• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The guy under pressure IMO is Swinton.

The quality of his 30 minute shift for the Wallabies will probably get him in, but he’s done nothing to deserve it this year.

To be fair, he didn't really do much in Super Rugby last year either.......... will be banking on that half an hour against the AB's and "potential."

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I don’t agree with the first bit. He was inconsistent, but he was very good in a couple of games.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
You’re only as good as your worst player, it’s hard to look good in the current Tahs environment. I’d say any Tahs that were in the squad last year will get a berth to at least the first training squad to try and make their case, but can’t really see any others being called in.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Do we reckon Naisarani is long odds to make this squad? Still think he's comfortably in our top 2 no. 8s.
I’d have Uru ahead of Naisarani. You need a skilful player linking with the backs, like Wilson. Uru is slightly different but offers a lot. Naisarani is a barge and bash type of player and his ball security has been questionable.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
To be fair, he didn't really do much in Super Rugby last year either.... will be banking on that half an hour against the AB's and "potential."

Statistically he did more then Valentine, and plenty were calling for his inclusion in the Wallabies

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Statistically he did more then Valentine, and plenty were calling for his inclusion in the Wallabies

I had to google this Valentine, and aside the fact that he's approaching 80 his eligibility might come under question due to his Scottish heritage..........

But you're at least right about the statistics........ didn't notch up a single figure last year in any criteria.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I had to google this Valentine, and aside the fact that he's approaching 80 his eligibility might come under question due to his Scottish heritage....

But you're at least right about the statistics.... didn't notch up a single figure last year in any criteria.

Nice slim

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I’ll have a go -

Props: Slipper, Bell, Robertson, Tupou, Ala'alatoa, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Fa’amausili
Hookers: Uelese, BPA, Fainga'a, Kaitu’u
Locks: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Hosea, Neville, Swain, FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner), Uru
Backrow: Wilson, McReight, Swinton, Hardwick, Valetini,
Halves: White, McDermott, Lonergan, Powell
10s: O’Connor, Lolesio, Harrison
Centres: To’omua, Paisami, Ikitau, Petaia
Wings: Koroibete, Daugunu, Vunivalu, Muirhead
Fullbacks: Banks, Maddocks, Campbell

I haven’t included any current injured players - if I did Tom Wright would definitely come in for Muirhead. Not sure of BPAs departure timing, but if he is left out I expect either Mafi or maybe Lonergan would get a gig. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner)/Uru I see as guys who can cover lock & backrow

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I’ll have a go -

Props: Slipper, Bell, Robertson, Tupou, Ala'alatoa, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Fa’amausili
Hookers: Uelese, BPA, Fainga'a, Kaitu’u
Locks: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Hosea, Neville, Swain, FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner), Uru
Backrow: Wilson, McReight, Swinton, Hardwick, Valetini,
Halves: White, McDermott, Lonergan, Powell
10s: O’Connor, Lolesio, Harrison
Centres: To’omua, Paisami, Ikitau, Petaia
Wings: Koroibete, Daugunu, Vunivalu, Muirhead
Fullbacks: Banks, Maddocks, Campbell

I haven’t included any current injured players - if I did Tom Wright would definitely come in for Muirhead. Not sure of BPAs departure timing, but if he is left out I expect either Mafi or maybe Lonergan would get a gig. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner)/Uru I see as guys who can cover lock & backrow

Matt Philip is due back in early june interesting to see if he gets a mention today

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I assume he won’t, as it’s my understanding that this is a squad who is getting together for some prep work, but I also assume he, Hooper and possibly Hanigan remain in the selectors consideration.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I assume he won’t, as it’s my understanding that this is a squad who is getting together for some prep work, but I also assume he, Hooper and possibly Hanigan remain in the selectors consideration.

So those 3 can be added before the french series?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I think so - but not 100% sure.

Personally I’d only add Phillips & Hooper. I think the emergence of Uru & the improvement of FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) & Valetini gives us enough cattle in form in the back row.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Allan Ala'alatoa (27, Brumbies, 43 Tests)

Tim Anstee (23, Western Force, uncapped)

Tom Banks (26, Brumbies, 11 Tests)

Angus Bell (20, NSW Waratahs, 3 Tests)

Filipo Daugunu (26, Queensland Reds, 5 Tests)

Pone Fa'amausili (24, Melbourne Rebels, uncapped)

Jake Gordon (27, NSW Waratahs, 5 Tests)

Reece Hodge (26, Melbourne Rebels, 45 Tests)

Trevor Hosea (21, Melbourne Rebels, uncapped)

Len Ikitau (22, Brumbies, uncapped)

Feleti Kaitu’u (26, Western Force, uncapped)

Josh Kemeny (22, Melbourne Rebels, uncapped)

Marika Koroibete (28, Melbourne Rebels, 34 Tests)

Noah Lolesio (21, Brumbies, 2 Tests)

Lachlan Lonergan (21, Brumbies, uncapped)

Alex Mafi (24, Queensland Reds, uncapped)

Tate McDermott (22, Queensland Reds, 2 Tests)

Fraser McReight (22, Queensland Reds, 1 Test)

Andy Muirhead (27, Brumbies, uncapped)

Isi Naisarani (26, Melbourne Rebels, 8 Tests)

Cadeyrn Neville (32, Brumbies, uncapped)

James O’Connor (30, Queensland Reds, 55 Tests)

Hunter Paisami (22, Queensland Reds, 6 Tests)

Jordan Petaia (21, Queensland Reds, 8 Tests)

David Porecki (28, NSW Waratahs, uncapped)

Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (24, Queensland Reds, 25 Tests)

Pete Samu (29, Brumbies, 10 Tests)

Irae Simone (25, Brumbies, 2 Tests)

James Slipper (31, Brumbies, 100 Tests)

Darcy Swain (23, Brumbies, uncapped)

Lachlan Swinton (24, NSW Waratahs, 1 Test)

Sitaleki Timani (34, Western Force, 18 Tests)

Matt To’omua (31, Melbourne Rebels, 54 Tests)

Taniela Tupou (24, Queensland Reds, 25 Tests)

Seru Uru (24, Queensland Reds, uncapped)

Rob Valetini (22, Brumbies, 4 Tests)

Suliasi Vunivalu (25, Queensland Reds, uncapped)

Nic White (30, Brumbies, 37 Tests)

Harry Wilson (24, Queensland Reds, 6 Tests)

Tom Wright (23, Brumbies, 3 Tests)

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some surprises other not so

Kemeny, Timani, Naisarani, Anstee

Some changes like Vunivalu were seen coming.

I suspect Rodda, Philip and Hooper will have a spot for match squads so will be interesting to see who’d drop out in their place

Fair squad all round

BPA and Uelese prob biggest omissions that I can see. Uelese been consistently injured and BPA heading overseas so no surprise on either front