• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Too few Force. Well, maybe the correct number but one wrong person. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) and Kuridrani (given the injury toll) are unlucky to miss out.

Surprised too that there are not more Reds. But who might have been considered unlucky? Petaia? Injured but so are quite a few who have been included (Perese, Gordon, Muirhead, Slipper). Vunivalu, ditto. Wright and Uru could probably be considered unlucky.

I am not at all thrilled to see Swinton named.

EDIT : Tom Robbo would be another who must have been close.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I like the selection of Leota & Wells.

Surprised by the selection of Timani. Not so much the omission of Hosea - I think he’ll be a Wallaby soon enough but I don’t think his ommission at this point is a big issue.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Real head scratcher there. I thought at least one of Hosea or Rodda was locked in. Would love someone to prove me wrong but I saw nearly zero dominant carries from Timani. I would guess his metres/run would be below 1m.

Would be lucky not to be negative.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Too few Force. Well, maybe the correct number but one wrong person. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) and Kuridrani (given the injury toll) are unlucky to miss out.

Surprised too that there are not more Reds. But who might have been considered unlucky? Petaia? Injured but so are quite a few who have been included (Perese, Gordon, Muirhead, Slipper). Vunivalu, ditto. Wright and Uru could probably be considered unlucky.

No often we disagree BR but the closet Kuridrani should ever get to a Wallabies squad is the front row as a spectator.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I’m thinking it’s more likely to be longer than 6 weeks if anything.

Can they add weeks on for pure stupidity???

Entry point is 6 weeks, good behaviour reduces to about 3, so based on that his entry point is he should be starting at about about 8 weeks if the commissioner is having a good day. :D

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
No often we disagree BR but the closet Kuridrani should ever get to a Wallabies squad is the front row as a spectator.
I also think Wright or Uru did not do enough to be selected so happy with their omissions vs wells and Leota who deserve their spots. I think wells defensively has been immense

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
rebels being the shittest team in the comp gets 9

Doesn't deserve a response but I'm generous today. One player isn't from 2021 (Philip), two have missed most of the season (Pone & Hodge), three will most likely be holding tackle pads (Kellaway, Leota, Wells). Leaving only To'omua, Koroibete and Naisarani as regular players who will actually feature. That's about it. Also we're not 0/10 nor a foreign legion team.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)

Agree about Robbo who can play both sides. With only 5 props Pone is a head scatcher. Did he even play any TT games?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I also think Wright or Uru did not do enough to be selected so happy with their omissions vs wells and Leota who deserve their spots. I think wells defensively has been immense

Wells appears to be have been picked on form and justifiably so. Its refreshing to see a player picked on performance rather than myth, persona, reputation or via supporter vote!

#justiceforpetaia :p

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lalakai Foketi selected over Simone is certainly a surprise.
To me it is not - foketi has been superb this season as even did some closer game analysis to see if centres were reason for leaking tries - which it was not - as was on edges and forwards where most of defensive lapses. Simone has to me offered very little compared to foketi this season. And if you told me last season I would be singing Foketi’s praises I would have thought you would be nuts...I did not last season even think he was a super rugby player and love it when players surprise you. Wells was the same as when at the Tahs did not think anything special but I have loved him at rebels this season and especially seeing his playing close up for the 2 rebels leichardt games I saw.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
rebels being the shittest team in the comp gets 9

Doesn't deserve a response but I'm generous today. One player isn't from 2021 (Philip), two have missed most of the season (Pone & Hodge), three will most likely be holding tackle pads (Kellaway, Leota, Wells). Leaving only To'omua, Koroibete and Naisarani as regular players who will actually feature. That's about it. Also we're not 0/10 nor a foreign legion team.

I will bite and add my two'penth.

Philip in form is the best running lock we have. Pone must be development. Wells is pure form and will start. Koroibete is obvious. Leota and Kellaway are to test them. To'omua and Naisarani to double check that are beyond their respective best before dates; but do provide standby bodies and experience. Hodge is just to irritate most of us but does provide cover for every position in the backline.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ryan Lonergan is on call if Gordon can’t get fit.

No news on Perese so hopefully was nothing serious

No news on who would come in if (when) Swinton suspended