• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I’d suggest that they take Uelese as the 4th hooker and leave Lonergan to also put on a bit of weight………a lot of weight.
Latu, FF (Folau Fainga'a), BPA, Kaitu’u, Uelese, Longeran all don’t fit do they.

really doesn’t seem like they’ll take Uelese, Latu is a lock. Kaitu’u might be tougher being from WA.

I’d expect BPA, Latu, FF (Folau Fainga'a) & maybe Kaitu’u if they want an extra.

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
Latu, FF (Folau Fainga'a), BPA, Kaitu’u, Uelese, Longeran all don’t fit do they.

really doesn’t seem like they’ll take Uelese, Latu is a lock. Kaitu’u might be tougher being from WA.

I’d expect BPA, Latu, FF (Folau Fainga'a) & maybe Kaitu’u if they want an extra.

Yep, Latu, BPA, FF (Folau Fainga'a) the best options atm and both Lonergan and Uelese would benefit the most from a pre-season. No brainer

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
They suggested 6 from the current squad will be cut.… It’s hard to keep track of who‘s actually there but i suspect these names will be a chance of been left behind: Wilson, McReight, Frost, R Lonergan, Foketi, Muirhead
Foketi is gone - I believe he injured himself in training.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Certainly makes sense for him to stay home and build some size for next year. I'd even suggest doing the same for McReight, he could do with another 5-10KG.
Realistically Hooper won't be missing any games + will play the full 80 mins unless he is injured. We've got Samu who can cover if need be. If Rennie is tapping into overseas talent and Hooper is injured, I'd like to see Liam Gill given a crack.....
I agree

I just feel people are pushing the narrative that he is being left at home just so he can do a pre season, whereas the reality is he is being left at home because he's not doing well enough to warrant selection in the touring squad, and because of that, he gets to do a full pre season.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
They suggested 6 from the current squad will be cut.… It’s hard to keep track of who‘s actually there but i suspect these names will be a chance of been left behind: Wilson, McReight, Frost, R Lonergan, Foketi, Muirhead
I think thats right. To'omua got released because of concussion and probably wouldn't be recalled unless Quades club doesnt let him go.

Then just wondering if Ala'alatoa is doing a Koriobete, and intending to rejoin the squad after family time in late october for the tour.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think thats right. To'omua got released because of concussion and probably wouldn't be recalled unless Quades club doesnt let him go.

Then just wondering if Ala'alatoa is doing a Koriobete, and intending to rejoin the squad after family time in late october for the tour.
Re AAA I think you’re on the money. No point rejoining the squad now where he gets to do 2 weeks hotel quarantine at his or RA’s expense, or he can just jump on the plane to Japan with everyone else and not have to worry about it.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Interesting comments by Rodda

4FD51583-23C6-4BB4-878F-C2DBBEDF945F.jpeg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder if as part of this rebalancing of his priorities, he's changed his manager?

Interestingly the self-help thing he references at the bottom is the same site/place James O'Connor credited with his turnaround.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Worth noting there were plenty of positive comments from current reds - O'Connor, McReight, Wright and Salakaia-Loto, so it certainly seems like there has been some work done to repair those relationships.

I wonder what Lucas' and Hocking's perspectives are on on all this.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I wonder if as part of this rebalancing of his priorities, he's changed his manager?
Interestingly the self-help thing he references at the bottom is the same site/place James O'Connor credited with his turnaround.
it is the same place as JOC (James O'Connor), but its just a bunch of writing..

p.s. I looked into it, trying to be a better me..

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not sure Liam Wright would make the cut

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Likely not, but thought he offered a bit more versatility off the bench if any of the others get injured

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Todays article suggest it will be 32 + 4 based in europe, whereas originally thought to be 36 + those based in europe

Notes
- Not sure about the Baby daddy returnees positions (LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) & Ala'alatoa). If they are available to do what Koroibete is doing.
- Speculated that Rennie to use Wallabies in europe if injury replacements required (dempsey, simmons, naiyaravoro & beale speculated/used as examples by journo)

If it's 32 travelling plus 4 based currently in europe, to quote the great SBW
"For me"

Hookers: Latu, Amosa, Kaituu
Props: Sio, Slipper, Bell, Thor, Ala'alatoa, Robertson (would prefer Pone personally)
Locks: Arnold, Skelton, Rodda, Philip, Swain
Backrow: Swinton, Valetini, Leota, Samu, Mcmahon, Hoops
Half: White, Mcdermott, Gordon
Flyhalf: Lolesio, JOC (James O'Connor), Quade
Centre: Paisami, Kerevi, Ikitau, Petaia
Wing: Koroibete, Daugunu, Kellaway, Wright
FB: Beale, Hodge

Last edited:

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
Todays article suggest it will be 32 + 4 based in europe, whereas originally thought to be 36 + those based in europe

Notes
- Not sure about the Baby daddy returnees positions (LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) & Ala'alatoa). If they are available to do what Koroibete is doing.
- Speculated that Rennie to use Wallabies in europe if injury replacements required (dempsey, simmons, naiyaravoro & beale speculated/used as examples by journo)

"For me"

Props: Sio, Slipper, Bell, Thor, Ala'alatoa, Robertson (would prefer Pone personally)
Centre: Paisami, Kerevi, Ikitau
Wing: Koroibete, Daugunu, Kellaway

This leaves 2 'domestic' spots. In my squad this would need to be a centre and wing. So "for me", it would be 2 of To'omua/Perese/Vunivalu

"for me" Petaia and Tom Wright ahead of the three you mentioned for the last 2 spots

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
"for me" Petaia and Tom Wright ahead of the three you mentioned for the last 2 spots
Yep you're right, I've edited. Completely forgot about Petaia. Not hugely convinved on Wright, but Vunivalu has been plagued by injury so yes, doesn't get there IMO.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Notes

"For me"

Centre: Paisami, Kerevi, Ikitau, Petaia
Wing: Koroibete, Daugunu, Kellaway, Wright
Are Kerevi and Quade confirmed as going on the EOYT? They make a big difference to our chances of success over there.