• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Let's hope it works out, and they can be moved elsewhere, and more importantly there is no spread to other parts of country.
I know this is rugby site so thats what we worry about etc, and I admit I really hoping tests go ahead.

But more importantly , I hope they get on top of this outbreak quickly and all in NSW and elsewhere stay safe!!

Reactions: TSR

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
McLennan has said it will likely be moved to Newcastle or Brisbane. You’d think Newcastle is too risky being so close to Sydney. He also mentioned Melbourne ticket sales are going ok. I reckon they will sit on it for a couple of days while they negotiate with the potential parties and see where else the virus pops up given that a significant proportion of Sydneysiders have already fled the city this week on school holidays. I reckon the ski resorts will go into lockdown for starters!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
McLennan has said it will likely be moved to Newcastle or Brisbane. You’d think Newcastle is too risky being so close to Sydney. He also mentioned Melbourne ticket sales are going ok. I reckon they will sit on it for a couple of days while they negotiate with the potential parties and see where else the virus pops up given that a significant proportion of Sydneysiders have already fled the city this week on school holidays. I reckon the ski resorts will go into lockdown for starters!
Commercial success important here so if need to move to Brisbane or Perth probably better. Not sure Newcastle would get much crowd as would not have any Sydney people attending.

Reactions: mst

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Perth is likely not an option because of the Travel and because the WA Gov has been quite extreme with their reactions and have shown a tendency to make snap lock-downs etc.
The QLD Gov has likely said they'd take it, indicating they'd likely work with Rugby Australia to keep an event on-foot while the WA Gov has likely not made such offers.

Reactions: mst

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I’m just watching the sevens, Kerevi just scored a cracking solo try off the kick off v the kiwis. Is there any chance this sevens thing was to get him back on our shores and then draft him into the Wallabies in the likely event he doesn’t make the Tokyo gig?

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
AFL game in Perth today going ahead without spectators because of a Covid case, so that definitely rules us out.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I’m just watching the sevens, Kerevi just scored a cracking solo try off the kick off v the kiwis. Is there any chance this sevens thing was to get him back on our shores and then draft him into the Wallabies in the likely event he doesn’t make the Tokyo gig?
Selecting Skelton, Kerevi, Latu and Arnold in the squad pushes this team several rankings higher.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Oz sevens side suffers from the same brain fog as the 15s it appears. Kerevi looks strong and was intimidating the Kiwis.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I’m sure that Kerevi is not going back to Japan just yet and looks in good nick. It’s an easy call for Rennie to make.