• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
skelton obvious one..others would be McMahon, kerevi, Arnold (ta BR)….

Can't think of any other test quality players who would be candidates playing overseas to target getting back.

The problem with that is that it's not players we would target to get back, Rennie said the PLAYERS were keen to get back.

So Kerevi....obviously not because he chose to leave on a 3 year deal, would be odd if after 2 months he was suddenly keen to get back.

None of those are really obvious. Obvious for US to want back, but not obvious as Rennie pointed out of players that wanted to come back.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
skelton obvious one..others would be McMahon, kerevi, Arnold (ta BR)….

Can't think of any other test quality players who would be candidates playing overseas to target getting back.

But Arnold and Kerevi just left; is it really likely they'd be looking to come back already? I mean, very happy if they are, but............

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Apparently his role was restricted to just scrum and lineout coach, for which I thought he did reasonably well in, especially given the number of genuine lineout jumpers the selectors afforded him

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
As much as we want Laurie to be the next forwards coach, I personally want the person in that role to be heavily involved with ALL super teams during the year, almost to the point he's at each club at least twice a month. Unless Laurie takes a backwards step from the Brumbies, I can't see how Australian Rugby as a whole will get value out of his appointment for 3-4 months of a year.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Currently Rassie and Nienaber are at the Stormers whilst I think Stick is at the Bulls and possibly the Lions thereafter.

Bare with me.

The current Bulls forwards coach is also the Bok forwards (or scrum?) coach, so makes sense he is not traveling.

I think Deon Davids (former Kings coach) is forwards coach and Daan Human (Bulls) is scrum coach.

That's the philosophy around here now for a century or so. Get the engine working and worry about the looks later.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As much as we want Laurie to be the next forwards coach, I personally want the person in that role to be heavily involved with ALL super teams during the year, almost to the point he's at each club at least twice a month. Unless Laurie takes a backwards step from the Brumbies, I can't see how Australian Rugby as a whole will get value out of his appointment for 3-4 months of a year.

I imagine Laurie will have to leave the Brumbies at the end of the season if he becomes the Wallabies forwards coach.........