• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
you'd have to think at this rate with the situation in Sydney that the Sydney test will either be moved or played without spectators.

Where are the French and Wallabies currently based ? Does anyone know ? P.S. I'd send it to Perth, but maybe not with time zones, so Maybe Canberra.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Where are the French and Wallabies currently based ? Does anyone know ? P.S. I'd send it to Perth, but maybe not with time zones, so Maybe Canberra.

The wallabies are on the gold coast aren't they?

I think I recall that the French were going to isolate in Sydney upon arrival too.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
There’s a pretty good stadium out at Mudgee!

In all seriousness though, Coffs Harbour could be an option. Anyone know the ticket sales numbers at this stage?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would assume that once a new venue is worked out, the French team will be granted some kind of exemption to go straight from their hotel quarantine to the new destination………

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yes it would be the same protocols as during the height of covid last year for professional sports you would think.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'd assume both the Wallabies and France have been in hub-like conditions, therefore could secure an exemption to travel to Queensland.

Worst case they would go up there into an AFL-style hub where they can play but not leave their rooms except to train etc.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'd assume both the Wallabies and France have been in hub-like conditions, therefore could secure an exemption to travel to Queensland.

Worst case they would go up there into an AFL-style hub where they can play but not leave their rooms except to train etc.
Thought the French said they are not willing to do that (understandably).

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I assume they’ve all been vaccinated and undergo regular testing. Unless someone in the group turns up with the virus they will sort something.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There hasn't been a precedent for this yet. Last year during the Victorian lockdown, all the sport teams escaped Melbourne before the lockdown came into effect. I don't think any of them got exemptions to travel. France are now under a 14 lockdown. I wouldn't be surprised to see them not exempted. This government has given any concessions to fully vaccinated people yet (another topic but they absolutely need to start doing so to incentivise the vaccine).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Problem is vaccinated people can still be vectors.

No one disputes that but their transmission risk is significantly reduced. Along with mask wearing and social distancing a fully vaccinated person is practically harmless. USA has done this, how else do we incentivise getting the jab?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
There hasn't been a precedent for this yet. Last year during the Victorian lockdown, all the sport teams escaped Melbourne before the lockdown came into effect. I don't think any of them got exemptions to travel. France are now under a 14 lockdown. I wouldn't be surprised to see them not exempted. This government has given any concessions to fully vaccinated people yet (another topic but they absolutely need to start doing so to incentivise the vaccine).
Also unprecedented I think is that no sport team was almost through full quarantine when the lockdown hit.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

France is still in quarantine and the Wallabies are in Queensland. No issue right.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
France is still in quarantine and the Wallabies are in Queensland. No issue right.
Someone on Twitter asked Christy Doran the question and he said that like Matt Philip the French team can be shuttled to anywhere on a bus or plane while still in quarantine.

EDIT: small correction - I now interpret it as once they complete quarantine they can be bus/planed to wherever.