• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Some very good players missed out due to injury as well.

Mosese Tuipulotu
Joey Walton
Aedo Kailea

Who knows, maybe they wouldn’t of made it even if they were fit but great to see huge talent coming through. We have officially gone from a 5-8 range team on talent for years with 1-2 class talents to a genuine 1-4 ranked team on talent.

Luke Callan from WA included - is he the brother of Ollie Callan?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Some very good players missed out due to injury as well.

Mosese Tuipulotu
Joey Walton
Aedo Kailea

Who knows, maybe they wouldn’t of made it even if they were fit but great to see huge talent coming through. We have officially gone from a 5-8 range team on talent for years with 1-2 class talents to a genuine 1-4 ranked team on talent.

I think inj report from the rebel kept getting sent to the wrong e mail address, what actually happened with Isaac? lol

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
You’re right, would of been last year
Got to feel for the group that missed out last year due to COVID .

A few names have come through regardless, the likes of Tizzano , Rory Scott and Ollie Callan. They didn’t get a chance to show what they can do on a world stage within the U20’s age group , but have kicked on with their Super Rugby careers.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Any word on Dion Samuela? He was excellent for Aus Schools and I noticed he was included in some of the earlier squads, but seems to have been left out of the Oceania team.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Any word on Dion Samuela? He was excellent for Aus Schools and I noticed he was included in some of the earlier squads, but seems to have been left out of the Oceania team.

Was named as a fresh reserve for Bond on the weekend. I've not seen the game though.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
he's started a few games - mostly on the wing. It would seem he hasn't made the most of his opportunities however
Would say he has been surpassed by Mac Grealy for the 15 jersey.

The games I’ve seen of him this year he has been on the wing rather than 15 and not sure he possesses enough top end speed to play there at higher levels. His change of speed and direction is impressive, but not so his top end speed.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Has been playing mostly in the Bond colts team from what I remember, he might have been injured for a bit?

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
At a minimum they are playing NZ twice on the GC. The preliminary dates were Tuesday the 6th of July and then again on Saturday the 10th.

There was talk early on about making it a Southern Hemisphere comp including the likes of Argentina , Japan , NZ and Pacific Islands , but looks most likely now to be just NZ and the very outside chance of Fiji being included.

Not sure of the venue, previous Oceania tournaments have been held at Bond.

The Oceania matches between the Junior Wallabies and the junior All Blacks will be played at The Canal at 7.30pm on Tuesday, July 6, and Saturday, July 10.
Tickets can be purchased at Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/aus-vs-nz-under-20s-oceania-games-6-10-july-tickets-159945945629

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Good to see RA finally getting the details public.

Understand there would have been some hold back in case the event didn’t go ahead, but it’s been almost invisible. Don’t understand why you wouldn’t promote this more. They had footage up yesterday on Instagram of the U20 RWC final of 2019 to promote the coming France Tests ……….wouldn’t have been too much trouble to mention we have a team that is going to have a run this year…..

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see RA finally getting the details public.

Understand there would have been some hold back in case the event didn’t go ahead, but it’s been almost invisible. Don’t understand why you wouldn’t promote this more. They had footage up yesterday on Instagram of the U20 RWC final of 2019 to promote the coming France Tests ……….wouldn’t have been too much trouble to mention we have a team that is going to have a run this year…..

it's only just been confirmed. It's hard to organise international events this day and age. I think you can cut them some slack

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Are the Kiwis already here? Is the squad already in camp, including the Waratahs boys?
The squad went into camp yesterday, including those from Sydney, they were brought up early and trained with the Reds Academy last week.

Don’t think the Kiwis are here yet, which could well be a problem depending on how cases go in Qld over the next few days. The NZ government has put a pause on the travel bubble for three days and will then reassess.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Damn couldn’t they just play one game to empty spectators? I’m sure the Stan sports camera men could get covid tested

Reactions: dru