• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Wallaby questions I want answered in the next few weeks:

Who starts at loosehead in the first test? Sio is the incumbent, Bell is the future, Slipper the returning hope.

Do you mean who gets 17? Slips clearly gets the start.

for me Bell/Robertson had a better SRAU but Sio actually fired a shot for the 1st time this season sat hahaha

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What's his background Reg? Is he going to be here longer term? As much as I'd love another Radike I'm not sure how I'd feel about another Caleb Timu.

Timu was and is a mercenary type. Got the scholarship to the big rugby school, got the league contract, that didn't work out, so came back to rugby for his next contract, then got the $$$ in France. Plus he's a stinking kiwi,

Seru (like Radike) is a Fijian who grew up in Fiji (like Radike) and then came to Australia to pursue professional rugby (like Radike) opportunities and started playing club rugby first (like Radike) before securing a professional contract (like Radike).

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
If I had to name a Wallabies 23 today based on form:

1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Thor
4. Neville
5. Philipp
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Korobite
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. Paisami
14. Tom Wright
15. Banks
16. Faiinagaa'
17. AAA
18. Fotuaika
19. Solokai-Loto
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. Simone
23. Vunivalu

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)

1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Thor
4. Neville
5. Philipp
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Korobite
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. Paisami
14. Tom Wright
15. Banks
16. Faiinagaa'
17. AAA
18. Fotuaika
19. Solokai-Loto
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. Simone
23. Vunivalu

Not a bad looking side, though I wonder if JOC (James O'Connor) and 10 and giving Lolesio good minutes off the bench is a better play. That also allows Paisami to move in one and Ikitau to move to 13.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Not a bad looking side, though I wonder if JOC (James O'Connor) and 10 and giving Lolesio good minutes off the bench is a better play. That also allows Paisami to move in one and Ikitau to move to 13.

More than that, JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 has nothing to do with form.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
More than that, JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 has nothing to do with form.

Nor does Matt Philip at 5. Which isn’t to say I wouldn’t pick him, but if he gets a parachute into the ’form side’ then I’m going to give one to Michael hooper as well.

Reactions: dru

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)

1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Thor
4. Neville
5. Philipp
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Korobite
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. Paisami
14. Tom Wright
15. Banks
16. Faiinagaa'
17. AAA
18. Fotuaika
19. Solokai-Loto
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. Simone
23. Vunivalu
To'omua needs to be in the 23. 10. JOC (James O'Connor) 12. To'omua 13. Paisami

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Thor
4. Neville
5. Philipp
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Korobite
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. Paisami
14. Tom Wright
15. Banks
16. Faiinagaa'
17. AAA
18. Fotuaika
19. Solokai-Loto
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. Simone
23. Vunivalu

I do like the look of Neville and Philip in the second row, but on what local form does Matt get a guernsey?

JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 when he hasn't been regularly playing there to assess his form?

Allan Ala'alatoa and Fotuaika surely swap sides?

How does Pete Samu get a spot on current form when he's out injured, possibly for the remainder of the season?

What form has Vinivalu shown in any of his games other than an ability to jump and catch a ball? Unfortunately, for him, rugby requires a lot more than that.

Nonetheless, not a bad start from one of the enemy across the ditch. I would go with Lukhan Salakai-Loto to partner Neville, Fergus Lee-Warner in place of Pete Samu and Daugunu instead of Vunivalu. Probably, one or two other changes too, but the rest of your selections do have current form to support them.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
To'omua needs to be in the 23. 10. JOC (James O'Connor) 12. To'omua 13. Paisami

What real benefit would his inclusion add?

Do you see him in a game day 23 come the next world cup?

I could not put him in the team based on his form this season, take away his goal kicking and give it to JO'C/Lolesio who are arguably better kickers and what does he bring to the team?

I am glad he re-signed with the Rebels because his experience is needed for their future but cannot see what he adds to a Wallabies team now, and I certainly cannot see him adding anything in the future.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
The fact that To'omua’s signed a 2 year ARU contract tells me he’s in the 23. To'omua had a great start to the season, and has slipped in the last few games. But look at Lolesio’s second year blues, and only really had a good last game. Give me To'omua over Lolesio everyday of the week.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
The fact that To'omua’s signed a 2 year ARU contract tells me he’s in the 23. To'omua had a great start to the season, and has slipped in the last few games. But look at Lolesio’s second year blues, and only really had a good last game. Give me To'omua over Lolesio everyday of the week.

Could also mean he doesn’t want to go overseas in the current climate