• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
At the end of the day, this result is what professionalism looks like.

Any comments with the general gist of 'back in the day' are obviously completely irrelevant.

I work in accounting, and "back in the day" long lunches at the pub were the norm. Today, if I rocked back to work 2 hours after my lunch break is supposed to finish (without prior approval), I would expect some action to come from my employers.

End result - nothing to see here.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Maybe you lot are not as old as me, and didn’t knock around on the rugby field with me either. The many I still catch up with (pre Covid) across the globe are a little more tame because we’re old but still reminisce about the shenanigans we got up to. Unfortunately this generation may not have these experiences.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Of course not. We all realise that.

The bit I don’t understand is how you somehow don’t - despite being an otherwise knowledgeable and rational poster. That’s the bit I’m confused about.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
All reports suggest that the team is more pissed off at the trio who broke the rules rather than the 'snitch' - as they should be.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
won the last game without Koro for most the match with no replacement. His a gun but no one irreplaceable

Against a 3rd string French side not the ABs.
I just don’t think the punishment fits the “crime”
I accept I’m in the minority but I think there are other ways to make a point/example of those involved. Unless they are repeat offenders which there is no suggestion they are.
And of course Rennie would say he’s got the support of senior players - does anyone really think they would come out and say they thought he was heavy handed even if that’s what they really believe.
It’s a long shot to say a few cheeky beers in your hotel room is the beginning of a slippery slope - particularly if it’s dealt with internally. I think it reflects more on the narc than the players.
It’s not a monastery ffs.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Tragic,

With all due respect, none of us knows enough to have an informed opinion. One thing we do know, Rennie is our coach. I for one am pretty sure that not only does he know all the facts, but he is the person who is in the best position to know what action to take.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Depends on leadership style and personality I guess.
Dictatorship vs inspirational leadership
Letter of the law vs mentorship
Some need the former. Some respond better to the latter
Don’t know the players involved or the exact circumstances as wamberal says so it’s hard to know but it does raise some concerns in my mind at first pass.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Of course not. We all realise that.

The bit I don’t understand is how you somehow don’t - despite being an otherwise knowledgeable and rational poster. That’s the bit I’m confused about.
I guess on a scale I rate the breach at 2 and probably deserved a warning. It’s the whistleblower’s antics I question, and then Rennie had to move on it. That’s where the backlash would’ve started if the media got a hold.
The player reporting this to Thomson shows that the team is not united and definitely don’t have each other’s back. That’s not a winning team IMO.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I guess on a scale I rate the breach at 2 and probably deserved a warning. It’s the whistleblower’s antics I question, and then Rennie had to move on it. That’s where the backlash would’ve started if the media got a hold.
The player reporting this to Thomson shows that the team is not united and definitely don’t have each other’s back. That’s not a winning team IMO.

Is the RobertsRugby scale an internationally recognised measurement?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Depends on leadership style and personality I guess.
Dictatorship vs inspirational leadership
Letter of the law vs mentorship
Some need the former. Some respond better to the latter
Don’t know the players involved or the exact circumstances as wamberal says so it’s hard to know but it does raise some concerns in my mind at first pass.
I can’t think of any less inspirational style of leadership than the style that equivocates over standards and uses ‘discretion’ to decide how different individuals should be treated on black and white standards.

As for some of the suggestions others have made about dealing with it behind closed doors, does that ever end well? I guess we don’t know what we don’t know, but these things have a habit of coming out.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Didn’t realise we had so many saints on here who embrace the ruling of an iron fist. Anyway, I disagree with Rennie’s decision, and I guess the results will be telltale. Looking at the team, mostly the backline, I think we’re going to be a world of hurt. Not the team I was hoping that was going to be rolled out. Wanted a bit more fire power and the excitement with QC (Quade Cooper) and obviously Koreibete.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I can’t think of any less inspirational style of leadership than the style that equivocates over standards and uses ‘discretion’ to decide how different individuals should be treated on black and white standards.

As for some of the suggestions others have made about dealing with it behind closed doors, does that ever end well? I guess we don’t know what we don’t know, but these things have a habit of coming out.

Geez they had a few beers in their room.
No one would bat an eyelid even if it did come out. It’s not like they’re hiding a sexist, misogynistic or homophobic scandal that the press loves.
Nothing to see whether they act on it or not.
It’s only an issue in the press because they banned the players and made it one.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Geez they had a few beers in their room.
No one would bat an eyelid even if it did come out. It’s not like they’re hiding a sexist, misogynistic or homophobic scandal that the press loves.
Nothing to see whether they act on it or not.

It’s only an issue in the press because they banned the players and made it one.
They should’ve invited Rennie in to play some tunes.
Give up Tragic. It seems the minor breach is more important than winning.