• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hegarty? No. Cant be giving jerseys away.

DP has been in the frame this year and Beale has earned his stripes many times over. When will we know?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Beale will be bench back up 10 / 15 , can't really see any other option, JOC (James O'Connor) will play 80 minutes and Beale will be a super sub, if they are pulling in 2 of them it be DP and Beale would be my guess.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Don’t particularly want Duncan anywhere near the team. Have been very unimpressed with him. I think what will happen is JOC (James O'Connor) 10, Petaia/Wright at 11/14, Kellaway at 15 with Beale and Daugunu or Perese on the bench.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I get that we'll miss Kerevi getting over the gain line - but we are looking at having Tupou, Skelton, Valetini, Bell, Arnold in the pack.
Let's adjust our gameplan accordingly and don't see why we can't do v well on this tour

Without Quade (potentially), Kerevi, Koro, and playing rookie fullback I don't think the forwards are the issue, it's the backs.

I just don't see the backs being clinical or experienced enough (without Quade). I hope I am wrong.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I would really love to see Perese start at 13. I know Ikitau has been solid but I have a feeling it could be a similar situation to what happened with Kerevi and Paisami. Paisami was in fine form but Kerevi is just on another level.

I'm not saying he will be on Kerevi's level but if its a step up on Ikitau then that's pretty damn good and will give us some much needed punch in the backline....well maybe not needed but certainly more tackle-breaking opportunities.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I would really love to see Perese start at 13. I know Ikitau has been solid but I have a feeling it could be a similar situation to what happened with Kerevi and Paisami. Paisami was in fine form but Kerevi is just on another level.

I'm not saying he will be on Kerevi's level but if its a step up on Ikitau then that's pretty damn good and will give us some much needed punch in the backline....well maybe not needed but certainly more tackle-breaking opportunities.

Perese has defensive issues, Ikitau doesn‘t. Given they’re struggling for continuity in the back 3, i think it would be a mistake to throw further disruption into the mix by replacing the 13 with Perese.

Last edited:

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Paia'aua's season of training with the Wallaby has got to put him next in line....unless......
You’re thinking Tom Lynagh, aren’t you.

Edit: actually, seems the ideal opportunity for a Tom & Louis Lynagh double act. The future is now.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Ok so assuming the Japanese 3 are all out plus Hodge. Something like this for Scotland.

15 Kellaway
14 Daugunu
13 Ikitau
12 Paisami
11 Petaia
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
9 McDermott
8 Valetini
7 Hooper
6 Swinton
5 Arnold
4 Rodda
3 Tupou
2 Fainga'a
1 Slipper

16 Latu
17 Bell
18 AAA
19 Skelton
20 Samu
21 White
22 Beale
23 Perese
That would be my starting team
Except I would swap Petaia and Kellaway

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Don’t particularly want Duncan anywhere near the team. Have been very unimpressed with him. I think what will happen is JOC (James O'Connor) 10, Petaia/Wright at 11/14, Kellaway at 15 with Beale and Daugunu or Perese on the bench.
I think the thought around Duncan is that they really need another 10 in the training squad, even if they never make the match day squad. What happens if JOC (James O'Connor) get's injured V scotland?

They will bring in mutliple players most likely, it's not just about the best 23.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think the thought around Duncan is that they really need another 10 in the training squad, even if they never make the match day squad. What happens if JOC (James O'Connor) get's injured V scotland?

They will bring in mutliple players most likely, it's not just about the best 23.
Yeah, happy to have him as a squad member. His decision making under pressure isn't great. Maybe he tightens it up on the big stage.

We're boned if we get another injury in the backs.

Cooper, Hodge, To'omua, Kerevi, Banks, DHP. Fairly sure that could've been our backline a couple years ago.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rennie seems very reluctant to do that
Petiaia at least played wing recently but not fullback. I think that is why Rennie would not want to throw him into full back in an important game as would be concerned of mental side damage would do to his confidence if had bad game at fullback. Hence let him try fullback for baa baas game which is less important and less pressure for him.

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
SMH tweeting Noah Lolesio has been called up

As the obvious first cab off the rank with the current playing roster why was he not taken in the first place, hindsight is easy but it made no sense not taking him to learn, I do not buy the sales pitch we were thrown about needing pre seasons....

Not sure when he will be available due to quarantine requirements