• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Embarrassed to say that I've just been watching for the first time the 1999 RWC semi v South Africa, had it on in the background at work.

Burke's field kicking was fantastic, he saves an almost certain try by snapping it away on an awful angle but gets like 60m. To be fair the rest of the backline also had such impressive boots. Larkham and Horan were clearing the ball from the tryline to the 50m often. Just watched Roff do a kick that was better than a 22-22. No pop gun kicking to be seen, so nice.

Also, don't think I've ever seen so many drop goals in my life.

That game contained, from Tim Horan, one of the greatest individual performances I've seen at test level.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Skelton playing in the European Cup final tomorrow would be good to watch. Kerr-Barlow starting at 9 who is also wallaby eligible, wonder if Eddie will be taking a look at him, must be playing alright to get them to the final.

Actually just saw TKB scored 2 tries in the quarter and 2 tries in the semi, commentators were raving about him. I say bring him in for rugby championship

Last edited:

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Skelton playing in the European Cup final tomorrow would be good to watch. Kerr-Barlow starting at 9 who is also wallaby eligible, wonder if Eddie will be taking a look at him, must be playing alright to get them to the final.

Actually just saw TKB scored 2 tries in the quarter and 2 tries in the semi, commentators were raving about him. I say bring him in for rugby championship

Eddie would be looking at everyone lol, he did spend some time about a month ago at La Rochelle. I personally think we are pretty set at 9 its not the situation we have at 10

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Absolutely no chance Eddie brings in Tawera. Only hope was with Rennie because of their chiefs connection

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wallabies Cooper, Kerevi and Simmons (go brother) have been named in the BaaBaas to take on the World XV (what’s the difference), which I think has Koroibete in it too.
Harry Hockings, Israel Folau and Nick Phipps join Koroibete in the World XV.

the other internationals are pretty stacked too.
1684532840704.png

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
That game contained, from Tim Horan, one of the greatest individual performances I've seen at test level.
He was in doubt for the final, he had a severe bout of food poisonIng the night before the game. Incredible performance, under the circumstances.

Last edited:

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I will be watching that Babas game with considerable interest. Cooper, Kerevi and Jones together in the same team. Opportunities like that don’t come along often outside of the test window.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He was in doubt for the final, he had a severe bout of food poisonIng the night before the game. Incredible performance, under the circumstances.

It was the semi-final where he was unwell.

"While both were great moments it was Horan’s performance in the 1999 semi-final against South Africa that will forever live in rugby folklore. On the morning of the match he woke with a nasty stomach virus, one that had kept him awake and vomiting all night. Horan was lucky to stand let alone play but play he did. In one of the most dramatic matches of all-time Horan gave a masterclass."

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
While I'm not sure what impact they will have on selections, the Japan Top League final today between Spears and Wild Knights will feature Foley and Koroibete.

Tomorrow the European Champions Cup Final will feature Will Skelton for La Rochelle against Leinster.

Certainly some interesting data points for Eddie Jones on 3 of the perhaps 5 or 6 most likely overseas based players.

Leinster and Wild Knights are both red hot favourites respectively.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wonder if Quade and Kerevi (and possibly the other overseas) are even allowed to play in the Aussie A games? I wouldn't be surprised if no (the clubs say no).

Being selected for Barbarians (and World XV for Korobiete) is probably a good sign but maybe WR (World Rugby) forces clubs to release them for that.

Released probably isn't the right word, who is paying the insurance is more apt. WR (World Rugby) or RA.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
While I'm not sure what impact they will have on selections, the Japan Top League final today between Spears and Wild Knights will feature Foley and Koroibete.

Tomorrow the European Champions Cup Final will feature Will Skelton for La Rochelle against Leinster.

Certainly some interesting data points for Eddie Jones on 3 of the perhaps 5 or 6 most likely overseas based players.

Leinster and Wild Knights are both red hot favourites respectively.
Do you know where it will be streamed?