• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Has everyone written off BPA for Wallabies cause he's heading overseas? I think he's at another level at the moment compared to other Aussie hookers. His size and physicality has really shown in TT. As members section pointed out MK is heading off but everyone is including him.

I reckon there's a significant difference in how good each of them are.

Marika would definitely be a guy I'd be considering bringing in for the 2023 RWC.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also I want my hooker playing with his team mates week in week out, getting their scrum & lineout perfect. Winger I'm more happy to parachute in.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Interesting discussion, I’d say BPA is more likely to improve through the environment he will be playing in compared to Koroibete.

Bringing a hooker or lock back from France has greater value then an outside back from Japan IMO

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think we prepare separate sides for this test series:

Test 1 & 3:

15 Banks
14 Wright
13 Perese
12 Paisami
11 Koroibete
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
9 White
8 Wilson
7 Hooper [c]
6 Valetini
5 LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
4 Neville
3 Tupou
2 Kaitu'u
1 Slipper

Test 2:

15 Maddocks
14 Vunivalu
13 Ikitau
12 To'omua [c]
11 Daugunu
10 Loloesio
9 Gordon
8 Naisirani
7 McReight
6 Swinton
5 Hosea
4 Swain
3 AAA
2 Lonergan
1 Bell

With:

16 Maf
17 Sio
18 Pone
19 Timani
20 Wright
21 McDermott
22 Simone
23 Samu

as the roving reserves,
Good sides Reg. But I'd prefer either Daugunu or Vunivalu to Koroibete, McDermott to Gordon, FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) to Swinton, and somebody else to Timani.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I think we prepare separate sides for this test series:

Test 1 & 3:

15 Banks
14 Wright
13 Perese
12 Paisami
11 Koroibete
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
9 White
8 Wilson
7 Hooper [c]
6 Valetini
5 LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
4 Neville
3 Tupou
2 Kaitu'u
1 Slipper

Test 2:

15 Maddocks
14 Vunivalu
13 Ikitau
12 To'omua [c]
11 Daugunu
10 Loloesio
9 Gordon
8 Naisirani
7 McReight
6 Swinton
5 Hosea
4 Swain
3 AAA
2 Lonergan
1 Bell

With:

16 Maf
17 Sio
18 Pone
19 Timani
20 Wright
21 McDermott
22 Simone
23 Samu

as the roving reserves,

6 days between test 1&2 then 4 between 2&3. You could go full strength in the 1st & make minimal changes come test 2 to hopefully try to secure the series.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
6 days between test 1&2 then 4 between 2&3. You could go full strength in the 1st & make minimal changes come test 2 to hopefully try to secure the series.

I would add a different reserves for final test if we are up.
16. Porecki
17. Fotuaki
18. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
19. Frost
20. Wells
21. Powell
22. Godwin
23. Harrison

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
RN there has to be a limit to the "promising", "potential" or "worthy toilers" getting Wallaby caps. I hope we never see any of Porecki, Wells or Godwin near the Wallabies, and probably neither of Powell or Fotuaki either.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
RN there has to be a limit to the "promising", "potential" or "worthy toilers" getting Wallaby caps. I hope we never see any of Porecki, Wells or Godwin near the Wallabies, and probably neither of Powell or Fotuaki either.

3173A93D-D28F-4DDA-B652-D0DBCD999364.jpeg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I have to say I'm really happy with the way both Valetini and Wilson are tracking...

My only concern at the moment, and it might be completely unfounded is whether these two together enable a balanced back row. If they do, then it’s going to be a pretty special combination.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I am ok giving Harrison, frost and wells a run.

Don’t know why you don’t like wells - he has been good this year.
I guess because being ‘ok’ or ‘competitive’ in Super Rugby TT should not be the threshold for getting a Wallabies jumper (although I’m pretty sure BR had a different view of Powell when he were a predominantly white jersey..)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Okay I'm happy now that we'll have Philip & Rodda back with nearly as much preparation as the rest of the team. Both go into the 23 for me with Salakai-Loto. You can try out Hosea, Neville and Swain (who needs to be more consistent) on rotation.

If Valetini & Wilson maintain TT form and Hooper plays like did a year ago which is likely that's a very formidable forward pack.
Weak spot is still hooker. I was disappointed last night with Longeran (unlike the pundits), too many lazy mistakes. Cheika did point out he was up against arguably the best hooker in the world in Coles. I guess Kaitu'u gets first shot.

1. Slipper
2. Kaitu'u
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
16. Fainga'a
17. Bell
18. Ala'alatoa - thought his game last night was great
19. Rodda
20. Swinton

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
What is your thinking, Joe?

I thought that some of Paisami's best games have been at 13, and didn't think last night was one of his best.
He just seems to be developing his distribution and kicking game. Of course he could utilise that from 13 as well but I think we would be better served with a bigger lump of a man at 13 outside Paisami.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He just seems to be developing his distribution and kicking game. Of course he could utilise that from 13 as well but I think we would be better served with a bigger lump of a man at 13 outside Paisami.

Left to right passing aint really up to scratch. Decision making is also questionable when under pressure, not ideal in a 12.

I still prefer his hard running and tackling at 13.