• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
The teams that can handle disruption will have an advantage over the teams that cannot. I reckon Rennie is the sort of coach who will prosper in this environment, from what I can see he seems to be implacable in the face of adversity.
I'm probably wrong about him when he addresses the team in the sheds, but he exudes an 'it's a game of footy, we'll all cope' vibe.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
We like Hoss! Don’t we?

Let’s talk QC (Quade Cooper). Has he reneged on the Barbarian team involvement or the tour, or has Rennie just jumped the gun? Did QC (Quade Cooper) get his Australian passport. I’ve been away so just catching bits and pieces.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
One of the many peanuts who regularly comment on the front page that don't venture onto the forums because their rubbish wouldn't last a week.
I know there's a fair amount of snobbery in the Forums aimed at the front page. But there is a lot of humour out there and some clever writers. Also, very little parochialism except in good humour.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
We like Hoss! Don’t we?

Let’s talk QC (Quade Cooper). Has he reneged on the Barbarian team involvement or the tour, or has Rennie just jumped the gun? Did QC (Quade Cooper) get his Australian passport. I’ve been away so just catching bits and pieces.
QC (Quade Cooper) has been granted his passport. Also, Rennie has apologised for announcing Cooper for the BaaBaas without consulting his Japanese team first, think it's been rectified and Cooper will play. No news about him not playing Japan so you assume that's fine.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
QC (Quade Cooper) has been granted his passport. Also, Rennie has apologised for announcing Cooper for the BaaBaas without consulting his Japanese team first, think it's been rectified and Cooper will play. No news about him not playing Japan so you assume that's fine.
Thanks for that. I was a bit worried that QC (Quade Cooper) had a motive to gain him passport and move on. Glad to see he’s sticking by us.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
It was his cunning plan to be a mercurial playmaker, play 70 or so tests for the wallabies, win a Super Rugby title. then fall out of favour with his Super Rugby coach, bide his time in QPR and Japanese 2nd division for a few years, then return to the fold because he’s pretty much the only viable backup due to injuries, Covid bubbles, having a NZ passport, et al, then to get picked out of the blue to start against the reigning world champs and kick the winning goal after the hooter for the win and give supporters here something to cheer about purely to get an Australian passport. Bravo Quade

Last edited:

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
There was some old footage of Norm Provan on the news bulletins last night. He would have been one of the best second rowers in the world if he had played our game, not just of that era, but of any era.
From what I’ve seen Raper would’ve be an amazing 7 in those days too. They did play with unlimited tackles and 3 yard back defence, so it would’ve been similar to todays rugby.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
From what I’ve seen Raper would’ve be an amazing 7 in those days too. They did play with unlimited tackles and 3 yard back defence, so it would’ve been similar to todays rugby.
Raper was amazing. There used to be a club in downtown Sydney called the Mandarin Club, it was at the corner of Goulburn and Pitt. It was pretty popular way back when because it was open until dawn. It was not unusual to see Raper there in the early hours of game day and leave with a girl on his arm. Apparently he would eventually get a bit of sleep, then go to the nearest oval and "run it out". Then head to the game and absolutely kill it.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Raper was amazing. There used to be a club in downtown Sydney called the Mandarin Club, it was at the corner of Goulburn and Pitt. It was pretty popular way back when because it was open until dawn. It was not unusual to see Raper there in the early hours of game day and leave with a girl on his arm. Apparently he would eventually get a bit of sleep, then go to the nearest oval and "run it out". Then head to the game and absolutely kill it.
Mandarin Club was still there when I started working near there around 2000 but I think it went into administration about a decade ago.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Mandarin Club was still there when I started working near there around 2000 but I think it went into administration about a decade ago.
Was well and truly still running when I worked less than 50m away in Goulburn St in the 70/80s. Often had lunch there, but never ran into JR I have to say. Used to get some top entertainment acts, Shirley Bassey for example.