• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales vs Australia, EOYT 2010, Millenium Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
does rain help the welsh? or us? or what?

I'll have to stick up for Travi because he's a Uni man, even though he comes from Melbourne.

Just because we're bright doesn't mean we have to ask smart questions.

The fact that most games in the British Isles might well be better played in Wellington boots could suggest the answer to his conundrum.

That or the fact that the Welsh are contemplating leaving the roof open in order to gain an advantage.

C

chief

Too much confidence for the Wobs. Wales to win by 2. You heard it here folks.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
OK... so what's wrong with the Wallaby scrum?

Fainga'a?

Robinson and Alexander out of form from injury?

Nathan Sharpe being a shite scrummager?

McCalman sticking his head up after the ball goes in?

They're too loosely binded?

What's going on people?

This game last year we were doing to them what they're now doing to us! The AB's have a better scrum and we don't go this badly against them...

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
OK... so what's wrong with the Wallaby scrum?

Fainga'a?

Robinson and Alexander out of form from injury?

Nathan Sharpe being a shite scrummager?

McCalman sticking his head up after the ball goes in?

They're too loosely binded?

What's going on people?

This game last year we were doing to them what they're now doing to us! The AB's have a better scrum and we don't go this badly against them...

No unity in the bind, backrow playing like meerkats

T

TOCC

Fainga'a definitely doesn't help, but the problems were evident last week...

Alexander is out of practice is the main point, and secondly I'm going to highlight McCalman not keeping his head down, number 8 is absolutely essential.....6 & 7 are important as well but not as important

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Well that was a fairly boring game compared with last week. Beale is, however, coming into his own very nicely indeed.

The front row has definitely gone backwards, pun intended.

T

Travi34

Front row is our problem, having try scoring, ball running props is great... except for when we scrummage against a NH side...

who are our genuine prop options? 2 ben/ns, slipper, maafu, daley, weeks, and then maybe some oldies, baxter, dunning....

who is going to do the best job come RWC? we need 4, maybe 5 to concentrate our efforts on... and it seems we are getting nowhere atm...

is it only time until the ben/ns get back into form and start to dominate?

is TPN essential to our scrum win? is squeaky good enough? does Fainga'a, or edmunds, even deserve a jersey on the bench?

are the locks giving enough support?

do rock and 'cock need to keep their heads down and push, or keep going as they are?

thanks for the defend bruce, i thought considering their running game style it'd hurt them as much as us...

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
The Welsh commentators were ripping into our scrum pretty harshly - Australia certainly does have a reputation in Europe despite doing well there over the past 2 seasons. Back to the drawing board eh.

Also time to bring Baxter back into the fold I feel.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Scrum a real worry but the Wallabies looked a touch lethargic and, I think, the ABs seemed to as well. Maybe last weekend and the flight from Honkers took more out of both teams than we thought.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think this proved how much we have missed Palu. He was our real impact player last year on the EOYT

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Nice thought Cutter

First half our back row didn't even have their heads in and Benny A had a tough time.

Second half Barnes had made his mind up. On first view those penalties on the try line were a joke

Barnes also let anything go on at the breakdown which didn't suit our wide ball plans

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
It is embarrassing when Welsh commentators (and the blonde BBC girl) refer to Robinson and Alexander as 'ball running props, weak in the set piece.'

F*ck.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It is embarrassing when Welsh commentators (and the blonde BBC girl) refer to Robinson and Alexander as 'ball running props, weak in the set piece.'

F*ck.

The only way to stop it is to take a dominant scrum to the northern hemisphere for 20 years in a row.

Having the Argies in the Tri-Nations will definitely help.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
We need a little honesty here boys.....

Our scrum got unmercifully slayed by a big but not top line 8. What happened? I notice the Black scrum also was done in by the Poms, but not to the same low level that the Wobs got smashed.
What has Noriega been doing with these blokes?
Fainga'a and Maafu were at the root of our spring mauling by the Poms. They cannot help. Both Alexander and Robinson are way below their best and should improve.
They had better hurry because we have 3 better opposition scrums coming up over the next several weeks and England could easily beat us through molesting our scrum again.
It could well be time for Big Al to return to anchor our scrum next year with Alexander going to the bench?

Beale was once again amazing. JOC (James O'Connor) and Mitchell were not far behind. Genia slightly better than last week but still a long way off.

add - Moore's late withdrawal may have thrown them off from the start as he probably leads them in the scrum.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)

F*ck.

Aint that the truth. They were taking the piss something fierce all game. The english pack must be licking their lips at the thought of another crack at us. At this rate teams will be knocking on deliberately in our 22 to milk the guaranteed scrum penalty.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
The planetrugby match report claims Ben Alexander's try was his first for Aus. That's not right is it? I seem to recall him being a bit of a try sneak.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm pretty sure he scored that one against the baa baas in 09 when he did the swan dive, all the commentators were laughing about it.

Does that match count as a test though

Status
Not open for further replies.