• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
"Rennie also confirmed Kurtley Beale will join fellow Aussies Rory Arnold, Tolu Latu and Will Skelton in joining the Wallabies squad on Monday, with further inclusions expected to be announced in the coming days." From the RA website.

Who would be the 'further inclusions' mentioned?

Fullback probably the main concern after Noah has been brought in to cover 10. Options might be Maddocks, Morahan - anyone else?

What other spots might need extra cover? 12? 13? 11/14?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
"Rennie also confirmed Kurtley Beale will join fellow Aussies Rory Arnold, Tolu Latu and Will Skelton in joining the Wallabies squad on Monday, with further inclusions expected to be announced in the coming days." From the RA website.

Who would be the 'further inclusions' mentioned?

Fullback probably the main concern after Noah has been brought in to cover 10. Options might be Maddocks, Morahan - anyone else?

What other spots might need extra cover? 12? 13? 11/14?
I’d say your Tah mates Maddocks and Dempsey.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
To some derision, I did recently nominate Mack Hansen as a possibility for the 15 spot call-up. Just to put it in context, Mack was a member of the 2018 Australian U20s squad alongside such luminaries as Rob Valetini, Len Ikitau, Tate McDermott and Jordan Petaia (all Wallabies), and sometime squad members Angus Blyth, Trevor Hosea, Fraser McReight and Ryan Lonergan. The fact that he was backup to the incumbent Wallaby 15 ought not to detract from his talent and performances. I reckon he would be ready to play off the bench at this level, and would certainly prefer him to one or two of the favourites of others on the thread.

Last edited:

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
To some derision, I did recently nominate Mack Hansen as a possibility for the 15 spot call-up. Just to put it in context, Mack was a member of the 2018 Australian U20s squad alongside such luminaries as Rob Valetini, Len Ikitau, Tate McDermott and Jordasn Petaia (all Wallabies), and sometime squad members Angus Blyth, Trevor Hosea, Fraser McReight and Ryan Lonergan. The fact that he was backup to the incumbent Wallaby 15 ought not to detract from his talent and performances. I reckon he would be ready to play off the bench at this level, and would certainly prefer him to one or two of the favourites of others on the thread.
Can you please fix your spelling of ‘Jordan’ before Wilson sees it!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
To some derision, I did recently nominate Mack Hansen as a possibility for the 15 spot call-up. Just to put it in context, Mack was a member of the 2018 Australian U20s squad alongside such luminaries as Rob Valetini, Len Ikitau, Tate McDermott and Jordasn Petaia (all Wallabies), and sometime squad members Angus Blyth, Trevor Hosea, Fraser McReight and Ryan Lonergan. The fact that he was backup to the incumbent Wallaby 15 ought not to detract from his talent and performances. I reckon he would be ready to play off the bench at this level, and would certainly prefer him to one or two of the favourites of others on the thread.
I thought he was back up for Muirhead? I didn’t mind him as a player but he left our shores to ply his trade in Europe before he could even crack the Brumbies starting side, I doubt he’s high up on Rennie‘s hit list. He’d need to commit to Aus rugby before he even gets a tackling bag holding gig at this level.

Last edited:

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dont understand the sentiment that certain players would have signed contracts with the understanding that they would not play test rugby. If you have retired from test rugby formally sure, but even then you may answer a distress call from your country in need. Players like Cooper and Beale qualify to be selected if playing in Australia or not and if a country tweaks its own requirements all players around the globe are fair game.. Clubs are not permitted to (officially) stop players from representing their countries in those reg 9 test windows. Simple. Sign your contracts with that in mind.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I dont understand the sentiment that certain players would have signed contracts with the understanding that they would not play test rugby. If you have retired from test rugby formally sure, but even then you may answer a distress call from your country in need. Players like Cooper and Beale qualify to be selected if playing in Australia or not and if a country tweaks its own requirements all players around the globe are fair game.. Clubs are not permitted to (officially) stop players from representing their countries in those reg 9 test windows. Simple. Sign your contracts with that in mind.
Its a bullshit excuse. WR (World Rugby) are incapable or unwilling (or both) of enforcing their own rules.

Last edited:

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Geeezzz, GR's piece is all all over the shop. Starts complaining about SJ, then talks about how RA needs to do something else, how agents need to be involved and then that Noah needs to eat more food.

Would be nice if she actually explained why player agents need to be invovled in the conversations between club and country? In my experience, allowing for a 3rd party i.e. the agents to get involved means a looooooot gets lost in translation.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Geeezzz, GR's piece is all all over the shop. Starts complaining about SJ, then talks about how RA needs to do something else, how agents need to be involved and then that Noah needs to eat more food.

Would be nice if she actually explained why player agents need to be invovled in the conversations between club and country? In my experience, allowing for a 3rd party i.e. the agents to get involved means a looooooot gets lost in translation.
a lot of cash gets lost, you mean?

Attachments

• 1635809753140.png
    1635809753140.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 69

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wouldn't everyone be involved just to get the best outcome? Obviously, the player Manager has a better relationship with the club than the Wallabies, they could have helped or at least set expectations.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I suspect the agents are conflicted. I bet they shopped these players on the basis that they wouldn't be playing for the Wallabies and therefore the players were worth a premium contract.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I suspect the agents are conflicted. I bet they shopped these players on the basis that they wouldn't be playing for the Wallabies and therefore the players were worth a premium contract.
Yeah but if that has changed (which there is always a chance) speak to the player and his agent and try and work something out. You don't just cut out the guy who has the relationship with the club.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
And in most cases they were right, because that's what RA had decided. But RA changed its mind. BTW I doubt that the clubs that have splashed money on our players are babes in the wood, who believe anything and everything that player agents tell them. Agents are go betweens. When you buy property, for example, you will listen to what the agent says, but then get expert advice to back up any possible contentious issues.

Last edited: