• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Nathan Grey says that their three 10s in their squad, Lynagh, Bowen and McLaughlin-Phillips will duke it out for the flyhalf role when asked can hit fit more than 1 into the XV. Lends me to think Mason is safe at 15.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
The aussie baabaas are back this yr playing a prac game v the 20's. Would love to see the baabaas play an indigenous wallaby xv every yr in the july test window

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That’s a good game, the u20s usually blitz it due to cohesion v 1 training session together but the Barbarians are fully grown men who will test them physically. Don’t remember the year but the match at either NSO or Chatswood about a decade or so was a goodie.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
7FC51A67-8445-4680-8D83-98F032683B06.jpeg
E15744AD-B63B-4DC6-85A1-CAB61357A2F2.jpeg
D3BE845E-A894-45E3-966E-476364969CF5.jpeg

Barbarians to play U20s. I expect the U20s to win by 50. I know it’s grown men but it’s also country rugby and 2nd graders in there.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Yeah Jorgenson injury had nothing to do with playing too much, got smashed in a cleanout. A stress fracture or hamstring/calf would probably be an indication of poor management.
Correct - the previous week was his best game of the year, 3 or 4 try assists. No suggestion there that he was burning out.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
What value is seen in this sort of fixture for the U20s out of curiosity? Is it seen as simply a "a combinations warm up" or is it meant as a genuine exposure to a higher level of physicality? And there doesn't seem to be any prestige involved in it for the Barbarians side.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
The aussie baabaas are back this yr playing a prac game v the 20's. Would love to see the baabaas play an indigenous wallaby xv every yr in the july test window

could we even fill a indigenous wallaby XV?

the indigenous rugby players I know of in super rugby haven’t been playing this year (Beale, Sorovi, Aubrey)

im stumped at your suggestion. Thinking of 15 First Nations to give
View attachment 16393View attachment 16394View attachment 16395
Barbarians to play U20s. I expect the U20s to win by 50. I know it’s grown men but it’s also country rugby and 2nd graders in there.

There’s a few qpr premier grade starters in there

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, I'm sounding harsh in how I describe them but the spread of ability is pretty wide in that squad.

Iv'e thought the same thing about the Indigenous team and it might be hard but could be a cool concept to raise the profile of the game at least. Add in their Pietsch, Muirhead, Goddard then would be cool to see some of the 7s guys like Longbottom play.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
could we even fill a indigenous wallaby XV?

the indigenous rugby players I know of in super rugby haven’t been playing this year (Beale, Sorovi, Aubrey)

im stumped at your suggestion. Thinking of 15 First Nations to give

There’s a few qpr premier grade starters in there

It doesn't have to be an all stars game like the nrl & we have to start somewhere

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
It doesn't have to be an all stars game like the nrl & we have to start somewhere

i think rugby has been at the forefront or aboriginal recognition - I feel like our game was first to do welcome to country and haves indigenous strip, but I am unsure on my claim

but we are still severely lacking at with engaging in this part of the community… unsure how to increase player participation with rugby league & AFL strongholds outback.