• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Doritos Day

Tom Lawton (22)
If Swinton puts together a decent Super season coming off that nerve injury he'll become the nailed on 6. with Frost providing a chop out. You heard it here first.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Tupous biggest issue is his injury, a severe archilles injury for a prop is almost a career killer. He will need a tailored training program for year's following, if not the remainder of his career and load management on his lower limb will be significant.

I expect that will impact on some of his explosiveness, if load management is a concern and it’s a choice between sprints or scrum training for training staff, you expect they will choose scrums.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
do we really think he has the durability to be around in 4/5 years with the same impact as he does now? For mine he has a 2 to 3 year of high perfromance.
He's young to be a prop. He could change he's style and play 10 years more

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Bit of an update on assistant coaches in the SMH:
Dan McKellar is staying put, at least, a win for Jones given McKellar is the most senior Wallabies assistant and did much of the day-to-day co-ordination of schedules and training sessions. It is widely expected he will mine rugby league for a defence coach, with Michael Maguire still the name on everyone’s lips.

Where he will find an attack coach is anybody’s guess. Wisemantel will not come back. Could Jones convince Stephen Larkham to double up this year with the Brumbies and Wallabies, to help an old mate - and his old team - over the line?

Larkham has just arrived back from Munster and was probably looking forward to the predictable rhythm of Super Rugby. He’s been a Wallabies assistant once before and that didn’t end well, although backline players of that era said Bernie’s brains were behind the relative success of Australia’s 2015 World Cup campaign.

Good to see McKellar staying on, not sure if Larkham in two jobs will be workable with him having just taken over at the Brumbies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What's the goss on Michael Maguire? Surely if you have 5 games before a RWC, you don't really wanna be introducing a league defence coach to union too. They're not that similar.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I've worked with Michael Maguire previously when he was at the Rabbitohs, hen is a smart guy and i thought he was a very good at personelle management and the culture in the team was as good as any team we had worked with. He was a no nonsense coach and rewarded those players who worked hard. Seibold was his assistant coach.

Culture wise, I think he would be a good fit.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
What's the goss on Michael Maguire? Surely if you have 5 games before a RWC, you don't really wanna be introducing a league defence coach to union too. They're not that similar.
Currently an assistant with the Raiders and the NZ national coach.

I wouldn’t mind him involved. He’s a good coach with a lot of experience. You’re right that 5 games isn’t enough to create a new structure but any advice he may have for Jones and Co could definitely help.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I don’t think there would be any conflict of interest or care from NZRL is helped out. As an assistant at the Raiders he can help develop talent of other countries as is.

Different tier of nation but Chieka coached Lebanon at the last RLWC whilst still being with the Argies in Union.

Even though England lost so say what you will. Kevin Sinfield was in their coaches box. Also a League stalwart. The sports have more and more transferable skills, especially in the backs and I do think a lot comes from the Polynesian style of direct play which tends to be the same in both games.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
I've worked with Michael Maguire previously when he was at the Rabbitohs, hen is a smart guy and i thought he was a very good at personelle management and the culture in the team was as good as any team we had worked with. He was a no nonsense coach and rewarded those players who worked hard. Seibold was his assistant coach.

Culture wise, I think he would be a good fit.
Are u a coach, manager or something like that?