• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
So squad of 40 being chosen for wallaby camp this weekend. Let’s see if I can name 40.
From row: sio, aaa, slipper, bell, tupou, Robertson, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), faingai, bpa, mafi (10)
Locks: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), hosea, Neville, uru, FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner)(5)
Backrow: mcreight, hardwick, valetini. Swindon,Wilson, Samu, anstee (7)
Halves: white, Tate, Powell, JOC (James O'Connor), Noah, harrison (6)
Centres: To’omua, Paisami, Jordy, ikatau, simone (5)
Wings/fb: Koriobete, vunivalu, muirhead, dagunu, banks, Wright, Campbell (7)

There you go quick Stab at 40 players - will come back and see how close lol

Pretty good crack, I would love to see Hosea rewarded for his form this year but no doubt Rodda walks back in.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Pretty good crack, I would love to see Hosea rewarded for his form this year but no doubt Rodda walks back in.
Like half of that , no way Rodda walks back , had to earn it as well as respect.

Hosea will be there , he is developing nicely .

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Like half of that , no way Rodda walks back , had to earn it as well as respect.

Hosea will be there , he is developing nicely .

I'm with you on Rodda and I hope you're right, I think his form leading up to his "walk out" was pretty average anyway. Phillip was immense last year so we didn't miss Rodda at all, I'd take Phillip in a heart beat.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm with you on Rodda and I hope you're right, I think his form leading up to his "walk out" was pretty average anyway. Phillip was immense last year so we didn't miss Rodda at all, I'd take Phillip in a heart beat.

Rodda's form at that time was fine. No point adding issues on the bloke. He can play lock. Well.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
So squad of 40 being chosen for wallaby camp this weekend. Let’s see if I can name 40.
From row: sio, aaa, slipper, bell, tupou, Robertson, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), faingai, bpa, mafi (10)
Locks: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), hosea, Neville, uru, FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner)(5)
Backrow: mcreight, hardwick, valetini. Swindon,Wilson, Samu, anstee (7)
Halves: white, Tate, Powell, JOC (James O'Connor), Noah, harrison (6)
Centres: To’omua, Paisami, Jordy, ikatau, simone (5)
Wings/fb: Koriobete, vunivalu, hodge, dagunu, banks, Wright, Campbell (7)

There you go quick Stab at 40 players - will come back and see how close lol

Edit: forgot to include hodge who is automatic selection for 40 so toss up between Campbell and muirhead I reluctantly cut the latter

Hookers: Fainga'a, Uelese, BPA, Kaituu
Props: Sio, Slipper, Bell, Ala'alatoa, Tupou, Faamausili
Locks: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Hosea, Neville, FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner), Uru
Backrow: Wilson, Samu, Swinton, Valetini, Mcreight, Wright
Halfback: White, Mcdermott, Gordon, Powell
Flyhalves: To'omua JOC (James O'Connor), Lolesio
Centres: Hodge, Simone, Paisami, Petaia, Ikitau
Outsidebacks: Koroibete, Vunivalu, Daugunu, Wright, Campbell, Banks

Left 1 spot for a backrower - Could be Uru with Timani coming in (though with Rodda and Phillips on the horizon I'm not holding my breath for Timani OR Neville. Could be Kemeny, Stander or Hardwick. None are likely to make the final 33 let alone a match squad, but they deserve to be in the conversation.

I picked injured players because it's more of a brains meeting then a physical one (though left out DHP). Bit skinny on FB cover, expecting Hodge to spend more time back there then at 12.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)

Left 1 spot for a backrower - Could be Uru with Timani coming in (though with Rodda and Phillips on the horizon I'm not holding my breath for Timani OR Neville. Could be Kemeny, Stander or Hardwick. None are likely to make the final 33 let alone a match squad, but they deserve to be in the conversation.

I picked injured players because it's more of a brains meeting then a physical one (though left out DHP). Bit skinny on FB cover, expecting Hodge to spend more time back there then at 12.
Almost exactly what I’d have.

Only change I can think of currently is Hanson in for Uelese or BPA (if they decide to immediately move on from him).

With Rodda potentially available (his team could be in Top 14 finals), Philip almost certainly available (team won’t make Top 14 finals) and Hooper return. I think Uru, Neville and Wright will drop off that list. Uru or Wright to battle out for that extra spot you were suggesting

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Pretty much what I'd pick. Locking stocks are predictably short again. Also not sure Wright will be involved, where is he at injury wise?

I'd throw Hardwick in there as the second 7 on form. I also wouldn't be super surprised to see ASY (Angus Scott-Young) given a call up (though wouldn't be my choice).

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd have Blyth over Uru and more importantly Rodda.

I read somehwere that Uru will likely be involved - I think Neville would more likely may way for Blyth than Uru, I like Timani also but with Rodda and Phillips returning, not sure theyd back a 34 yr old to stay ahead LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Hosea.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Pretty much what I'd pick. Locking stocks are predictably short again. Also not sure Wright will be involved, where is he at injury wise?

I'd throw Hardwick in there as the second 7 on form. I also wouldn't be super surprised to see ASY (Angus Scott-Young) given a call up (though wouldn't be my choice).

Yeh thats why I threw my little bit in about picking injured players. Wright will be back in there by France series and Hooper will be available so not sure if they will bother with Hardwick as the pecking order is quite predictable. The 6/8 is a busier but less predictable scene with Swinton questionable, Samu historically struggling international level, Naisarani fallen out of favour, Uru falling into favour, and then guys like Kemeny and Leewarner ticking some useful no.6 boxes.

I like Timani and Neville but I think both will miss out because they know Rodda and Phillips will return, with LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Hosea as realistic backups - going much deeper would probably be in favour of younger guys like Blyth and Leewarner then the old dogs like Neville and Timani. However if people fall over injured, I would pick Timani or Neville off the bench as a lock over Blyth in a test match this year..

I don't know about the wallabies - but an Australia A team would be strong!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You'll probably get an idea whether injured players were invited based on whether Liam Wright can be spotted with the Reds bench on Saturday night.

If so you'd expect Wright, DHP and Gordon to be involved.

I assume they're meeting on Sunday in Sydney and that's about it. I can't imagine there's any training sessions involved.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Rennie is quoted as saying they will be picking the squad with the 2023 RWC in mind. Some of the younger players coming through, who won't play test this year but who might get a look in, include:

Campbell, Hansen, Ralston, Harrison, Kemeny, Koteka, Blyth, Swain and Faumasili.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Meeting Sunday at Sanctuary Cove for three days.

Ahh ok. The Queensland switch is on!

Interesting given the Reds and Waratahs will be in Sydney, The Brumbies and Force coming from Canberra and Rebels on a bye. Tahs then host the Brumbies in Sydney and Reds play in Melbourne.

I guess there'll only be a couple of Waratahs in the group so they may as well host it in Qld ;)