• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Our possible 23 is worse. Though, I'd take our starting current forward pack over that one. Tupou > Alexander. Slipper = Slipper, Philip/LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) > Simmons. Hooper = Poey. Wilson > McCalman.

Put in our OS players and I'd back it in (which proves Rodha's point).
1. Slipper
2. Latu
3. Tupou
4. Skelton
5. Arnold
6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. White
10. O'Connor
11. Koroibete
12. Paisami
13. Kerevi
14. Wright
15. Beale
16. BPA
17. Bell
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Philip
20. McMahon
21. McDermott
22. To'omua
23. Hodge

That's a dramatically improved team. At a certain point, if players are leaving anyways for more money, you have to start picking them for the national side.

If you don't it just means you are losing at super rugby and international rugby.

Give me a non religious Israel Folau on the wing and by God that's a good rugby team.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
The whole idea of being able to call on two OS players who have not qualified through the Giteau law is a good one. Due to our lack of depth there are times when we are short of test class talent in certain positions.
Right now I would take a hooker(Latu) and a 13(Kerevi).
Our second and back row stocks look pretty healthy ATM.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The whole idea of being able to call on two OS players who have not qualified through the Giteau law is a good one. Due to our lack of depth there are times when we are short of test class talent in certain positions.

I would agree, but only in a World Cup year.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
That's a dramatically improved team. At a certain point, if players are leaving anyways for more money, you have to start picking them for the national side.

If you don't it just means you are losing at super rugby and international rugby.

Give me a non religious Israel Folau on the wing and by God that's a good rugby team.

It goes further than this though. If one of those players goes down, it might mean we still have someone up to scratch to step in. If Philip and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) go down we are going to be a bit fucked.

All that talent overseas that is just about there, but not quite, would make a huuuuuge difference to our prospects over a 10-15 game season.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

No LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)????? What would he have to do to make it? Kick goals? As for Folau, he can burn in you know where for all I care. Keep him away from a Wallaby jersey, forever. He ratted on his mates, his promises, his integrity. Fark him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Shouldn’t we know Swinton’s verdict by now?

From the SANZAAR Newsletter this morning:

"At the time of publication, the Foul Play Review Committee determination of Lachlan Swinton's red card, received in the NSW Waratahs versus Chiefs match, had not been handed down. Full details will be published as usual via media release and published on the Super Rugby website when available."

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hard pass - maybe 5 years ago. But Beale has been on a steady decline for a number of years and was more of a turnstile at the back than Maddocks is. Banks is definitely a head of Beale.

I disagree. He's in much better form than he has been in the past 5 years. He looks the fittest I've seen him in a long time. He's training with better players and better coaches than he was at the 'Tahs (and playing against stiffer competition). Banks isn't in Beale's league. I look forward to seeing Banks get 92 caps.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
From some of the wallabies social media looks like Trevor Hosea is involved with the squad currently. Maybe a few players with some injuries and he’s filling in? Or Swinton cover?

Yeah odd. He looks involved. Probably a good reminder for me and some others to calm down about inclusions & exclusions.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
From some of the wallabies social media looks like Trevor Hosea is involved with the squad currently. Maybe a few players with some injuries and he’s filling in? Or Swinton cover?

When was Phillip's last game? He's probably still in quarantine so they might need the extra bodies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Perese officially ruled out of the series.

Swinton facing 6 weeks, was offered 4 with the early plea but they have decided to contest it

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Swinton should have taken 4. He's lucky to be offered any discount.

Big shame for Perese. He would have been very likely to make his test debut.

Are suspensions for games or weeks?

If its 4 or 6, either way his misses France but can still play RC. Needs to challenge and get 0 if he is going to play France.