• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
who is the player agent on Stan?
Look, he know who he is so I won’t out him because I assume at this stage he only calling the Colt Club game.
But his lead commentator was so brainwash that even after the player left the field, he was still calling his surname when other player ran the ball.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I don’t know who you’re talking about but it doesn’t sound like anyone prominent so who cares, bias exists at all levels of commentating. Ex-players and coaches don’t want to talk Ill about their former team, pet project or mates. Commentators don’t want to be critical of players who have given them interviews and good snippets.

Need to take all commentators with a grain of salt. Cheika cops more flak then most because a similar bias ‘appears’ to exist in his commentating that people accused him of as a Wallaby coach.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
A Brothers supporter? I am comfortable with your perspective but happen to see it differently. What many accept in the commentary dished out today I don’t. An unbiased commentary would know more player and research beyond their client.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Brothers all the way. I’m a straight shooter and have no hesitation in calling out bias behaviour. Your opinion on Dallan just doesn’t align with my observations. If Dallan isn’t noticing your kid, get your kid to do better.

Last edited:

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Seeing the result of the Gen Blue U20s against Southern Districts last weekend we could at least go part of the way to solving this by entering an U20s squad in each of the respective Club 1st grade comps.

Someone also mentioned that sometimes this year the 5 Aus and they assumed the Drua will play each other without their Wallabies. Sort of filling the gap. Honestly, wouldn't mind if they opened that up to having a SRU/BRU rep squad also enter.
I am genuinely wondering about this idea.

If we really want to give the u20s rep team more games together and become a powerhouse team, there are options.

Could bode well if/when the players meet again in other rep teams further along.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I can see the Sydney clubs being really supportive of that idea, however much I like it.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Squad for the most recent camp:

Junior Wallabies squad

Siosifa Amone - Associates, Western Force
Taj Annan - Easts Tigers, Queensland Reds
Ed Arnott - Eastern Suburbs, NSW Waratahs
Floyd Aubery - GPS, Queensland Reds
Nic Baker - GPS, Queensland Reds
Jack Bowen - Eastern Suburbs, NSW Waratahs
Cooper Bridgeman - Brothers, Queensland Reds
Luke Callan - Wanneroo, Western Force
Jamie Clark - Sydney University, NSW Waratahs
Max Craig - Easts Rugby Club, Queensland Reds
Massimo De Lutils - Western Districts, Brumbies
Ben Dowling - Randwick, NSW Waratahs
Oskar Enasio - Warringah Rats, NSW Waratahs
George Gibson - Southern Districts, NSW Waratahs
Bayden Godfrey - Tuggeranong, Brumbies
Mason Gordon - Wests Bulldogs, Melbourne Rebels
Mac Grealy - Uni of Queensland, Queensland Reds
Eyda Haisila - Endeavour Hills, Melbourne Rebels
Clem Halaholo - Sydney Uni, NSW Waratahs
Jarrod Homan - Easts, Queensland Reds
Zac Hough - Wests Bulldogs, Melbourne Rebels
Fritz Jahnke-Tavana - Southern Districts, NSW Waratahs
Willem Johnstone - Souths, Queensland Reds
Remsy Lemisio - Tuggeranong Vikings, Brumbies
Oliver Little - Eastern Suburbs, NSW Waratahs
Daniel Maiava - Wyndham, Melbourne Rebels
Pat Maka - Vikings, Brumbies
Tom Maka - Gordon, NSW Waratahs
Harry McLaughlan-Phillips - Souths, Queensland Reds
Dan Nelson - Sydney University, NSW Waratahs
Titi Nofoagatatoa - Tuggeranong Vikings, Brumbies
Henry O’Donnell - Sydney University, NSW Waratahs
Divad Palu - Wyndham City Rhinos, Melbourne Rebels
George Poolman - Sydney Uni, Western Force
Taine Riori - Easts, Queensland Reds
Lukas Ripley - Uni of Queensland, Melbourne Rebels
Andrew Romano - Cottesloe, Western Force
Conor Seve - Wests Scarborough, Western Force
Ned Slack-Smith - Warringah, Western Force
Paddy Tagg - Sydney Uni, NSW Waratahs
Taliu Tuia - Melbourne Unicorns, Melbourne Rebels
David Vaihu - Wests Bulldogs, Melbourne Rebels
Mitch Watts - Randwick, NSW Waratahs
Angus Websdale - Randwick, NSW Waratahs
Louis Werchon - Brothers, Queensland Reds

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Will be hard to pick a 23 let alone a XV from that list. A lot of younger boys obviously with an eye to the 23 U20s.
With no world cup this year I guess it makes sense to focus on those guys who'll be able to go around for another year, particularly once you get outside of the starting 15

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes but still have the objective of beating NZ if the Oceania comp proceed in July. You need the older men for that task particularly upfront. Still a big difference as Colts comp winner each season illustrate.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Half of the BBC 2019/2020 team are in this squad. Coaches must be working on combinations.
2019 side was the best outfit BBC has ever put together.
There was 6 lads who played in 2018 as U16's stepping up. Could have been a couple more as well.
I think the 2020 team got accolades due to breaking the drought but to be honest I don't think the opposition was as good as 2019.

The 2019 "final" game V TSS was the best schoolboy rugby match I have ever seen in 40 plus years. Miskin Oval had never seen so many spectators.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Three squads so far with changes throughout. Yellow highlights are the ones who are new in this squad.

20s.JPG