.co.nz are Crusaders $1.09 - $7.50 Lions & they're giving the Lions an 18.5-point start. Long-range forecast is that it'll be dry but chilly, ~9C at kickoff. Ticket sales going OK but I think a lot of people will wait until later in the week & there may even be walk-up tix available if the forecast worsens (it's a pretty exposed ground if cold and/ or wet plus the facilities aren't that flash. Shit they can't even use the big screen if the wind is above ~10kmh in case the crane it hangs from goes over).

It’s criminal that Crusader management probably won’t be able to have countless replays of foul/dirty/illegal play from the Lions on the big screen to help rile up the faithful

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ mate a true Cantab* can spot foul/ dirty/ illegal play by the opposition from the carpark :)

*EDIT: I'm a Nelsonian BTW.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lions have a cunning plan for combatting jet lag:

1. Arrive in Christchurch ~11PM tonight
2. "Our day will be moved on by four hours. We’ll only get up at 11:00 in the morning and then have breakfast. We’ll have dinner at like 23:00 or 23:30. The guys will only go to bed at 01:00 at night,” De Bruin said."
3. Only have one training session

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/lions-jet-lag-plan-going-to-bed-at-0100-20180731

They reckon it worked for them on their trip to Sydney so I guess it's worth a crack (but I can imagine there'll be some media blowback if it doesn't work).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Lions have a cunning plan for combatting jet lag:

1. Arrive in Christchurch ~11PM tonight
2. "Our day will be moved on by four hours. We’ll only get up at 11:00 in the morning and then have breakfast. We’ll have dinner at like 23:00 or 23:30. The guys will only go to bed at 01:00 at night,” De Bruin said."
3. Only have one training session

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/lions-jet-lag-plan-going-to-bed-at-0100-20180731

They reckon it worked for them on their trip to Sydney so I guess it's worth a crack (but I can imagine there'll be some media blowback if it doesn't work).
How do you tell if it worked?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bollocks Crusaders are considering changing their name, FFS is Christchurch going to change it's name, because that's who actually sent the Crusaders out, were the people from Christ's church!! Geez some of these so called reporters struggle to find stories don't they?? Oh shit me and the Saracens in England? And as for the Barbarians, we know how the Barbarians hordes surged through Europe raping and maiming:rolleyes:!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've yet to see or hear of anything actual Muslim who cares about the name of a rugby team c.f. better gun laws, being taken seriously when they go to the Police re: disturbing behavior towards them, etc.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
And swap all the number on their back to proper Arabic numerals.

١. Moody
٢. Taylor
٣. Franks
٤. Barrett
٥. Whitelock
etc...

this would actually be a seriously awesome tribute to the muslim community to do for a game.

The # 5 is awesome. A daft little egg? A swollen tear? Poignant.

Backwards number 7's for prop and hooker? Richie'd knock one out to be in that pack. "They'll never find me."

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Is the cancelled match re-scheduled or is it recorded as a draw or something?

just cancelled and called a draw.
“SANZAAR policy states that in the event of a match cancellation due to force majeure, the match will be officially declared a draw and both teams will receive 2 competition points"

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
bit of a shame the match wasn't postponed to a more appropriate time

could've had a midweek fixture when the teams have a a block of games in nz, gentleman's agreement that no All Blacks play and have all the gate takings given to charity to help the victims