• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not sure he had intent but I think WR (World Rugby)/SANZAAR will take that out of our hands.

Tom Wright can go too. His discipline is appalling.

Foketi has replicated Paisami's game quite well. Not sure Hunter would slot straight back in.
IMO Foketi offers more than Hunter in the 12 spot. He has a more rounded game in my eye, and plays well with Ikitau in the centre field.

Wright gets a lot of bad commentary but who would replace him atm? Petaia has little presence in a game and was very anonymous again last night when he came on. Made one very ordinary missed-tackle attempt on Clarke that I saw, but nothing else caught the eye. Similar to his previous efforts and he still looks to be an injury waiting to happen.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I would take an injury prone Petaia over Wright now. Petaia maybe the most naturally gifted out of all the options.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I was really impressed with Foketi, few solid runs too. He was also the one yelling at Foley to kick the ball out so that shows he can read the game and ref pretty well - well at least better then Foley did at the time.
Yeah, I have been dubious on him, but he was quite good and didn't look out of place

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
no idea what you're on about BR.
OK, you say Yellow is worse than a try with such conviction I would swear you got it straight from the horse's mouth. If it's just an opinion, then perhaps say so. I have no issues at all with opinions, and have plenty of my own, but when a statement comes across as an absolute truth then I think it deserves to be questioned.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
OK, you say Yellow is worse than a try with such conviction I would swear you got it straight from the horse's mouth. If it's just an opinion, then perhaps say so. I have no issues at all with opinions, and have plenty of my own, but when a statement comes across as an absolute truth then I think it deserves to be questioned.

Literally every post on this forum is only an opinion. Please take every post of mine as an opinion from now on. Happy for you to question them all.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Wright gets a lot of bad commentary but who would replace him atm? Petaia has little presence in a game and was very anonymous again last night when he came on. Made one very ordinary missed-tackle attempt on Clarke that I saw, but nothing else caught the eye. Similar to his previous efforts and he still looks to be an injury waiting to happen.
Don't recall the missed tackle, but with his only touch of the night he made ~10m – can't complain about that. I understand that you don't have an affinity for Petaia, but I reckon it's pretty rough to rip into any winger based on their involvement in attack. Their primary job is to stand on the fringes and to get the job done if/when the ball comes out wide, which last night in Petaia's 15min, it simply didn't. Aside from his head knock, he's been injury-free since May-ish, which is honestly impressive considering the Wallabies' tally in recent months.

Wright's performances have been pretty lukewarm, and (rightly or wrongly) has become a bit of a card magnet. He's probably due a rest.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Bored so here's my 23 to break the hoodoo next week:

1. Slips
2. Porecki
3. AAA
4. Holloway
5. Philip
6. Leota
7. Samu
8. Valetini
9. Gordon
10. Foley
11. MK
12. Foketi
13. Ikitau
14. Petaia
15 Kellaway
16 Fainga'a
17. Tupou
18. Sio (is Bell nearly fit yet?)
19. Frost
20. McReight
21. White
22. Hodge
23. Vunivalu

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
IMO Foketi offers more than Hunter in the 12 spot. He has a more rounded game in my eye, and plays well with Ikitau in the centre field.

Very hard to find anyone right now. If, and it's a big if, Mark Nawaqanitawase continues to develop from his improvements this year, he might get in the mix next year - big, useful under the ball. 12 months ago I wouldn't have said it, but he made some big steps this year. He has the physical attributes at least. He is closer to a "like" player than others, I think. Of course, Wright might get smarter with how he plays and become less card-worthy too. Has plenty of skills.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

1. Slips
2. Porecki
3. AAA
4. Holloway
5. Philip
6. Leota
7. Samu
8. Valetini
9. Gordon
10. Foley
11. MK
12. Foketi
13. Ikitau
14. Petaia
15 Kellaway
16 Fainga'a
17. Tupou
19. Frost
20. McReight
21. White
22. Hodge
23. Vunivalu
The hoodoo is writing "break the hoodoo". The chicken bones told me.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

1. Slips
2. Porecki
3. AAA
4. Holloway
5. Philip
6. Leota
7. Samu
8. Valetini
9. Gordon
10. Foley
11. MK
12. Foketi
13. Ikitau
14. Petaia
15 Kellaway
16 Fainga'a
17. Tupou
19. Frost
20. McReight
21. White
22. Hodge
23. Vunivalu
I reckon we'll be without Slipper, Leota and Swain for next week. Otherwise, in a game almost won by the Wallabies I think there'll be little if any other change. So, Sio/Bell to start with the other on the bench. Opportunity for Harry Wilson to come in at 6, which I sincerely believe is his best spot running down the blindside channels and he hits hard when defending there. Maybe Holloway back to 6 and Frost/Neville both back with one on the bench, but is Neville fit? In any case, Frost back on the bench at least to replace Swain.

If Wright is dropped, which I have some doubts about, then either Petaia who has been playing very ordinarily for some time now or Hodge to the wing but I'd not like to see any changes in the outside backs affecting Kellaway at fullback. Maybe Vunivalu to wing would be a great opportunity to test him out in a game with little significance. Just put him on the Pretender (Jordan) where he can get an unhindered run to the line.

tragic

John Solomon (38)

1. Slips
2. Porecki
3. AAA
4. Holloway
5. Philip
6. Leota
7. Samu
8. Valetini
9. Gordon
10. Foley
11. MK
12. Foketi
13. Ikitau
14. Petaia
15 Kellaway
16 Fainga'a
17. Tupou
19. Frost
20. McReight
21. White
22. Hodge
23. Vunivalu
I’d send a mammoth fuck you to foz and world rugby.
Send the local subbies champs and they can sit on the field and have a beer at half time.
Then brag to their mates about their one wallabies cap for the rest of their lives.