• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yep. First game back. Not sure how many minutes he played.

Koroibete scored a hat trick for the Wild Knights who will be very tough to beat in the final next week. He is still looking blisteringly fast. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsM4...d&ig_rid=b3dc5f91-8961-4551-a415-e6397280b0f1

Foley's Spears beat Suntory 24-18 with Foley scoring 14 points including the try that sealed the match. They'll be pretty strong underdogs in the final next week.

Cooper played an hour in an easy win for the Liners in their second relegation play-off win including scoring a try.
Any highlights on youtube? I can't find it.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
sobering reading going through the Aussies playing in Japan right now. There must be around 50 over the 2 divisions...
I've always said that we have players in Australian rugby for 5 teams but we don't have the $ to keep them here.
You could string together an almost wallabies strength back line... Foley, Koriebete, Quade. To'omua, Samu etc

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
sobering reading going through the Aussies playing in Japan right now. There must be around 50 over the 2 divisions...
I've always said that we have players in Australian rugby for 5 teams but we don't have the $ to keep them here.
You could string together an almost wallabies strength back line... Foley, Koriebete, Quade. To'omua, Samu etc
Not even 2 divisions. I can't remember who but there's a good Wallaby toiling away in the 3rd division.

Our top level players are all overseas. We think it's just a handful but really it's the inverse, we have a top few who actually stay.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep. First game back. Not sure how many minutes he played.

Koroibete scored a hat trick for the Wild Knights who will be very tough to beat in the final next week. He is still looking blisteringly fast. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsM4...d&ig_rid=b3dc5f91-8961-4551-a415-e6397280b0f1

Foley's Spears beat Suntory 24-18 with Foley scoring 14 points including the try that sealed the match. They'll be pretty strong underdogs in the final next week.

Cooper played an hour in an easy win for the Liners in their second relegation play-off win including scoring a try.

Is he ever. Those last two tries were just outright pace and he's got plenty. This bodes well.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Folau Fainga'a put himself back in contention, straight back from injury and playing well. Certainly knows his way to the try line. A few more good games for him and he will be in the squad I think.

Hopefully this gives hope that some of the other injured players can make an immediate impact (Rodda, Tupou, Bell, Leota etc)

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Folau Fainga'a put himself back in contention, straight back from injury and playing well. Certainly knows his way to the try line. A few more good games for him and he will be in the squad I think.

Hopefully this gives hope that some of the other injured players can make an immediate impact (Rodda, Tupou, Bell, Leota etc)
Tupou sounds like a massive outsider to be picked. Not even running yet. Don't think Eddie will risk it given previous experience with loading up on a Sarries contingent who weren't playing.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tupou sounds like a massive outsider to be picked. Not even running yet. Don't think Eddie will risk it given previous experience with loading up on a Sarries contingent who weren't playing.

i think Tupou body of work before his injury is enough for him to be included in any wallaby squad… I could see EJ (Eddie Jones) not picking him in a XV or match day 23.

if doctor says he is ok to board plane for France, I suspect he will be picked even with limited or no third tier fitness/tune up rugby

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
i think Tupou body of work before his injury is enough for him to be included in any wallaby squad… I could see EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) not picking him in a XV or match day 23.

if doctor says he is ok to board plane for France, I suspect he will be picked even with limited or no third tier fitness/tune up rugby
I think there's definitely a cloud over his match fitness, given recent interviews, but even 20min of a 150kg Tupou off the bench is a pretty tantalising prospect.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Pone a lock for the 3rd prop (or even 2nd if Tupou can't regain form/fitness in time?). Who are the other options. I'd say next up is clearly HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) but after that, Talakai, Robertson at TH?, van Nek, left field option of Hoskins? It's pretty bare I think.

Good we've got Quade and Kerevi back playing. Next up would be Phillip who I keep hearing is due any week, assume Leota won't play Super. We've probably been lucky that no one is 100% ruled out of the RWC yet.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
I'd suggest that is exactly the sort of approach that EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) disdains. If you want to wear gold, he wants you to show it.
Tupou's going to really struggle to find any way to show it though given he can't even run atm. A man of his physique can only get fit in so many ways.

Tupou's comments have been refreshingly honest about his chances. It's just an unfortunate situation and we will really miss him. His ceiling is so high that when he's not playing lights out we can be frustrated but realistically he is the player with the biggest gap from first to second choice.