• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
I was thinking just a chance for Rennie to see them in action. But sounds like he gets a very accurate picture at training, so maybe you're right.
Agreed, would be a great chance to see them in action. I'm just a little bit cautious of taking Japan too lightly, plus good chance to stay match fit and build on combinations.

I'd go with something like

1. Bell
2. Fainga'a
3. AAA (c)
4. Swain
5. Rodda
6. Samu
7. McMahon
8. Valetini
9. White
10. QC (Quade Cooper)
11. Korobiete
12. Paisami (assuming SK isn't fit)
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Hodge
16. Kaituu
17. Robertson
18. Pone*
19. Phillip
20. Leota
21. McDermott
22. JOC (James O'Connor)
23. Perese*

Leave Slipper, Hooper and Thor on ice for the three UK games

Last edited:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm keen to see Kellaway at the back. I think he'd be the perfect fit, and even has something B.Smith about him.
I think they are all potentially going to be found out without a lot of team work, We will need two at the back with the skills of a 15 and the ball will be targeted at the third

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
So by years end there could be 7 hookers tried out.

BPA
Uelese
Fainga'a
McInerney
Lonergan
Kaitu'u
Latu

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If Kerevi is not 100% when they get on the plane to Japan it is a big risk to leave Paisami behind. Maybe we see a 10 Quade 12 JOC (James O'Connor) against Japan?
Just has the flavour of going backwards to the two playmaker model that proved so unsuccessful under Cheika and one or two before him. Rather have Paisami at 12 where a couple of months ago we mostly thought he had a mortgage on the spot.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Agreed, would be a great chance to see them in action. I'm just a little bit cautious of taking Japan too lightly, plus good chance to stay match fit and build on combinations.

I'd go with something like

1. Bell
2. Fainga'a
3. AAA (c)
4. Swain
5. Rodda
6. Samu
7. McMahon
8. Valetini
9. White
10. QC (Quade Cooper)
11. Korobiete
12. Paisami (assuming SK isn't fit)
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Hodge
16. Kaituu
17. Robertson
18. Pone*
19. Phillip
20. Leota
21. McDermott
22. JOC (James O'Connor)
23. Perese*

Leave Slipper, Hooper and Thor on ice for the three UK games
Also need to keep that winning streak going for team confidence. Think I'd rather Philip with Swain for this match with Rodda on the bench.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Of those Latu and BPA are the only ones who have ever shown any decent test form.
I keep wanting to tout Uelese but to be honest, the level of performance I've been settling for with Aus hookers is far below what I expect from every other position in the team and from other international hookers, so I understand Rennie's frustration. We don't have a hooker that is as good as his job as Tupou, Rodda, Hooper, Valetini, White, Koroibete etc. Nor do we have a hooker on the level of Coles, Taylor, Marx, Mbongo, Chat, Marchand, Owens etc.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Except for FF (Folau Fainga'a) over the last bunch of Tests..
He hasn't been great. His throwing is so-so and those knee chops could've cost us the first SA test.

Hes been fine in the context of our other hookers, I suppose.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
While it's a balancing act for the Japan Test, surely if DR has any intention of playing the likes of Perese, Daugunu etc on the Spring Tour then they have to get a run against Japan. By the time the Test against Scotland comes around it will have been 5 months since those not involved against France or the TRC have played a game of note.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I keep wanting to tout Uelese but to be honest, the level of performance I've been settling for with Aus hookers is far below what I expect from every other position in the team and from other international hookers, so I understand Rennie's frustration. We don't have a hooker that is as good as his job as Tupou, Rodda, Hooper, Valetini, White, Koroibete etc. Nor do we have a hooker on the level of Coles, Taylor, Marx, Mbongo, Chat, Marchand, Owens etc.

Although Latu's last stint at RW19 was pretty darn good, couldn't ask for anything more than that.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
There is something irrepressible about a massive bloke with good offloading. Very hard to shut down.

Some of the reactions of other players where he is just picking guys up are pretty funny. When he clean picks the player up off the ground and a teammate can’t join without making it a maul what do you do against a guy who can literally carry your team mate down the field.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
My dream wallaby tour XV, hopefully see it for the last game once they've gotten more comfortable with the structures.

1. Slipper 2. Latu 3. Tupou
4. Arnold 5. Skelton
6. Swinton 8. Valetini 7. Hoops
9. White 10. Quade 11. Koroibete 12. Kerevi 13. Ikitau 14. Kellaway 15. Hodge

16. Fainga'a 17. Bell 18. Ala'alatoa 19. Rodda 20. Samu 21. Mcdermott 22. JOC (James O'Connor) 23. Petaia

Note: Need swinton as the best backrow lineout man