• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Uni vs Wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Junior Maninoa is an unlikely Randwick star, for sure. How many games did he play?

6 maybe 7 games was invited to play from North Brisbane RC which he joined from NZ last year, after injuries to all available 1st and 2nd grade locks. Randwick's efforts to make the GF are pretty impressive even from my biased point of view given the injury run and the fact that nearly 60 players played first grade at some stage this year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Dragging those blokes up from the lower grades to get 1st grade experience seems to have paid off handsomely for the Wicks, cause they have teams in 1st grade to 5th grade GF's this year.

Must be something in the Coogee water. Pretty impressive performance even if they go down 0-5. (This may be unlikely as fifth grade GF may have been last week, and I do not know the score yet.) Either way, Brook Street Headquarters should be pumping tonight.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
I think they moved it from the Sydney Football Stadium? Maybe because of the race meeting on at Randwick?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Most likely moved due to the relative cost of hire of the SFS as compared to Stade Concorde. Big crowds can justify the expense of hiring big venues.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Uni getting everything going their way. Some awful ref calls

Agreed. Did you see Carter's antics earlier in the game, I thought maybe he had rabies, then they ping McGann for something Carter went on with - surely they can just let that small stuff go. Frustrating to watch for a neutral, would be pulling my hair out if I was a Wicks fan.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Reffing getting worse. Wicks have no clue in attack. Beale have an average game at best.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Stu Dickheadinson is putting on his usual "its all about me" reffing performance.

This is an AWFUL game. Australian rugby is in serious trouble with turd sandwiches like this being served up.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'll call the game over now, 5 minutes into the second half. Lam yellow card which wasn't even a penalty.

Dickenson should hand back his award as best Oz ref this year. What a fucking joke.

Carter started a push and shove as usual and Wright was penalised and warned for it. Dickenson hang your head you have ruined this game.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Agree with gnostic and naza 100%.
This comp and the game in this country is a joke.
Congrats uni.
Awful final

Status
Not open for further replies.